The Holy Spirit in the Old Testament

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Dear All,

I'd like to know a few things here:

The Holy Spirit, although it was present since the beginning, God poured His Spirit out on us after the resurrection of Our Lord. With the Holy Spirit abiding in us, as a result of our faith and baptism, we have access now to the "fruits" of the spirit. There are many fruits of the Holy Spirit.

What did people have before the Pentecost??

If joy is a fruit of the Holy Spirit, and we are joyful because the Spirit of God abides in us, then what did people have before?? Were they just human zombies?

Comments

• [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=5668.msg75627#msg75627 date=1187356148]

If joy is a fruit of the Holy Spirit, and we are joyful because the Spirit of God abides in us, then what did people have before?? Were they just human zombies?

i would want to know.

i know that Jesus was with the apostles before and when He ascend He'll send the Spirit. and i guess people before Christ had the prophets and the judges and their writings, the old testement, to be lead in the way of God.
  • Mina,
    Im lost.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=5668.msg75629#msg75629 date=1187358271]
    Mina,
    Im lost.

ignore it.......
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=5668.msg75628#msg75628 date=1187356497]
    [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=5668.msg75627#msg75627 date=1187356148]

i would want to know.

i know that Jesus was with the apostles before and when He ascend He'll send the Spirit. and i guess people before Christ had the prophets and the judges and their writings, the old testement, to be lead in the way of God.

We were given the Holy Spirit, and we have the fruits of the Holy Spirit. However, given that the fruits of the Holy Spirit are peace, and joy, what did people have before the day of the Pentecost?
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=5668.msg75638#msg75638 date=1187389076]
    We were given the Holy Spirit, and we have the fruits of the Holy Spirit. However, given that the fruits of the Holy Spirit are peace, and joy, what did people have before the day of the Pentecost?

we weren't given the fruit of the Holy Spirit. we were the Holy Spirit and through Him working fully in us, we are than granted the fruit.