Random q

edited July 2007 in Faith Issues
Alright, If someone who is young (teen years) has feelings for people of the same gender, but doesn't act upon it, then marries a person of the opposite gender later on, is it still a sin? Like my question is like when you confess to you foc do you have to say that your feelings were toward the same sex, or can you say i committed adultery in my heart?

btw, Adultery in the heart is like when christ said "anyone who looks at someone with lust has already committed adultery."

and lastly, i just want to say that i don't want anyone to say i'm gay because i'm not. This has nothing to do with me, just one of my coptic friends

Comments

• [quote author=christianity link=topic=5532.msg73928#msg73928 date=1183946068]
    Alright, If someone who is young (teen years) has feelings for people of the same gender, but doesn't act upon it, then marries a person of the opposite gender later on, is it still a sin? Like my question is like when you confess to you foc do you have to say that your feelings were toward the same sex, or can you say i committed adultery in my heart?

lust is lust......towards anything or anyone. you confess the sin as it is. don't try to get ways around confession.
  • Minagir is correct; all sins must be confessed. To be attracted in lust to a person of the same gender, or one of the other gender to whom one is not married are both wrong.

If you have a look at the thread here on Homosexuality you will see what is, I think, an insightful and thoughtful discussion, which will, I hope, help you.

In Christ,

Anglian
  • but keep in my mind too its not always easy to say it straight up
    at times ppl may be extremely ashamed of what they did and describe the sin in a less indirect way is that ok?
    if your confessing the sin but in a different and less straight forward manner then i think its ok as long as you reveal the burden or sin you are concealing