Two Heads

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
What would the church do if someone had twins but somehow their heads were stuck together. IDK what's the scientific term for that. Would the church give them permission to go into surgery and seperate them?

PK

Comments

• I suspect the answer is that the Church would apply its compassion and wisdom to such an unfortunate circumstance, and that in its pastoral wisdom it would recommend whatever was most likely to sustain life.

It would be a most heartbreaking decision if it meant that one of the twins was bound to doe; but if the alternative was that both of them would die, the dilemma would be a terrible one, to be decided, I suspect, by the pastoral circumstances.

In Christ,

Anglian
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

You're speaking about Siamese twins.  It is certainly a heartbreaking case as John so rightly points out.  This would be something that the Church would, almost certainly, handle on the case by case basis.  While there have been cases of successful separations of twins joined at the head, one would definitely have to seek out medical advice in the matter and consult professionals in the field.  I think the Church would support whatever decisions the parents would make.
  • well for starters, i think that of course the church would allow that.  i meen it would be for the good of tthe twins.  well, do u meen that thery r lke destroyinig Gods creation.  well not necessarily becuz God needs us to go through some pain to enter the kingdom of God.  sure it mat hurt but im guessin that its rely for a good cause. 

p.s. do u no anybody lke that sorry juss wondering.  but if u dont want t answer thats kk. 
  • First baptise them as 2 separate persons. So if anything goes wrong (God forbid) at least they go straight to heaven. Then well i am sure the church would allow them to be separated if possible.