Pope shenouda question?

OK well my dad really likes tapes by HH. But in one of the tapes HH says he is againist hermits and doesn't believe in them? I am confused? SO HH doesn't believe in people Like St. Paul the Hermit, or St. Barsoum, St. Reweiss, St. Paphnotious, St. Pigimi, St. Karas, St. Thomas, St. Abouna Abd el messeih?

And HH himself lived as a hermit 25 km outside of el sourian monastery for a couple years. Is he just trying to cover up that fact?

Comments

• Well, that is one I haven't heard, so it is difficult to say - but it would be worth listening to the exact words and the context - as you say, His Holiness was himself a great ascetic.

Perhaps you could let us have the words?

In Christ,

Anglian
  • I must say, I find that impossible to believe. Most of His Holiness' works are filled with references to the words and deeds of the hermit fathers. In fact, he wrote an entire book on them, entitled "Our Fathers the Anchorites", which can be downloaded here: stmary-church.com/anchorites.pdf
  • i find it hard to beleive thet the Pope said that because he wrote a poem titeled ( A hermit) in his book (the Realease Of The Spirit)