just discuss

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
hey

someone who wants to be a good christian...i mean knowing the bible good, go to church regularly and so on...but that person sins a lot - the same sin every time - and he promise himself not to do that again...but he does...and everytime he feels bad about that...everytime mor bed than the other...
but he feels that god is with him...but he sins again and again...

what are these feelings?
is god really with him all the time? however he sins or not?
and what if he sins and than he tooks the bible and read it?
what about taking (gasad we dam yasoua3)?

Comments

• First your father of confession should help you answer most of these questions. Now with God's help the sin should get less and less everytime not worse and worse. If it gets worse and worse then your father of confession and he will probably give you guidance and what to do. It is good when you sin to take the bible and read it if you can also try to pray the hour that you are in, in the agpya. God Bless You. Pray for me.
  • brother,

everyone sins, and the devil is sneaky, so he knows that person's very weak points and attacks them constantly
    so that person maybe prayin all the prayers the Agbeya, and reading the Holy Bible, and Fasting, but he will still attack
    and get satisfaction from that one sin. 

By that person feeling bad about the sin, THAT MEANS THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS WORKING IN HIM, and thats a good thing because that Prooves GOD IS WITH HIM.
    In order to defeat the devil the person must strenghtn his defense by prayin more and "doing matanias" asking God to forgive him and protect hi from Satan.

Of course God is with us at all times, for he makes our Hearts his Home, God Lives in everyone, and we recieve God's Body and Blood through Holy Communion.

After a person sins, he should repent and feel bad for his sin, and Try to confess as soon as possible.  But no matter how oftn a person sins he should not stop reading the Holy Bible.  It should be read everday.  Communion and the Holy Body and Blood of Jesus should be taken after a person has confessd his sins and spoken to a priest

Please pray for me, for I am an even bigger sinner :/
  • Dear aripsalin and all,
    I strongly agree with what has already been said. Let me just add these points:
    1- like gregorythesinner said, fasting, reading the Bible, and other things shouldn't stop because this is how Satan wants us to fall: just Communion should be discussed with father of confession ASAP.
    2- being a good Christian, doesn't just mean being a church-goer, or a Bible studier, and a great sermon (many of these might still fall in sin, and maybe lose eternal life as well), but just being honest with God, and have a relationship with Him. So, don't do these things if they will only convey the message to people that you are righteous. It shouldn't be people, it should be God who we care about the most.
    3- Most importantly, being a good Christian means following Jesus' example: so try hard, and very hard to get rid of the sin, and not only be content by praying and feeling bad about it. I tell you this: the evil one may even help you feel bad about it because he's very deceitful but you have to ask God's assistance in giving up the sin.
    I might have used the object "you" or "we" sometimes, but this applies to anyone.
    God bless you all and mention me in your prayers