Wedding

Hey everyone,

My dad's cousin is getting married soon and I am kind of leading in the wedding, does anyone have any idea where I can find lyrics to the coptic orthodox weddding and recordings?

P.S: Any advice on what I should do? The whole hymns responses and the order of how they are sung is all up to me and I do not know how to set the order. Should I do it like the choir in the cathedral during the celebration liturgies where the leader has a solo part and the rest of the choir respond back or the traditional way where half of the choir sings and the other half responds or the other way where everyone chants together?

Comments

• [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=5207.msg69786#msg69786 date=1176608938]
    Hey everyone,

My dad's cousin is getting married soon and I am kind of leading in the wedding, does anyone have any idea where I can find lyrics to the coptic orthodox weddding and recordings?

here:
    Holy Matrimony - Crowning Ceremony

P.S: Any advice on what I should do? The whole hymns responses and the order of how they are sung is all up to me and I do not know how to set the order. Should I do it like the choir in the cathedral during the celebration liturgies where the leader has a solo part and the rest of the choir respond back or the traditional way where half of the choir sings and the other half responds or the other way where everyone chants together?

look,
    just lead we khalas. it's not that hard. i did tons of wedding and guess what something always goes out of control either for hymns, who's praying, who's taking care of the shoria and all of these stuff. i think the best thing to do is make sure you organize everyone's place.....deacons and the people.
    as for hymns, i don't think you'll have that much deacons to do like the chorus. also don't like other khorases to the cathedral chorus. they, the cathedral chorus, practice for 7 hours straight everyday of the last 2 week of the feast. i don't think u'll find deacons to do that for a wedding. :)
  • thanks minagir for replying. that makes me feel a lot better. do u have any other advice?
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=5207.msg69790#msg69790 date=1176611812]
    thanks minagir for replying. that makes me feel a lot better. do u have any other advice?

well not really, just enjoy the show..... :). ;D
  • hey minagir

do u have the recording for these hymns?

it does not have to be in the same location, just the links to the ones that are only said during the wedding cermony. for example, you don't have to give me the links to ti-shori or pipnevma because i know where they are located. thanks in advance.
  • [quote author=kmeka001 link=topic=5207.msg69793#msg69793 date=1176614927]
    hey minagir

do u have the recording for these hymns?

it does not have to be in the same location, just the links to the ones that are only said during the wedding cermony. for example, you don't have to give me the links to ti-shori or pipnevma because i know where they are located. thanks in advance.

here:
    http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Hymns/Other_Occasions/Weddings.html

• the Book of the Holy Matrimony Liturgy, in English, Coptic & Arabic.
    It is PDF file for printing as a book in 72 Pages + the Cover, paper size legal (14.0" x 8.5").
    The book could be reached directly at
    http://www.stmaryottawa.org/Holy_Matrimony_Liturgy.pdf