help

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
hi guys and gals i want to ask you guys if you feel some times like when you pray you don't put all you have like your doning an ordinary thing. :'( :-\ Why do i feel the way i do? Surely i dont know and i dont want to ask my mother. What should i do? ???

Comments

• I know what you mean "konafa" by the way do you eat "atayeaf" as well?
    hahahahhahaa............ i am kidding!
    i really like your name! i can tell already you have a great sense of humor!

Konafa, when a person thinks about praying they get "LAZY" eventhough they had the energy to do many many things during the day and night! but when it comes to praying they feel lazy and tired!
    Because my dear friend, it is the devil tring to get you away from god! Think of it this way, GOD GAVE YOU HIS LIFE TO SAVE YOU, AND HE DEDICATED ALL OF HIS TIME FOR US, AND YOU CAN NOT FIND 1 MINUTE OF YOUR TIME TO SAY THANK YOU!" that is what i tell myself everytime when i pray and feel lazy! God never feels lazy on us when we need him, so why do we do it to him when we are the ones who need him???

Also, when people pray sometimes they feel they are not giving it 100% as they do doing anything else! again, konafa, the devil is doing this to destroy the relationship you have with god! what helps me is that i keep my eyes focused on god's picture infront of me!

Also, people sometimes don't pay attention to their prayers and think about "ohh.....what am i gonna wear tomorrow?" or whatever, again the devil wants you away from god! it is his JOB! he is distracting you!

The prayers you say ya konafa, let the heart say it and make sure the heart and mind are paying attention!

pray for me,
  • i agree with bentBABAyasoo,

everytime i get into the prayer,the devil always has to tempt me

for example, when i finally feel like i am pouring my heart out to God, i have to go to the bathroom, idk y, 95% of the time i think it is the devil doing this to me! I PERSONALLY hate this!!!!!! The devil does this to veryone and he is going to tempt us to the day until we die

hope i helped

EgY
  • egy and benbabbayasuo (spelt wronge sorry) you guys did help and thank you for relating.  and that bathroom issue happens for me too. hahah. :) ;) :D
            anyway i just hate it because it also happens in church im concertaing on the mass and every thing then i start to daydream or what im going to do today or if i have homework and all that worldly stuff thats not needed. i try to reslove this by repeating what abouna says and i stay more focused.  or i just ask god to get the devil out of my head, and to stay away from my thoughts, and it always works.