Epouro Lyrics?

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Anyone have the text/lyrics for Epouro in Coptic but written in English? Any help is greatly appreciated! Epouro - O King of Peace the hymn/song. Thanks and God Bless! :D

Comments

• Epouro enteti hirini
    moynan entek hirini
    semni nan entek hirini
    kanen novi nan evol

gorh evol enni gaji
    enteti ekekleseya
    ari soft eros
    enneskem sha-eneh

emmanoeel pennoti
    khen tenmeeti tino
    khen ep-oo ente peviot
    nem pi epnevma ethowab

entefesmo eron tiren
    entef tovo ennen heet
    entev talet sho enni sho ni
    ente nen epsishi nem nen soma

ten ho-osht emmok o pi ekhrestos
    nem pekyot en aghathos
    nem pi epnevma ethowab
    je ak (ee/tonk/masf/ashk) aksoti emmon

PLease anyone feel free to correct it if anything seems wrong.

GBU
  • i have a question..is it ekeklysya or eklesya?

got another one whats (ee/tonk/masf/ashk)? like whats the diff. because i never actually knew the diff. between them!

GBU
    sandra
  • ok, thanks! ;D
  • Thank you soooo much, I've been looking for this for such a long time. Thanks again! :D

• hv u got the lyrics in english? i mean the translated 1?
  • O King of peace, grant us Your peace. Bestow unto us Your peace, and forgive us our sins.

Disperse the enemies of the Church, and with Your might, establish her forever.

Emmanuel our God is now in our midst, with the glory of His Father and the Holy Spirit.

May He bless us all and sanctify our hearts, and heal the sicknesses of our souls and bodies.

We worship you O Christ, with Your Good Father and the Holy Spirit, for You have come and saved us.

• thnx heaps but thr is a problem i cant really fit it with the tune

there is another virsion i've heard be4 but i cant find it! :-X
  • Dear mnc_hnn

here is another version in english, but you will notice, that some of the words are inconsistent. That is the main problem of translation, some of the meaning is lost or there are a number of ways to translate something. The best guide to stick by is use the version your church parish uses so as not to confuse yourself. When you have mastered it, look into other versions and try to master them.

It also gives rise to one of your other questions...why in Coptic?...a different post of yours. Because the hymn was written in Coptic and praised in Coptic.

Have you ever asked yourself why we say "Ya Kol A Sefoof El Sama Eyeen" in arabic in church (mainly)?? especially on Easter day?

Because it was actually written in arabic, and is a more "modern" hymn than the others.

GBU

YBIC
    mg

O king of peace, give us your peace, establish your peace, and forgive us our sins.

Disperse the churches enemies, and fortify her, that she may not, be shaken forever.

Emmanuel our God, is now in our midst, with His Father's glory, and the Holy Spirit.

To bless us all, purify our hearts, and to heal the illnesses, of our souls and bodies.

We worship you O Christ, with Your Good Father and the Holy Spirit, for You have come and saved us.
  • Have you ever asked yourself why we say "Ya Kol A Sefoof El Sama Eyeen" in arabic in church (mainly)?? especially on Easter day?

Because it was actually written in arabic, and is a more "modern" hymn than the others.

what do you mean by modern???
  • by modern i mean the hymn was written a fair bit after the other hymns such as ekhristos anesti and ton sina and too lithos
  • does that mean it's more understandable or what?