heavenly hosts

i was wondering if anyone can give me more information on the heavenly hosts...their ranks and their duties....

also if we believe in guardian angels...i realize we believe in angles and that they do protect us...but more in terms of how we see guardian angels in modern day...like one angel for every human being and the same angel being with the same person from birth until death?

Comments

• The heavenly hosts are divided into three hierarchal stages; each hierarchal stage has three ranks:

1)   The Thrones, Cherubim, and Seraphim
    2)   Authorities, Dominions and Powers.
    3)   Archangels, Angels, and Principalities

Hierarchal stage 1 represents those closest to God. According to the Fathers, the heavenly hosts, generally speaking, are given authority by God to govern certain aspects of the cosmos and even heaven. However, I cannot explain to you how, if at all, the specific ministry of the Archangel differs from that of the Dominion, for the Fathers also tell us that the basis of the above divisions is not revealed to man, but known only to God who is the cause of such divisions.

Regarding Archangels: yes, the Church believes that each individual has their own guardian angel. This belief stems from Matthew 18:10.