and David followed the Lord with all his heart..

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
if God loved David and david walked in righteousness, why God wouldn't allow him to build the temple himself and let his son Solomon build it?

Comments

• God never said Solomon would build the temple, he said that David's son would build the temple, and obviously here it was meant the Temple of the body of Christ!!!!!!!

As for why Solomon built the temple, i never understood that part either. David was by far more worthy to build that temple, because Solomon fell in worse sin than his father. He had hundreds of women and built temples for pagans and worshiped them, while he was the wisest man on the world!!!
  • do you remeber when david sinned by that lady. so he killed her husbend and he did a lot of other sins in one time. and than he repented and went back to God. so God punished himm.

sorry am not that clear about the story, but the main thing is that was a punishment for David for sinning.
  • David already got punished for what he did to Uria, his first born of that woman died...
  • 3 You know how my father David could not build a house for the name of the Lord his God because of the wars which were fought against him on every side, until the Lord put his foes under the soles of his feet. 4 But now the Lord my God has given me rest on every side; there is neither adversary nor evil occurrence. 5 And behold, I propose to build a house for the name of the Lord my God, as the Lord spoke to my father David, saying, "Your son, whom I will set on your throne in your place, he shall build the house for My name."

and also this chapter takes bout it. http://biblestudytools.net/OnlineStudyBible/bible.cgi?passage=1ch+17&version=nkj&showtools=0
  • do you remeber when david sinned by that lady. so he killed her husbend and he did a lot of other sins in one time. and than he repented and went back to God. so God punished himm.

sorry am not that clear about the story, but the main thing is that was a punishment for David for sinning.

oh yea i know this story.

David was by far more worthy to build that temple, because Solomon fell in worse sin than his father. He had hundreds of women and built temples for pagans and worshiped them, while he was the wisest man on the world!!!

i dont think u can tell who sinned more that'll be judging lol..

3 You know how my father David could not build a house for the name of the Lord his God because of the wars which were fought against him on every side, until the Lord put his foes under the soles of his feet. 4 But now the Lord my God has given me rest on every side; there is neither adversary nor evil occurrence. 5 And behold, I propose to build a house for the name of the Lord my God, as the Lord spoke to my father David, saying, "Your son, whom I will set on your throne in your place, he shall build the house for My name."

ok, does this mean that it was a sin when david went out for wars and killed other people?

GBU