Solomon & wisdom

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Peace and Grace every1 :)

1) i want to ask why did God especially ask solomon for what he wanted?

2)if solomon was given this great wisdom WHY did he sin? isn't it that he knew rit from wrong sooo good?

3) did David's love to God affect Solomon's life? i mean his future (that is being given wisdom and building the temple) after the death of David?

if yes so if a person's parents are evil that will affect their future too?

GBU

*please could u rit the no. of the question near it's answer cos i get confused a lot... ;D

Comments

• 1)i want to ask why did God especially ask solomon for what he wanted?

God gave Solomon the choice as he knew his heart. He knew that he will not ask for kingdoms or richness. God sometimes ask us the questions only to hear the answers from us so he could reward us for it. Same as the school exams, the teacher give you the exam only for you to answer it and he will grade you for it.

2)if solomon was given this great wisdom WHY did he sin? isn't it that he knew rit from wrong sooo good?

The wisdom is not to prevent sins. The wisdom comes with a great risk of sins such as Extremity. If you think that you are the smartest guy in your school/work you most likely to slack. We do know right from wrong and we still sin.

3) did David's love to God affect Solomon's life? i mean his future (that is being given wisdom and building the temple) after the death of David?

I will leave this to someone else to answer ???
  • 3) did David's love to God affect Solomon's life? i mean his future (that is being given wisdom and building the temple) after the death of David?

I will leave this to someone else to answer

Anybody want to answer??
  • 3) did David's love to God affect Solomon's life? i mean his future (that is being given wisdom and building the temple) after the death of David?

I will leave this to someone else to answer

I think maybe David's love to God did affect Solomon... maybe Solomon realised he did not have much wisdom if any at all when he compared ? himself to David his father and saw that his father was upright.. he may of realised the success of Davids kingship was because david did not forsake his God...
    am I right?

And I think maybe God let Solomon build the temple for Davids sake.. am I right?

Maybe read 2 Samuel 7
    From
    http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Samuel 7;&version=9;