Paying Someone Back

edited February 2006 in Random Issues
If someone does a favor for you, and you cannot repay them is it a sin?

[glow=red,2,300]What if you can repay them, but you don't feel that its necessary, isn't that a sin?[/glow]

If you borrow something from someone and lose it, can you replace it or should you tell them the truth?
These might be dumb questions, but I was just wondering. It's just a thought. Thanks.

Comments

• There was a verse in the Bible about someone that gives you something, I can't remember really well, but what I remember a little bit about, was that I think if someone gives you something you shouldn't accept it, but I think you can repay them by a thanks, that's basicly the best repayed favor! I also think that you should tell them the truth no matter what, because...let's say that you borrowed from a friend their shirt, and lets say you accidently got it stained with mustard, so your going to repay her back by buying a new shirt the exact same one? I think she needs the truth!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=CopticChica21 link=board=11;threadid=3191;start=0#msg47497 date=1139452872]
    [b]If someone does a favor for you, and you cannot repay them is it a sin?
    i really don't think so. there is nothing that can make it a sin.

What if you can repay them, but you don't feel that its necessary, isn't that a sin?
    i think it wouldn't be but it's wrong to always help and serve and take the blessing of doing something good for some one else.

If you borrow something from someone and lose it, can you replace it or should you tell them the truth?
    of course you have to tell him the truth. here you would be makeing a sin of hiding the truth of some one. it's like hiding the truth in may be the court or somthing. you would be still commeting the sin of not saying the truth.
  • i agree with everything minagir said...

about the last question though, i would tell them the truth and also replace it...
  • But, wouldn't it be easier to buy them just the same one and not tell them, cause then they wouldn't trust you.

i know that sounds kinda dumb, but think about it

im pretty sure youd all replace it, but we wouldn't ALL tell the truth
  • [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=11;threadid=3191;start=0#msg47577 date=1139529055]
    coptic servant, i think that the verse you are referring too says that when you lend someone something, dont expect it back..

Yes, that's it MarMar thank you, I really appreciate it!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • [quote author=CopticChica21 link=board=11;threadid=3191;start=0#msg47572 date=1139528405]
    But, wouldn't it be easier to buy them just the same one and not tell them, cause then they wouldn't trust you.

i know that sounds kinda dumb, but think about it

First, nothing sounds dumb.

Second, i would rather get forgiven and loss the trust (that's if that person is really cold hearted that he wouldn't trust or understand).
    if you think about it, if you loss the person's trust, would it be a sin. NO, but when you not saying the truth, YOU ARE SINNING.

Third,

You should do what's RIGHT, not what ALL do. if it is that way, why not go do what other people do. or why not go do what other false christans do.
    CopticChica21, if someone tells you somthng you know it's not right, don't do it. even if they are doing, IT"S NOT RIGHT.

• i agree with all that was said above. the person would actually appreciate that you went through the trouble of buying them the replacement. they would also appreciate that you told them the truth and was honest with them. now you have won their trust, not lost it.
  • we need to re[ay Jesus for alot of things...but we cant do anything that would be equivelent to what he deserves...

i dont think we are sinning that way though!!
  • it is IMPOSSIBLE to repay God back. Simply because there is nothing equivalent to the Holy Blood and Body of CHRIST.

you should always try to repay your debt, even though it is impossible. if God sees that you are not trying to repay your debt, then yes, i believe it is a sin.
  • pretty much..try a much as you can...

if u cant repay as much as they gave you..that is ok...if u dont try hard enough ..well... i wouldnt say it is a SIN...(sin is a big word)...