Money

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
hey all,
well last week our sunday school lesson was about money and it was really interesting lesson i will try to get the papers for ya...but i need to ask u something ad i need ur opinion too...
Is money good or bad???
GBU

remember me in ur prayers!

Comments

• Money is neither good or bad.
    Do not worship it and do not care for it.
    However, you should be careful on how you spend it (don't spend it on yourself, and remeber the Prodigal Son who wasted his money on his sinful life and friends.)

Be careful with situations regarding money and remeber to give alms.

• It depends on the way you use it.
  • okay...lets see...u r saying here that it depends on the way u use it!!
    if u use it the rit way like to bye useful stuff thats rit and cool and no one disagree...but how about if we finished the amount of money and we want more??isn't that a sin?
    GBU
  • yea... money is essential for living... too much it causes problems...because then we become focused on the materialistic things in life rather than wat is more important....
    speaking of money i also have a question...?
    if u win the lottery.... and u decide that ur going to put this money that u won into the church....is it true that the church will not accept this money although it is for the development of the church?
    i mean we can go back to basics and say that gambling is wrong in the first place.... but hey... give me ur opinions....

God Bless
    Coptic21
  • It's the first time I hear that...but I got where they are coming from. If you win that money in the lottery...you didn't really put an effort into achieving that amount of money...and I guess what they would want is what you achieve not what you gain from nothing.
  • Marianne i know what u mean... but say for example ur someone that doesn't work so u obviously can't put effort into the making of ur money... one day u decided to buy a lottery ticket...and u won....u want to help the church... so u decide to put the money in the church rather than keeping it for ur self! wat then?

God Bless
    Coptic21
  • I have no idea...since I never actually heard of that...but I do know the church oppose kind of the lottery/stock market stuff...and gambling of course...but i wouldn't knw what would be their view on that.
  • people...its abouna turn to decide if he is gonna take this money or not!!
    because the church have to get money by effort too(not the church but the people in the church)...did u guys get it?
    but i am talking about money in general!
    GBU
  • I make money to live
    I don't live to make money
  • [quote author=AthanasiusTheApostolic link=board=11;threadid=2736;start=0#msg42288 date=1131553566]
    I make money to live
    I don't live to make money

well...thas kinda rit but its a little bit confusing!
  • Money is a blissing . and you will be more blissed if you give the 10% to god first .try that and the blissings will keep coming to you. money can help you and can destroy you too.also don't accept any money you don't deserve it.....thats all about money..... any body agree with me?????
  • [quote author=coptic-in-nj link=board=11;threadid=2736;start=0#msg42514 date=1131895296]
    Money is a blissing . and you will be more blissed if you give the 10% to god first .try that and the blissings will keep coming to you. money can help you and can destroy you too.also don't accept any money you don't deserve it.....thats all about money..... any body agree with me?????

That is very true coptic-in-nj, money is a blessing and you need to give 10% to our Lord or autay for Sunday School! It's a beautiful feeling when you give 10% as God told us to give to the poor or are in need also of money!

Forever
  • Remember that the 10% is a minimum. This was the old testament law however the new testament law says that there is no limit to giving.

PK
  • [quote author=Marianne87 link=board=11;threadid=2736;start=0#msg42278 date=1131546593]
    I have no idea...since I never actually heard of that...but I do know the church oppose kind of the lottery/stock market stuff...and gambling of course...but i wouldn't knw what would be their view on that.

hello all,
    just on a point of the stock market, it is not gambling, you are investing money in a company, and through the increase of the company's growth, the value of your shares increases too, then you sell them at a profit.

that has no comparison with gambling.

i know many Christians who invest in the stock market for some money and sometimes as their job (professional investors)

GBU all
    mg
  • ok...u know of some Christians who do it...but it doesn't mean it's right...The church does oppose it and they would prefer that you invest your money with God (church) than in a company