When?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
When will God ever stop testing our faith? When will God be persuaded of our love for Him? Or will this testing last forever?

God Bless
Coptic21

Comments

• Coptic21,

When will God ever stop testing our faith?

Why do u want God to stop testing our faith? If we really truly love God, then we should not complain whether He tests our faith or not. He does not test our faith through tribulations for the sole purpose of making our lives difficult, but on the contrary. Think of it this way, if you kept studying math at school (or some other subject) and you were never tested on the material covered, then there would be no point of taking the class, because there would be no method to measure your performance.

God never promises us an easy life, He clearly tells us that in the world we will have tribulation. But there is nothing to fear, in whatever we might go through because He will always be by our side.

"we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God" Acts 14:21
    God tested Job many many times, He took everything he had, his wife, his children, everything.

Sometimes God allows things to happen to test our faith, not so that we become discouraged or dismayed, but so that our faith might be strengthened, a true christian's faith appears in the times of tribulations.

"These have come so that your faith—of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire—may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed" 1 Peter 1:7

just as gold must be put in fire to be refined, so must we sometimes go through difficulties (that may seem as fire) to make us strong in Christ

God also tests us to remind us not to be proud. We are dust, can the dust do anything on its own? certainly not. but through God's power, "I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me" Philippians 4:13, and "My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12: 9).

• when we become perfect, it is only then God will be persuaded

"If you love Me, keep My commandments."
    John 14:15
  • mmmm.... thanx u guyz.... a_deacon and princessmary... i guess the whole deal with the testing of the love and faith never really made sense to me... not that i see it as pointless... but because its just a bit hard to comprehend....
    thanx

God Bless
    Coptic21
  • John 16:33 --> "In the world you WILL (thats a promise) have tribulations, but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world."
  • An excellent question.

Nevertheless, please remeber that with God the strand of time is eternal, since He Himslef holds the paintbrush of time in His hands. His realm exceeds any notion of constriction and the progressus of monets that pass by. He defies the Newtionian laws of physics and eats up the singularities of the strongs black holes. He is eternal. 2 Peter 3:8 "With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day"

Now to answer your question, I will first ascertain the presuppositions of that question. You are presupposing that the "testing of faith" is implemented on the basis of a progressus (the movement of time) and that this test is enjoined in a union with every other follower of Christ.

What your question is really asking is

How much time will it take to satisfy God of His true followers love for Him?

How much time will take for Him to finally act; to come and judge the world in righteousness?

It is a profound and sincere question to ask, with an even more extravegent answer to follow.

Please refer to Revelations 6:9-11

Those who "had been slain because of the word of God", specifically the martyrs cry out to God "How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?"

The question holds the same substantial presuppositions as the one you had begun this forum with. Our Lord answers them with a concise but thought provoking response.

It is written; "Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed."

First the servants of the Lord (keep in mind that these are saints who have attained the highest form of servitude in God's eyes; who have taken the ultimate pledge of loyalty to the Most High, even through the extermity of torture and death) are given a "white robe" to wear.

Here, is the consolence God gives to His servants. The most exceptional sense of empathy one can recieve. Not only aknowledgement of their faith, but the substantial emblem of purity and grace God bestows upon their souls. The white robes console the distress of the saints, emotionally, and transmute to the Saints that sense of peace that only Our Lord can provide.

On may envision the hypothetical discourse this action imparts

"Rest my child, rest in peace. I know what you are going through. Be patient, for My Grace is ever so abundant."

Thus, they are told to wait longer, to be patient.

Why?

So that the absolute number encompassing the servants that would die for Christ would "be complete". God is patient and calls us to perservere since there are many more brothers; many more Chritians; who must be borne, learn of Christ and ultimatley carry their cross even unto death for Him.

The God of mercy and justice is simply waiting for every one of His children, a specified number which only He knows, to answer His calling. Thus, their is only a short time left for the God who's second coming has already occured in His mind.

Until then, accept the robe of consolation He has and will continue to give to you.

I hope this helps,

God bless.
  • How do you know all of this gmankbadi?