Ashamed

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Hi,
well, these years are the most difficult! I would have to say that people judge more often on size and facial look, I think that people need to keep comments to there self not to judge or gossip, I have heard people that have gotten hurt from facial look: including racism and skin tone, and size: including weight, some of the people I have heard of they are on a diet from people insulting them, and saying, "your fat", I very dislike this phrase, I would never say that to anybody, I think people should ignore them, they should think of themselves, and if they didn't ignore them, they are going to go on a diet, I saw a 16 year old girl and she talked on the video about someone calling her fat, so she went on a diet, she would eat less and less, and she still thought of herself as fat, so she kept eating less now she is a 16 year old and weighs about 76 pounds, what do you all think of this, I think it is horrible, I would like to hear stories, I mean you need to feel postive about yourself, it's not right to go on a diet unless the doctor gives you a perscription to take pills or medicine to lose weight or eat more healthier meals, what I think is that you should feel very very positive or else what the person said that to you will keep picking on you, you need to stand up to them, or just ignore them, please help me and help others feel better about themselves, I really would like to know how everybody feels about this, and how we can help the people that want help!

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• You know, if someone gave people the impression that they don't care about what anybody says, no one would make comments like that..and when they do, they're the ones who feel stupid as the other person isn't touched...so if you ask me, it's moreover up to the person who's receiving these remarks rather than the person making them..I mean, people are people..you can't change them but you can change yourself and everything would work out for the best.
  • [quote author=ServantOfJesus link=board=13;threadid=2675;start=0#msg41307 date=1130624690]
    You know, if someone gave people the impression that they don't care about what anybody says, no one would make comments like that..and when they do, they're the ones who feel stupid as the other person isn't touched...so if you ask me, it's moreover up to the person who's receiving these remarks rather than the person making them..I mean, people are people..you can't change them but you can change yourself and everything would work out for the best.

I think what you said ServantOfJesus is GREAT, I think it can help a lot with what they said, and probably the person who got hurt I think there going to take it a wrong way! Can I hear other peoples point of view or opinion, I would like to know what you all think of this.

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • well of course hurting people and making them feel bad is wrong, but this is earth, a very cruel one... we cant change others, but we can change our reaction to them... when they see the other person isnt even touched, they wont bother because what would the point be?
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=13;threadid=2675;start=0#msg41332 date=1130677209]
    well of course hurting people and making them feel bad is wrong, but this is earth, a very cruel one... we cant change others, but we can change our reaction to them... when they see the other person isnt even touched, they wont bother because what would the point be?

Wow, I think that is a great response, both Christ4Life and ServantOfJesus have great responses, I hope I can hear from the others, I just need to ask a question real quick, what do you do if your friends think that there fat, and then it becomes contigous like a sickness or disease that spreads, what do you do then? It just comes out of there mouth as it was like an answer!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • well then you need to have a nice long talk with them so that they can see that God couldn't care less about how she looks like... in fact, if we cared half as much what God thought of us as we do people, we would be saints...
  • Its ok to be fat if its healthy.
    However if you are too obese (in a way it is affecting your health) then you are sinning.
    Because, of course, you are mistreating the temple of the Holy Spirit ( which is you body) by overeating.
  • nice on but im fat lol ;D anways i had a bad time in my middle school but now im havin a great time you know why i respond with one thing i tell them u if u dont like how i look go tell god hes the one that made me
  • btw wat is 75 pounds? does ne1 no in kgs?
  • i tell them u if u dont like how i look go tell god hes the one that made me

that's a brilliant idea lol
  • Wow, well I pretty impressed on what everyone said, and I am very pleased on the advice you have given each and everyone, Please help me and help others, PLEASE!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Hello Coptic Servent,

Sorry I missed out on this ... I actually had so many bad times in the past because of other people's comments. But one day a good friend of mine advised me this ...

When it is raining ... we use umbrella,
    When it is cold ... we put on warm cloths,
    When it is hot ... we drink more liquids,

We do choose to do all these things because we can not change anything about it.

When people say annoying comments ... we choose to get annoyed. But if we treat them the same way as we treat the weather we will choose not to let these annoying comments to annoy us.

Coptic Servent and friends,

We do choose to do ... God loved us and gave us a free will.

Let's use it.

Thank you Lord for you have given us full freedom in you.

Love to you all,

Emad from Sydney
  • that was really good but we don't choose that people make fun of us for no reason..that point is confusing!
    idk...i have a boy in my school that the whole school makes fun of him because he have health problems(i don't wanna say)!!
    what can that boy do to let the whole school stop making fun of him?
    GBU
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=13;threadid=2675;start=0#msg42437 date=1131736702]
    btw wat is 75 pounds? does ne1 no in kgs?

1kg = 2.2 lbs

75 lb = x kg

75 = x

27 lbs = 34.090909090909090909090 kg

75 pounds is approximitely 34.1 kg.

• [quote author=Sydney link=board=13;threadid=2675;start=0#msg42464 date=1131790268]
    Hello Coptic Servent,

Sorry I missed out on this ... I actually had so many bad times in the past because of other people's comments. But one day a good friend of mine advised me this ...

When it is raining ... we use umbrella,
    When it is cold ... we put on warm cloths,
    When it is hot ... we drink more liquids,

We do choose to do all these things because we can not change anything about it.

When people say annoying comments ... we choose to get annoyed. But if we treat them the same way as we treat the weather we will choose not to let these annoying comments to annoy us.

Coptic Servent and friends,

We do choose to do ... God loved us and gave us a free will.

Let's use it.

Thank you Lord for you have given us full freedom in you.

Love to you all,

Emad from Sydney

[quote author=sandrahanna link=board=13;threadid=2675;start=0#msg42468 date=1131810399]
    that was really good but we don't choose that people make fun of us for no reason..that point is confusing!
    idk...i have a boy in my school that the whole school makes fun of him because he have health problems(i don't wanna say)!!
    what can that boy do to let the whole school stop making fun of him?
    GBU

You made a great point to this Sydney, and btw I have heard of this quote millions of times, and I think some of you also, it says "Sticks and stones, may break my bones but names will never hurt me" the meaning is very simple, you don't need to listen to what people say about you, you just need to believe in yourself, and if you don't believe in yourself your self-esteem will decrease, and Sandra, that boy should say the same quote that I have just typed, it is very strong, and one more thing, Satan has some power over you in he's like in your head, "maybe I am fat" that's what he wants you to think, but to tell you the truth, say this instead, "Go away SATAN, for you have no power over me" he might even trick you out of praying, just say that and you'll be fine!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • Genesis 1:26
    "And God said, let us make man in our image, after our likeness..."

We are the image of God. Our bodies are ideal this way, no matter what shape of form.

[move][sub]gj on previous comment Coptic Servant[/sub][/move]
  • i recently received an email that had the following 90/10 rule, read it and you will understnad, its a very insightful (and obvious) thing

(apologies for length, dont know how to make it a link)

Author: Stephen Convey

Discover the 90/10 Principle. It will change your life (at least the way you react to situations). What is this principle? 10% of life is made up of what happens to you. 90% of life is decided by how you react. What does this mean? We really have no control over 10% of what happens to us. We cannot stop the car from breaking down.

The plane will be late arriving, which throws our whole schedule off. A driver may cut us off in traffic. We have no control over this 10%. The other 90% is different. You determine the other 90%.

How? By your reaction. You cannot control a red light, but you can control your reaction. Don't let people fool you; YOU can control how you react.

Let's use an example!

You are eating breakfast with your family. Your daughter knocks over a cup of coffee onto your business shirt. You have no control over what just what happened. What happens next will be determined by how you react.

You curse. You harshly scold your daughter for knocking the cup over. She breaks down in tears. After scolding her, you turn to your spouse and criticize her for placing the cup too close to the edge of the table. A short verbal battle follows. You storm upstairs and change your shirt. Back downstairs, you find your daughter has been too busy crying to finish breakfast and get ready for school. She misses the bus. Your spouse must leave immediately for work. You rush to the car and drive your daughter to school. Because you are late, you drive 40 miles an hour in a 30 mph speed limit. After a 15-minute delay and throwing $60 traffic fine away, you arrive at school. Your daughter runs into the building without saying goodbye. After arriving at the office 20 minutes late, you find you forgot your briefcase. Your day has started terrible. As it continues, it seems to get worse and worse. You look forward to coming home, When you arrive home, you find small wedge in your relationship with your spouse and daughter.

Why? Because of how you reacted in the morning. Why did you have a bad day?

A) Did the coffee cause it?

B) Did your daughter cause it?

C) Did the policeman cause it?

D) Did you cause it?

The answer is D. You had no control over what happened with the coffee.

How you reacted in those 5 seconds is what caused your bad day. Here is what could have and should have happened. Coffee splashes over you. Your daughter is about to cry. You gently say, "It's ok honey, you just need, to be more careful next time". Grabbing a towel you rush upstairs. After grabbing a new shirt and your briefcase, you come back down in time to look through the window and see your child getting on the bus. She turns and waves. You arrive 5 minutes early and cheerfully greet the staff. Your boss comments on how good the day you are having.

Notice the difference? Two different scenarios. Both started the same. Both ended different. Why? Because of how you REACTED. You really do not have any control over 10% of what happens. The other 90% was determined by your reaction.

Here are some ways to apply the 90/10 principle.

If someone says something negative about you, don't be a sponge. Let the attack roll off like water on glass. You don't have to let the negative comment affect you! React properly and it will not ruin your day. A wrong reaction could result in losing a friend, being fired, getting stressed out etc.

How do you react if someone cuts you off in traffic? Do you lose your temper? Pound on the steering wheel? A friend of mine had the steering wheel fall off. Do you curse? Does your blood pressure skyrocket? Do you try and bump them? WHO CARES if you arrive ten seconds later at work? Why let the cars ruin your drive? Remember the 90/10 principle, and do not worry about it.

You are told you lost your job. Why lose sleep and get irritated? It will work out. Use your worrying energy and time into finding another job.

The plane is late; it is going to mangle your schedule for the day. Why take out your frustration on the flight attendant? She has no control over what is going on. Use your time to study, get to know the other passenger. Why get stressed out? It will just make things worse. Now you know the 90-10 principle. Apply it and you will be amazed at the results. You will lose nothing if you try it.

The 90-10 principle is incredible. Very few know and apply this principle.

The result? Millions of people are suffering from undeserved stress, trials, problems and heartache. There never seem to be a success in life. Bad days follow bad days. Terrible things seem to be constantly happening. There is constant stress, lack of joy, and broken relationships. Worry consumes time. Anger breaks friendships and life seems dreary and is not enjoyed to the fullest. Friends are lost. Life is a bore and often seems cruel. Does this describe you? If so, do not be discouraged.

You can be different! Understand and apply the 90/10 principle. It will change your life.