something 'suitable' plz HELP!!!

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
hello everyone!

i was trying to set like sunday school (a lil one) for children between like 3-6 so does any1 have a good idea what can be suitable for them it actually can be anything:

songs
short story of the season
activities

please if you can help me that would be great

and i think any little help will be GREAT really because we all know that things we've learned at that age are STILL in our memories :)

"there's a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven" Ecclesiastes

Comments

• um.. u can teach small hymns or responses to the guys epi eproseve stasi te... prosevexate.. stathi te... umm... amen alleluia doxa patri (end of service hymn)... how to say our father in coptic (Je peniot)
  • good idea.. the burnin bush is good.. umm did u try pekethronos.. theyll have a few months to learn it ;D
  • i know, i guess the deacons here know it, but most of us are girls.... ::)lol....jk
  • Songs

english

-as Marmar said "o be careful little eyes" is a good 1 for that age,
    - "carry the fruits of the spirit"
    -When the spirit of the Lord moves in my heart
    -Jesus Christ, our Lord, Savior of my soul; Let my thoughts be your thoughts That is all in all.
    -Lord I lift your name on high

arabic
    -"ihna genood we yaso3na ka2idna"
    -"ana 3asfoor fe ilsama ba teer"
    -"ism habeebak eh, ism habeebee yasoo3..."

activities, really vary depending on the lesson,
    but you could always have coloring pages for them at that age, if you could draw a saint picture, or find any clipart related and print it for them.
    or you can have them act out the lesson themselves in the end
    or some other ex of activities;
    if it is about the wedding of cana of galilee, u can get a cup of water, and a red marker/dye, and show them how the water turned into wine,
    if it is about the cross feast, what u could do in your sunday school class a treasure hunt, like crumple up many pieces of paper before class starts, get 3 crosses, and hide them within the pile of paper, and make the kids search for the 3 crosses, because the cross of Christ, when St. Helena went to look for it was under a huge pile of garbage, then after they find the crosses you can explain the rest of the story to them
  • wow princessmary ! ;D
    very inventive lol
    that sounds like it would be a lot of fun

also, u can teach them coptic alphabet so when they're older they could learn the language
  • help, i don't know any english lil songs 4 children i only know adult 1s so 'be careful o lil eyes' is good i recognise this but i know it in arabic so can saome1 send me the text plz?

and children here at my church can't be bothered learning any coptic at all, i bit english will be a miracle really

and so the stories i don't have the talent of telling stories in an interesting way so can any1 give me an idea plz?

i feel sooo weak and also responsible 2 do something they don't know anything apart from : ressurection & Christmas?

so plz plz pleaszzz if u can help tell me!
  • guys stick to the age limit 3-6. the most things any child would love is craft, craft, craft and more craft- anything that will get their hands dirty lol so find something crafty thats religious. theres tons of stuff
  • guys stick to the age limit 3-6. the most things any child would love is craft, craft, craft and more craft- anything that will get their hands dirty lol so find something crafty thats religious. theres tons of stuff

EXACTLY but wat?

awww, why not coptic?
    teach them, give them the oppertunity, encourage them, the older ones..

they R coptic but even the older are LAZYYY
    i don't know wat can i do when also they i think 'laugh at me'?
  • try to be creative....with the lesson if u can..and try to do a related activity

-if the lesson is about love, loving one another, cut out hearts for them from colored construction paper, let them color 1 heart for every person in their family, help them write each persons name on each heart, since they probably cant write, and then they can give them to their parents or brothers and sisters
    - u can have like an all saints day, where each kid picks their favorite saint, dresses like them, like if they have a black galebeya they can use it for a monk, a red cape for mar mina, etc, and then they could each take turns to say something they know about the saint they chose
    -for a young age as that, believe it or not, it is, in my opinion, the hardest age to teach, because u really have to go down to their level, so that they can get the point across, try to act funny, even though it may seem silly to u, but they tend to only remember funny things....

good luck.......be thankful u dont have my sunday school class, u go to sunday school with low blood pressure, by the end of class, your blood pressure is extremely high >:(
  • It is easier to learn the coptic alphabet, when you are 1-3 years old at least 1 letter at a time, and my church we had to learn it when we were 6 or 7 and we were completely lost, so it's easier to learn it when you are younger, so you can grow up to know how to say it, I would recommend, not the burning bush, because the song is long, and has big words, maybe you can teach them the song, "before our hands" beautiful song, we learned that at church camp, it's an easy, and well-known, and beautiful song, you can teach it to them, both english and arabic which one is easier for them, well, good luck mnc_hnn and God bless you!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • yea..i dont know if u know it or not, but there is a song for the coptic alphabet, which makes it a lot easier for them to memorize

-also this would be very helpful for them at that age, if u have any tape, in your church library or at your house, that has bible verses, but they are in songs, like they made songs out of bible verses, they would really like it and it would get them to memorize some verses a lot easier

-also try to make sunday school notebooks for them, even though they can barely read, u could at least have for them a saint picture with a bible verse or something, i dont know about your kids, but most little kids in my church are obsessed with notebooks and really like them, it makes them feel like they r "big kids", so it is something that they really treasure and bring with them every sunday, and keep for many years later......
  • be thankful u dont have my sunday school class, u go to sunday school with low blood pressure, by the end of class, your blood pressure is extremely high >:(

omg!!!

u r funny lol

i'll try but the most Important thing is your prayers you lot plz keep me and me church in your prayers!

maybe you can teach them the song, "before our hands" beautiful song, we learned that at church camp, it's an easy, and well-known

well, i don't know it so plz sent any simple songs that u know and any ideas that might be useful!

GBU all!!
    [move]
    :) :) :)[/move]