Favorite Saint Chain

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
I know we have lots of threads on this, but for this one, can we say our Favorite Saint, and why they are your favorite, and if they inspired or made your better or changed you in a good way, how, and what made you realize that they were your favorite saint/s?

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• I know we have lots of threads on this, but for this one, can we say our Favorite Saint

St. Mary is my favorite saint

and why they are your favorite

Because my name is Mary, after st. Mary, and I think St. Mary is a very great person, she was so humble and so quiet, even though she spoke few words, yet we learn a lot from her. She was very peaceful, she filled her heart with God's peace, and even though she went through a lot of sufferings, giving birth in a manger, seeing her only Son being crucified...etc, yet she stayed quiet and accepted that, and didnot complain.

and if they inspired or made your better or changed you in a good way, how,

I'm sure St. Mary has inspired all people, she is wonderful, whenever you need anything and call her name and ask her to intercede for you, she always answers, and answers quickly, she is always there for her children. She appeared to so many people all over the world, she did many miracles to many, both believers and non-believers as well.

She definetly inspires me in my life, and I wish to be like her, I wish that I would be as quiet, gentle, and humble as her, however that hasnt happened, i am quiet but i dunno about the rest of the virtues ;D :(

• [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=11;threadid=2526;start=0#msg39411 date=1127694529]
    OMG, too many to count, I love all the saints..
    of course St. Mary is above all the saints, shes even above all the angels n the Cherubim n Serafim

but my favorite is St. Marina the ascetic, i was named after her, n I feel connected to her..
    n i love her story...
    she was awesome..
    but then again, i love a lot of other saints, it not fair not to mention all of them..
    I love Anba Wanas, St. Stephen, n so much more..

Amen! Especially St. Mary and St. Marina the Ascetic. And then you have John the Baptist, St. John, St. Peter, St. Paul, St. Athanasius the Apostolic, omg they are too many to list! They are all so beautiful and amazing, the way their faith could never be moved even a little bit...
  • Theres too many to name lol
    Of course saint mary, then my next top three are St. Athanasius, St. Peter of course ;) lol, and St. George.

-Pete
  • You forgot St. Paul! Preacher of the Gentiles...
  • Can I have more people to contribute and join the chain here, please and thank you! Thank you PrincessMary, MarMar91, Christ4Life, and CopticPete for trying to start this chain!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • well i dont have a favorite saint but like hermits and "sowah". i know a guy at my church , he walked in once and he saw like an abouna praying (he didnt noe him) so he thoguth he was just comin over to visit, and he was praying in a way like lifting his hands up and stuff and then when this "priest" saw the guy he ran inside the alter sooooo quick. and then he was just wondering how come he did that, so he came in and wanted to take a blessing from and and then he entered the alter and..................................................
    there was no one there.
  • ooo, my god that is so amazing... wow...
  • ya, that type of stuff happens at our church alot too.
    We have 2 churches in the building, so one day after tasbeha, everyone was out of the church, and it was only a few people, and abouna all in one room, as they were about to leave, they armed the security system, and it said that there was no movement in any room except that one, then suddenly they started hearing tasbeha, and soon even with the cymbals and everything, and it was commin from the 4th floor (where the second altar is), and it was as clear as anything that there was a large group of people up there, but the alarm said nothing, and abouna for some reason wouldnt even wanna talk about it at all, even though everyone there knew there had to be something going on, they were sewah (anachorites). Its really cool though knowing that you really are never alone.
    im kinda sad that i couldnt experience it first hand :-\
    oops sorry to get off topic lol

-Pete
  • this happened in bergen??? :o

which abouna?
  • yo copticpete u go to bergen no way. i used to go there. i visit alot, right back cause if u go ther e i need to ask u something, u guys have abouna dawoud and soriel right?
    dave
  • bergen has Abouna Dawood and Abouna Sorial, yes....
  • but does any one attend the church there??
  • I used to, but then i moved to bayonne...
  • i love abouna thomas...he is the best...!! :D