long nisherobim

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
whats that hymn we say on feast days... instead of the normal ni sherobim... we say a long version of it.. what is it called and wher can i find it?

Comments

• pffff....i don't know wat is 'ni sherobem' :-\ what does it mean!
  • found it... thanks.. but i was wondering... anyone no where ican get "of all nations"
  • but hey wat does ni sherobim mean?
  • monica sherobim is a highier level of angels around gods throun!i think!
  • ya i dont like that of all nations... is there another...

Sandra. What are you talking about?!!?

Mnc... Ni Sherobim is aresponse during the liturgy we say...
  • U probably mean the Aspasmos Watos instead of the long NiSherobim, there's a different Aspasmos Watos for the feasts/fasts and a couple of annual ones. The one mostly known is "Eijohal Rab" which is the first annual one.
  • [quote author=Nahda#1 link=board=2;threadid=2457;start=0#msg38364 date=1126469705]
    ya i dont like that of all nations... is there another...

Sandra. What are you talking about?!!?

Mnc... Ni Sherobim is aresponse during the liturgy we say...

she was asking about the maening of the world!!
  • wat r u talkin about
  • The hymn we say instead of Ni Sherobim is the Aspasmos. There is an Aspasmos Adam for Adam days and an Aspasmos Batos for Batos days. The one we usually say on Sundays starts with "O Lord of hosts." The annual Aspasmos Adam starts with "Rejoice O Mary."

You can listen them both at:
    http://www.suscopts.org/deacons/hymns/audio/english/lit_hymns/

I hope that helps.
  • thanks bibo... but can anyone find me a different "of all nations" then the one here??
  • There is an Aspasmos Adam for Adam days and an Aspasmos Batos for Batos days.

actually no, lol
    uhm, Adam and Watos refer to either the tune or the specific days of the week, or both.
    In the case of the Aspasmos it doesnt matter which day it is, u can chant both the Aspasmos Adam or/and Watos. It only refers to the tune: ie Adam is the "Rejoice O Mary tune" and Watos is the "O Lord of Hosts tune".