Communicate with the dead?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Is it possible for someone dead to communicate with those that are alive? When I see the saint movies they do sometimes appear to someone and talk to them but I mean like write things to them? See I used to know this girl and her dad was dead and she said after he passed away he used to write her notes. Is that even possible?

Comments

• wow! well u can talk to saints like pope kyrollos. but i dont think its possible for a dead person to write a note to you. then again wat do i know lol
    wat are the specifics of your friend's situation?
  • lol... there really are no specifics. she just after her dad passed away for a while they used to write notes to each other and after a while it stopped.

*She is not my friend (1 of those ppl you don't want to be friends with and you can't change either), I'm just using her as an example.
  • no it is just in old movies!
  • [quote author=sandrahanna link=board=11;threadid=2390;start=0#msg36719 date=1125588510]
    no it is just in old movies!

never saw that in a movie.....
  • do you have arabic channel?lol...they always talk with their died people!!thats why i don't like it!there is nothing real!
  • i have at least 10 arabic channels, never saw them speak to the dead....
  • so.........i don't know!!
  • I heard a story about someones uncle I can't remember who said...there uncle was in the army and so the uncle took the dead guy on his shoulder and the dead guy kicked him like I mean literally kicked him...I don't know if it's true though!!!!!!!!!!
  • :o ::)?are you series?i don't thing there is something like ghosts!!!maybe you guys watch scifi alot!! :-\
  • no this guy was dead, buried and maybe even decomposed... so he was only spirit...
  • just be careful wat u believe. egyptian gossip is like flatout lying after a certain point lol (sorry to put it that way but u'll find its true) ;D
  • People who passed away can appear in dreams and such and it happened a lot with many people...that's the only way that people on earth could have a closure and know that their loved ones are in a much happier place now and that they would happy for them, and not weeping about it over and over again. It's kinda of a communication things, they can see us and they can see how we are, but we really can't experience anything from them, exept for them appearing in dreams and so on. Notes...I kinda doubt that because I don't think they like can leave material things...like write on paper or leave something or whatever...but they can leave emotional closure...so I kinda doubt that...but like someone said...what do we know...it might as well be true and a great blessing for that kid because she still communicated with her dad.
  • nothing wrong with the notes... st. George signed a few things before... and there are many saints that left material things here... like abouna abd el massih el manahry... he left his scarf...
    Don’t disbelieve... believe the believable... but don forget that girl could just be weird! and imagined everything... Mostly it depends on how she said it... and how she reacted to it...
  • With God, anything is possible..it can happen. There's that guy (I forget the name but he's still alive) that speaks to St. George and in a lecture once, there was a huge light on top of him and he reached his hand for it and grabbed a cross. Apparently, St. George was giving it to him..he now has that cross framed and it pours oil at times so he gives the oil out to people..
  • the dead r like angels {nearly} not sure! but what i'm sure about is: like angels and 'satan' who was one of them satan himself CAN'T WRITE SOMETHING ON PAPER OR DO PHYSICAL THINGS and i asked some ppl about that be4 so i don't believe that girl u talked about may be cos she really missed her dad or she was too young and she just imagined it.
    about saints they left things be4 they died and these sorts of things are alright!

pray4me
  • about saints they left things be4 they died and these sorts of things are alright!

yup..i would have to agree...they are saints...that's the main difference....so unless her dad was a saint...then ya he would have left those...other than that...it just doesn't make that much sense...
  • we are all saints...
  • i guess in some way, because we are all children of Christ. but the TRUE saints are ppl like Anba Bishoy, St. Demiana, Pope Kyrollos, they were on a COMPLETE different spiritual level.
  • if you want to get into that... pope kyrillos is not offically a saint... just a dead person... but rather... everyone who is in heaven is a saint.
  • no one is in heaven yet it's paradise...and pope kyrillos was a bishop before he officially became pope kyrillos...and he's not dead in arabic it's called etnahia
  • yes, and even though he is not officially a saint he is in my eyes.
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=11;threadid=2390;start=15#msg37222 date=1125779295]
    yes, and even though he is not officially a saint he is in my eyes.

he is... and the word etnyeh is used for all the dead... all who are in Heaven or Paradise whatever you want to call it... are SAINTS...