about prayers, Agpeya& Psalms!!

2»

Comments

• Hello to you all nice sisters and brothers,

why pray using the Psalms?
    why pray using Agbyia?
    etc
    lead us to this important question: how should one pray an accepted deep prayer that reaches God's heart and give you good spiritual life startup?

this is a link to download an explanation sermon by Anba Bakhomius made in St Marcus Church in Heliopokis during this last St Virgin Mary Nahda
    St Marcus Church (Egypt) Homepage:http://www.stmarkoschurch.com/
    (also known as Cleopatra Church (the street)">http://www.stmarkoschurch.com/Audio/632598442015151250.mp3
    St Marcus Church (Egypt) Homepage:http://www.stmarkoschurch.com/
    (also known as Cleopatra Church (the street)

it's a clear live recording put online for the benefit of anybody (after it was broadcast online during last Nahda). It's in arabic so if you understand it please translate it possibly live to an interested group gathered to listen, it's an excellent sermon about praying.

I found great Hymns here on your beautiful site, well categorized with excellent recording and conversions, thank you and congratulations!

A nice way to pray using Agbyia does not mean read all the 1st time but may be done by including a bit more of Psalms everyday in your prayer, you can start by reading 3 Psalms for instance but I don't mean here to omit all the rest of the hourly prayers! Gradually training yourselves is the key.

(mention me in your prayers)
  • Abouna told me that when you pray to God you need to talk to him in his language. Since the Bible is written by the Holy Spirit, it is his language. And especially Psalms, they are praise to God, so what better to use in prayer?
  • god created u speak with him any language u want!
  • dude god created u speak with him any language u want!

hey, she (i think) was just saying that when u pray the psalms u get to know the spiritual language to use when u pray so it's like giving u some information and knowledge {for us that we don't know how to pray from the depths}
  • Sandra I dont mean the literal word of language. I mean the [glow=red,2,300]spiritual language[/glow] language of Christ, for the Psalms can be read in English, Arabic, French, or Spanish, can you not?
  • About prayign before sleeping... Abouna said once it is better to leave the time before sleep to pray from your heart with your own words and to Pray using the Agbeya at a set time like 7:00. He said that cos often when u come to pray from the Agbeya just before sleeping u get tired and lazy... and then dont pray the psalms.
  • i find a BIGGER problem every day in praying 1st i like prayed 3 psalms then it went to 2 ps. then to 1!!! and now i don't wanna pray any psalms at all!!! i've NO idea wat 2 do? ::) :-\
  • My confession father said this about reading the Bible, but I guess it can be applied here as well. He said that its not how much you read but [glow=red,2,300]how[/glow] you read. Like, you can read on forever but feel you gained nothing, yet read one verse and feel you gained tons of information. So it all depends on you. If you read and your eyes are at the ceiling, if you read the whole Bible it doesn't count. So I say just read intently and with concentration, and the rest will come later.

Hope I helped :) ;)
  • yea a bit! ::)
  • Oops sry I missed that part about you not wanting to read at all. I guess you talk to your FOC about that? ???
  • i will but, it's NOT WORKINGGGGG! :-\
  • You know...a lot of youth in my church have had an issue with praying from the agpeya, and, i remember my priest adressing this issue.

He told us that, basically, the agpeya puts into our mouths the words that we cannot express to God. Sometimes we need a bit of revival in our prayers because our prayers become geared towards fulfilling our needs, they become dull, and they dont have any opportunities for spiritual growth in our lives. So, sometimes its a good means for us to pray to God through the agpeya because the agpeya allows you to break free from your "comfort" level in prayer and it gives your prayer a little more meaning; more depth to what you're really asking God

Ofcourse, prayer and reading the Bible must start as habits, otherwise your never going to use them. Once you take the initiative to actually read/pray from the two, your initiative turns into an appreciation, that appreciation turns into a liking...in the end, your liking makes you passionate for prayer and reading the bible

...its all about giving God opportunities to enter your life