English article on unifying the date of the feast of the Resurrection and the fast of the apostles

Dear all,

Here is (at last) my English translation to the article of unification of the date of the feast of Resurrection and suggestions to change the apostles fast. Awaiting your opinions.

Thanks to everyone who keeps encouraging me - and yes, I am hoping that one day (I do promise) I will get to focus on English video work. The editing, especially for Arabic videos takes such a long time. I still have 3 Arabic projects left, or 4, but then I will be able to focus on the English translations. Hopefully with the material I already have they won't take that long to edit, and they are in English, I am keeping my fingers crossed I can start focusing on this task by the beginning of next year. I just need your prayers..

Oujai qen p[c

Comments

• yay! you used the word 'epact' which helps us to read around the subject, thanks, bro!
    :) 
  • Thanks to your advice of course @mabsoota..
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ ⲡϭⲥ
  • Wonderful article- thanks for sharing!
    Re: fixing the date to the 1st of July, it seems that the date was chosen arbitrarily- as you said, it doesn’t even meet the symbolic 12 days! I think the arrival of the relics of St. Mark to Egypt could be a fitting start date, both in regards to fast length (fixing it a little shorter than it is this year) and symbolism (just as the Church’s birthday is Pentecost, St. Mark’s coming to Egypt is the birth of our Coptic Church, etc). This is assuming that the date will or should be moved of course
  • Thanks @Daniel_Kyrillos for your nice words - equally importantly for me if not even more importantly I need prayers of a great person like you.
    I personally do not agree to changing the length of the apostles fast at all or indeed the Apokty calculation, or else we are to be considered disloyal and untrustworthy.
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ ⲡϭⲥ