I need some advice

Hey Fellas, 

I am not a Copt, nor do I speak Arabic. I am just a Latin American Millenial living in Ohio and going to college. I've been a Christian since I was 8 and was raised in a very Christian-oriented family. My parents personally, and literally saw Jesus heal my father of a terminal illness. I used the name of Jesus to immediately relieve me of Voodoo attack, humbling stories for another time, just wanted to begin by saying that Christ is my life. He is my rock and my shield...which leads me to the Coptic Church.

I am a non-denominational Christian and have been searching for a home. I stumbled upon Fr. Lazural El-Antony's video on YouTube six months ago and have been in love with the Coptic Church ever since. The problem is, is that I am kind of nervous about approaching the local Coptic church here in central Ohio.

I don't speak Copt or Arabic and am worried that I would stick out like a sore thumb during their service. I also want to make friends but don't know if Coptic College students would accept me as I am not Middle-Eastern? Or even if there are any college-aged students at the church. What should I do? any Converts on here? 

With wanting to join the Coptic Church, I feel like I am back in high school;  where I know a girl likes me, but I am too chicken to ask her to prom even though I like her too and then I'll just end up regretting not asking her as I stay home the night of the big dance. 

The point is, where do I start? Should I just "jump in?" 

Comments

• edited April 2017
    Jathniel,

I am also non-Egyptian and don't speak Arabic well in the least and am a convert from the Catholic church.

I would be happy to help you as someone who has been in your shoes before. Father Lazarus is an amazing form of evangelization for our church, he helped me to convert as well.

Also, there is an American-born Coptic Priest who sticks out like a sore thumb that serves at a church in Columbus. The point of the church is not only to serve Egyptians, but to evangelize to Americans as well. Please get a hold of me through a private message at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you and helping you as much as possible.