Are Moallems spiritual people??

guy
edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hello, my fellow brothers and sisters.
I wanted to open up this forum, because i think it's a serious problem at our church (yes, i can be guility of it to). Can a deacon who is a moallem be a spiritual person? I say this because what probably drives a deacon to wake up early in the morning and come to church, is because he gets to be a moallem and say the hymns he wishes to say, as well as solos in hietniats. Where as some random taunt or a random guy come early to liturgy and don't have much of a leadership in the church service.

Any thoughts what do you guys think? What makes a good moallem?

This post is not targeted to certain people, rather its something commonly found

Comments

• Hi i started this topic a while back, and i would like to hear some feedback.
  • I believe that a good moallem is one that prays, not just sings the hymns, but prays with it

God Bless
  • I think you should not think judgmental thoughts concerning our church servants. Surely all people suffer from moments of pride and vanity but let us not dwell on the mistakes of others but let us try to cover them up instead of expose them. It is just not an edifying question...

here are verses you should take into consideration:

Philippians 4:8
    Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Luke 6:42
    How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me take out the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the log that is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take out the speck that is in your brother's eye.

1 Thessalonians 4:11
    And to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you,

• ^ I agree :D

Apart from the picking out of peoples vaults (which I believe is wrong too), we could post constructive points for others to meditate on. Not from a judgmental point of view but from a "brother to brother" perspective. I should be probably be the last person to post on this thread, but seeing as I get stuck with moments like this, I thought I might share some things I try to work on and answer his final question.
    [quote author=guy link=topic=14320.msg163707#msg163707 date=1362878241]
    What makes a good moallem?

Even though I'm not a moallem in any way, shape or form, just some Psaltos.
    And I  hope to find others posting here with any advice on this issue to better me and anyone else who has this issue.
    Please forgive me if my previous post came a long as a judgment. I hope I cleared my intentions up.

God Bless
  • Thankyou Amoussa01 for reminding me of this verse maybe I affected you and God reveal it to you to share it with me. I mean the verse below

1 Thessalonians 4:11
    And to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you,

I think it may mean I should not disturb others who trouble me due to my psychosis and and be quick to make a fool of myself and be a son of thunder for the slightest fault. That means we should not be trouble makers in society and noone should "hear his voice in the street" Matthew 12:19

• hello, dear chinese bot,
    i wish you success with your business!
  • Firstly, I think that OP has heard and read the verses in the bible on not judging a million times. That's not the answer to his question. It is totally normally to question something like this. Being a Christian doesn't mean sit in your own little hole, and don't speculate on anything. A lot of us have the wrong idea about "don't judge."

Secondly, I think you bring up a great point that many people are afraid to touch, but it's really a big problem in today's church and diaconate.

All church have someone who likes to show-off, sadly to say. And before someone is ordained and given the lead deacon or whatever, there should be more stipulations. Our church's hymns are really really beautiful. I'm sure all deacons and mo3alemeen can agree, but what is the reason we love these hymns so much?

Truly, these hymns can be very spiriutally uplifting, and times they can be emotionally uplfiting, and times they can be both. Many people have a hard time differentiating between them, and most of the time, unfortunately, it's only emotionally uplifting due to the beauty of the hymn. This is wrong because any other worldly song can do the same. You have to ask yourself what's the difference between what I'm feeling.

if you are a mo3alem, i think it's very important to understand how to balance the rites and structure of the church, while still remaining spiritual. If you are a good mo3alem, I should be able to hear your faith in your chanting. Truly, there are many deacons who stand up there, and if they mess up the slightest bit, or if their voice cracks or something, they'll feel embarrassed and ashamed. Or maybe, they will say a hymn that no one else knows, and feel soo proud of themselves for not messing up, and give themselves a pat on the back. Truly, you are looking at how the people look at you, rather than God.

You have to ask yourself, what is your real goal? Is my goal prayer or saying the hymn nicely? Unfortuantely, many people (Egyptians) can't differentiate. I can go up there, and say a hymn that no one else knows, and truly feel like I'm praying, and the people will say "look at this show-off"

In the end, you have to ask yourself what is my goal? WHY am I up here dressed singing this hymn? Developing ONE clear goal in life will answer every question you have.

Pray for me.
  • [quote author=peter_saad link=topic=14320.msg166003#msg166003 date=1379453511]
    Truly, these hymns can be very spiriutally uplifting, and times they can be emotionally uplfiting, and times they can be both. Many people have a hard time differentiating between them, and most of the time, unfortunately, it's only emotionally uplifting due to the beauty of the hymn. This is wrong because any other worldly song can do the same. You have to ask yourself what's the difference between what I'm feeling.

if you are a mo3alem, i think it's very important to understand how to balance the rites and structure of the church, while still remaining spiritual. If you are a good mo3alem, I should be able to hear your faith in your chanting. Truly, there are many deacons who stand up there, and if they mess up the slightest bit, or if their voice cracks or something, they'll feel embarrassed and ashamed. Or maybe, they will say a hymn that no one else knows, and feel soo proud of themselves for not messing up, and give themselves a pat on the back. Truly, you are looking at how the people look at you, rather than God.

You have to ask yourself, what is your real goal? Is my goal prayer or saying the hymn nicely? Unfortuantely, many people (Egyptians) can't differentiate. I can go up there, and say a hymn that no one else knows, and truly feel like I'm praying, and the people will say "look at this show-off"

In the end, you have to ask yourself what is my goal? WHY am I up here dressed singing this hymn? Developing ONE clear goal in life will answer every question you have.

Pray for me.

AGREE!

God Bless
  • Can a deacon who is a moallem be a spiritual person?

no, he's just a tool! (no pun intended)

What makes a good moallem

a person who has a strong voice, who has correctly received the hymns from other moallems.

keep in mind they are just people, just as the priest is no more than a tool that God uses to lead the congregation, so is the lead deacon is a tool to lead people though the hymns.