Church and Family are contradictory

edited March 2012 in Personal Issues
My parents hate when I even dare to think I am not saved I don't think my dad even wants me to see my FOC
They think all spiritual thinking is just something which destroys my career and my image on their eyes but they are wrong
They don't understand that man lives by every word of God
They are so stubborn and filled with contempt I can not handle it but I made an appointment with my foc

I seek to glorify God by my life and not be ashamed when I look into all his commandment

It's like they seriously hate me because I am not just being a slave pleasing them without being allowed to know the truth and ponder if I am ready to meet my Lord

Many people are wolves in sheep clothing not just them but everywhere

They pretend they are okay with me seeing my FOC but they really hate my thoughts and want to condemn me for it humiliate and ridicule and hurt me for it

Comments

• Nevermind. Please delete.
  • lol ya habibi ya lettuce I do not have that authority but Father Peter does
  • delete please
  • I don't know what we should do
    Thanks for your reply though
  • delete please
  • God knows all yr pain and yr struggles.
    keep telling Him how things are and praise Him for He loves us so much that He wants to have a relationship with us. pray from the agpeya and take advice from abouna.
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=13038.msg153171#msg153171 date=1331992737]
    God knows all yr pain and yr struggles.
    keep telling Him how things are and praise Him for He loves us so much that He wants to have a relationship with us. pray from the agpeya and take advice from abouna.

You can't just ask God to help you and wait and just keep praying hard and asking God. One has to  work to achieve anything. I despise any negative stance towards direct independent work because I'm the type of person who does not advocate frequent and long breaks and who advocates hard work by all parties. My advice won't be taken so I will delete it all.

@Mabsoota: I don't mean any disrespect towards you. My point is it seems as if my response and advice was anti-christian, horrible, and useless.
  • Khas your advice was very good. Spoken like a champion. Mabsoota's advice was an add on just to help me more because the problem is a long one which needs continuous support from abouna or others
  • The problem is I am worried that if I do not erneastly seek balance in my life I am to be blamed for not finding the narrow way

BTW My iphone always has me signed into tasbeha.org and I do not sign out but that doesn't mean I am always using it
  • khas, i wrote my thing as u were writing yrs. i did not read yr post, so was not responding to it.
    i just wanted to encourage u both that even though life is hard sometimes, we can be successful in our relationship with God.
    i agree God wants us to work and study as well.
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=13038.msg153175#msg153175 date=1331997299]
    khas, i wrote my thing as u were writing yrs. i did not read yr post, so was not responding to it.
    i just wanted to encourage u both that even though life is hard sometimes, we can be successful in our relationship with God.
    i agree God wants us to work and study as well.

I recommend you go eat a nice salad with khas in it. Put some salad dressing or vinegar and enjoy.
  • [quote author=user157 link=topic=13038.msg153174#msg153174 date=1331994326]
    The problem is I am worried that if I do not erneastly seek balance in my life I am to be blamed for not finding the narrow way

BTW My iphone always has me signed into tasbeha.org and I do not sign out but that doesn't mean I am always using it

Lol, phone users. I don't have a phone and hope to never have one, lol. Parents will force me to get one anyways... T
  • I am assuming you are old enough (over 16). You are not obliged to discuss your spiritual life with your parents unless you have some sort of curfew and they need to know where you go, what you do etc.

It is a different matter if you do want to discuss and convince them to see life from your point of view.

If you are having a difficult time right now, it is better not to open the subjects with your parents because an argument could easily escalate.

good luck with life
  • True. However when I mentioned to dad I was going to see Abouna
    I had to tell him why because if I fail in my studies or in life he should know my spirituality is not to blame
    There are wolves in my church which would like to make me obsessed so I fail in my studies and in life and my own family is an enemy ecause they are at the other end of the extreme

David says who do I have but You?

But they are right that sometimes I am reading the bible and praying too much

People are just lukewarm and do not like to have mercy

I forgive all because they are blind and do not want to examine their own life
    they do not want to consider that I could be right  because they are honestly worried that I am too excessive because I am a bit different to other people

• [quote author=user157 link=topic=13038.msg153284#msg153284 date=1332134063]
    True. However when I mentioned to dad I was going to see Abouna
    I had to tell him why because if I fail in my studies or in life he should know my spirituality is not to blame
    There are wolves in my church which would like to make me obsessed so I fail in my studies and in life and my own family is an enemy ecause they are at the other end of the extreme

they do not want to consider that I could be right  because they are honestly worried that I am too excessive because I am a bit different to other people

What can you do, man? That's life, it's tough.
  • [quote author=user157 link=topic=13038.msg153284#msg153284 date=1332134063]
    True. However when I mentioned to dad I was going to see Abouna

This should not stop you from seeing Abouna.  He will let you know if you are reading the bible and praying too much.  And if he doesn't... Just ask him!

• This should not stop you from seeing Abouna.  He will let you know if you are reading the bible and praying too much.  And if he doesn't... Just ask him!

Okay
    I already made the appointment
  • I feel bad for saying there are wolves in my church I don't know that it is just so many people criticise my choices and give unwanted advice
  • just ignore them.

I had a problem about 3 years a go and decided to never talk to people at church again. I was wrong, even though I know a lot of them are bad, I am so alone as I don't know anyone from my local church (since I moved cities) and am still unhappy.

So I think you would still be unhappy about something or another if these people aren't bothering you. It would just be something else. Life always has problems, they just vary.

I don't know your age (although it is not very important since your behaviour is more reflective of your maturity) but I am sensing that (maybe) you are too perfectionist? take it easy on yourself, we're only human. God is not going to leave you just because you are not praying/serving as much as the saints :)
  • A man without God is a man without success. Period. You need God in your life in order to succeed in anything that you do and to be happy along with that success.

In terms of your parents. Whoever says that you are not supposed to discuss with your parents your spiritual life this is wrong. However if your parents as you say are not on the same spiritual page as you are, then you need to get around it. So you need to meet with abouna yes, but show your parents that you are concentrating on your studies as well. Make both of them happy. And at the times when it seems as if you cant get on your knees and pray and let the creator of all take care of the things that you cant.

Pray for me