Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
cleaning the shoria/censer tips
Recently, there was a humorous post about cleaning the shoria...but now I actually NEED to clean a shoria so does anyone have any good tips? I just don't want to douse it with every toxic chemical I have at home fearing that it will melt or change colours. The gold has mostly tarnished off anyways. Besides, the type of incese that we use in the Coptic Orthodox church, called unofficially Coptic Frankincense (Boswellia frereana) leaves a sticky residue that other types of incense don't so it will be extra fun cleaning it :) Thanks in advance!

Comments
as I was told by my priest!
btw how long should I leave it it in the boiling water for?