Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
Disturbes during prayer
I usually pray around 9 pm when I'm not sleepy, but the problem is my family is usually not asleep by then so sometimes they'll interrupt me and walk into my room when I stop praying and pretend I was doing something else and it gets awkward... like today my parents came in the basement when I was in the middle of praying and it took me like 5 min to casually go upstairs with my agpeya and finish praying there.
What would you do in my case? I don't like migrating rooms :(
What would you do in my case? I don't like migrating rooms :(


Comments
Father Peter
You have two options: 1) Do as Fr. Peter suggests and confront your parents, or 2) Find somewhere else to pray (i.e. church, the park, etc.) I recommend the former because I have tried the latter and it didn't really work out well.
You have to get over this awkwardness. You might not want to show yourself being "spiritual" but you need to pray, just do it humbly. Tell your parents that during a certain time of the day you would like to remain undisturbed, unless it's an emergency.