Doing the right thing

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
IT seems everytime i do the right thing something goes wrong for. I was talking with this girl. and nothing was going on between. so sexual behaviors. we were just very close. no thoughts of sex or anything between us. There was a party i was invited to but instead i went to church because it was the right thing to do. She did stuff with a guy there and she doesnt talk to me anymore because she likes him more. why does this always happen? it isnt the first time this has happened. when will something work for my favor? im tired of thigns going the wrong way everytime. i always pray to God asking for it turn around but it doesnt. Thank you for reading this and please pray for me.

Comments

• I was in the same position as you, but you have to realise  that "everything works well for those who love the Lord". But if things do not work out our way, we get angry and frustrated and think that God has abandoned us. However we sometimes fail to see that God has a bigger plan, "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

God says ok; and gives you what you want
    He says wait; and gives you something better
    He says no; and gives you the BEST!

We sometimes look short term, and if things dont work out we think God is against us. Contrarily he always sustains us and guides us (providing we submit our will to him) and him plan might appear in the long term. Maybe God pulled u away form that girl, because he saw that she might draw you away from him or she might prevent you from going church, etc etc..

"Don't pray for an easy life, pray to be strong" - (I forgot the who said that)

And do not despair, because despair is of the devil. The devil makes us despair, and he says to us ''why do you keep praying, fasting and going to church, when God clearly does not care about you and has abandoned you... see he makes nothing work for you. Just go out and live your life''.
    Things will work out eventually, maybe not in the way u wanted or even the way you expected. I have learnt to let God do my planning, because i know his planning never fails (even though he planned everything before i was even born). At all times say 'let it be according to your will O Lord, and not according to ours'.

PLease remember me in your prayers.
  • First of all John, nothing should stop you from doing the right thing. This is the definition of leadership, doing the right thing no matter what. Also, a girl who goes around sleeping with people isn't the kind of girl you want to be around. Trust me, keep your purity safe, it's a good thing she doesn't talk to you. Also, pray a lot that God will make things clear.