Howdy, Stranger!
It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Categories
- All Categories 13.8K
- General Category 10.9K
- General Announcements 184
- Faith Issues 3.4K
- Coptic Orthodox Church 2.5K
- Personal Issues 1.4K
- Prayer Requests 426
- Random Issues 1.8K
- Introductions 295
- Non-Orthodox Inquiries 232
- Youth Corner 606
- Hymns 2.6K
- Hymns Discussion 2.6K
- Technicial Difficulties 368
- Technical Topics 368
Annoyances during prayer
What happens if you have an itch, or need to burp/expel gas (alone that is lol) when you pray? When I was young, I used to detach myself from my body when I prayed, but nowadays it seems I've become lazy when I pray and just go out of my way to do the smallest things whic become distracting... any opinions?


Comments
Personally, I think we should force ourselves and continue the prayer. It's against the devil's will, and once God sees us fighting, He'll make the huge distractions become very little and unnoticeable. When Tamav Eriny told her FOC about the snake that appeared when she prostrated, he told her to put her head on them and continue with the prostrations. The snakes (distractions), were gone with time.