anyone know how i can memorize the thanksgiving prayer in 2 days?

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
abouna wants me to know it by this wenesday and i had 2 weeks to memorize it but i slacked of and i have horrable memory

Comments

• [quote author=bigeee link=topic=7350.msg97288#msg97288 date=1226941607]
    abouna wants me to know it by this wenesday and i had 2 weeks to memorize it but i slacked of and i have horrable memory

easiest best prayer you can memorize. even in coptic.
  • read it over nd over again...dont slack

+mahraeel+
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=7350.msg97289#msg97289 date=1226942173]
    [quote author=bigeee link=topic=7350.msg97288#msg97288 date=1226941607]

Indeed...its the best in Coptic! =]
  • omg i was trying to log in to reply and i havent been on for ages so i kinda forgot my password and i thought omg im never gonna get it back lol.

when i learned the thanksgiving prayer i had to do it for religious studies in primary school in egypt. it was divided into 2 parts the first part was until "and have brought us to this hour"

take the first part..read it over and over. its especially more useful to repeat reading it just before you go to bed because you might find that when you wake up you're kinda of still saying it in your mind unconsciously. i dont guarantee you'll learn it in 2 days though but at least you'll know roughly half of it which is better than nothing.
    take care
  • nicely put!

ahah welcome back!

+mahraeel+
  • make notes or buy a study guide... jkz
  • Its so easy.

Split the prayer into small verses (about 1 or 2 lines max!)

Learn only 1 verse by heart.

Then learn the 2nd verse.

Then get a cassette recorder and tape yourself saying (or get someone else's voice) and then just play it again and again on your ipod.
  • [quote author=Severus link=topic=7350.msg97295#msg97295 date=1226952627]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=7350.msg97289#msg97289 date=1226942173]

Indeed...its the best in Coptic! =]

I would do it only in Coptic if I was 110% sure my FoC didnt understand Coptic. That way, if I made a mistake, it wouldnt make a difference cos he wouldnt understand it. But otherwise, 99% of priests know the thanksgiving prayer in Coptic off by heart. It is probably the most prayed prayer in the Coptic Church.

We say it in ALL occassions and in EVERY occassion.

• You all have really good ideas for memorizing.. but please remember this is the word of God.. we shouldnt be reading it really fast or trying to cram it in.. its ok if u let ur father of confession know that you simply didnt have enough time.. just keep reciting it... please dont treat this as a game, because its not. its good to memorize psalms and verses, but if its not done with understanding and faith then theres simply no point.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=7350.msg97289#msg97289 date=1226942173]

are you mocking us by saying even in coptic?  :P :P ;D
    i would love to learn it in coptic... is there like a whole Coptic Agpeya?
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=7350.msg97969#msg97969 date=1228521536]
    are you mocking us by saying even in coptic?  :P :P ;D
    i would love to learn it in coptic... is there like a whole Coptic Agpeya?

There probably is if you look for it haha but the thanksgiving prayer can be found in coptic in your liturgy books.