guys, i really need to right now

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Well, its my first year at uni, and things arent going too well. Ive only have 2 quizes so far in chemistry and i did horrible on both of them, but I studied soooo hard and prayed soooo hard. Yet for some reason, when test time comes i just cant perform, i feel so under pressure. I want to be a dentist so badly, but more importantly than even that, i want to know that I can do anything if I put my mind to it. Ive never had a problem with chemistry, in fact its always been my favourite subject, yet the Prof i have makes his quizes SOOOO difficult. I even checked out the quizes the other profs are giving of the same coarse and I was able to do them soo easily. I guess i was unlucky to get the hardest prof.

Guys im really scared, it seems like no matter how hard I try and how confident I am, and HOW MUCH I PRAY, God is not helping me and I dont know why. I really need your prayers, if i dont become a dentist it wont be that bad, but to know that I cant do something literally KILLS me. Today I had my 2nd quiz in chem and my first exam in pyschology both on the same day, and i was SOOOOO stressed. The chem quiz was in the morning and i was soooo confident, after I wrote it, i was soooo depressed and on top of that was worried because I didnt study enough for psychology because I didnt have enough time. I prayed soo much yesterday and asked the intercessions of St. Mary, Pope Kyrollos, St. Meena, St George, and St. Abanoub. And i think it helped, as I said, after writing my chem quiz I didnt even want to do anything else, I was jsut so sad and ashamed, and when I went into my psychology quiz, not only was I scared but starting to think SOO negatively. I was thinking God wont help me, theres no hope, im not smart enough to do any of this, and on TOP of that I have a bio exam this sunday. Anyways, we get 10 minutes into the Psychology exam and I actually feel like im doing pretty well, and than the fire alarm rings, the test is post poned to NEXT week thursay. I didnt think about it right away, but as I was walking home I jsut said to myself, finally God heard my prayers and gave me a break and some time to pray and study.

I have another Chem quiz coming up in 2 weeks, its a very difficult chapter, the problem with chemistry in my class is that even if you are able to answer every single qeustion in the text book (which I did), If you dont understand it 100%, youl fail.

Guys, i really need some advice, I usually do very well in the sciences and maths, I dunno if its just because this is my first year, but I thought that especially after failing the 1st quiz I had changed my study habbits and was going to get perfect on the this one. The thing about this quiz is that AFTER we handed it in, i was speaking to my friends "who also found it extremely difficult", and we talked about the questions on the quiz, and they were brining up things that i fully KNEW but for some reasons did do on the quiz, which literally costed my the entire mark.

Im sorry to bore you guys with all this, but i really believe that the more prayers I get the more willing God is to help, please prayy for me.

Comments

•      Why not consider meeting with the professor after class? Get to really know him and I'm certain that doing so will establish greater leeway into understanding the material presented on the tests. Furthermore, explain to him your situation as you have to us. Prehaps, by God's grace, a doorway will be opened for you. Moreover, don't forget, failure is a part of growth....and God desires for us to grow in our failures, even more than He does for us to relish in our sucess. God bless you
  • [quote author=gmankbadi link=topic=7254.msg96195#msg96195 date=1224814432]
         Why not consider meeting with the professor after class? Get to really know him and I'm certain that doing so will establish greater leeway into understanding the material presented on the tests. Furthermore, explain to him your situation as you have to us. Prehaps, by God's grace, a doorway will be opened for you. Moreover, don't forget, failure is a part of growth....and God desires for us to grow in our failures, even more than He does for us to relish in our sucess. God bless you

How will knowing the professor after class help him improve on his exam taking skills.

No my friend, I think the problem is that you know your stuff, you just need help in taking exams. That could associated with studying techniques/memory techniques etc.

I think a lot of students assume that because they've understood a subject, they can take an exam; but examinations aren't about knowledge, they are about how you can recall knowledge. Exams don't care about how well you know the intricacies of particle physics or lattice structures, or free radicals; not at all. Exams only care about how well you can recall material on free-radicals, particle physics, and lattice structures.

You may have a memory issue; not really an "understanding of Chemistry issue".