Hardening of Our Hearts

2»

Comments

• Hi Clay,

So, you are saying that it was in fact God's Grace that led the thief on the right hand of our Lord to repent??

So, why didn't God's Grace work in the heart of the other thief??

PLEASE PLEASE someone explain this.
    Thanks
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6837.msg92101#msg92101 date=1214977618]

Thanks

I think very simply the right thief was willing to be changed or at least acknowledge that He was a sinner and deserve the punishment while Christ didn’t. The key point is that he was willing and then God did the rest. I hope this helped

Plz Pray for me

• [quote author=SaintaMaria05 link=topic=6837.msg92102#msg92102 date=1214978574]
    [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6837.msg92101#msg92101 date=1214977618]

Thanks

I think very simply the right thief was willing to be changed or at least acknowledge that He was a sinner and deserve the punishment while Christ didn’t. The key point is that he was willing and then God did the rest. I hope this helped

Plz Pray for me

I don't know if a bishop or theologian would agree or not, but what you said makes perfect sense. Its also in accordance with what we've seen from numerous saints who lived a very unholy life and their will was only to know God, or who is God? So, God , as u said, did the rest.

(u know.. like St. Moses the Black).

So, its just will then? Someone has No will to know God, and someone else does?
  • God is not going to force any one to love him or worship him but if he sees that there is even a tiny bit of believe or will to know him He will direct you. Of course best example as you said and since we celebrating his feast is St. Moses. I did not read the whole post but I would like to add something: Pharaoh was already looking for a way to kill the Israelites that is why He orderd that every male child to be killed so he showed that he has no will or interest in God. According to the commentary of father Antonios Fekry God left pharaoh as he is heart hardened and didn’t soften it because he saw many wonders but never believed. Also it was a lesson for the Israelites so they can stop worshiping the idols.

Plz Pray for me
  • [quote author=SaintaMaria05 link=topic=6837.msg92108#msg92108 date=1214980380]
    God is not going to force any one to love him or worship him but if he sees that there is even a tiny bit of believe or will to know him He will direct you. Of course best example as you said and since we celebrating his feast is St. Moses. I did not read the whole post but I would like to add something: Pharaoh was already looking for a way to kill the Israelites that is why He orderd that every male child to be killed so he showed that he has no will or interest in God. According to the commentary of father Antonios Fekry God left pharaoh as he is heart hardened and didn’t soften it because he saw many wonders but never believed. Also it was a lesson for the Israelites so they can stop worshiping the idols.

Plz Pray for me

This topic has proved very beneficial to me personally. It has answered many many questions. I should have purchased the book by H.H on this.. but, what can I tell u, u only learn after its too late (i.e. when u are in a country with no coptic books).

Many thanks again SaintaMaria.