European Youth Conference 2008?

Comments

• [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=6588.msg87780#msg87780 date=1210875152]
    lol, I think so. I've seen plenty of married people. It's more the age that counts.
    There's a lot of supervisors who come as well, and their age ranges from 25 to 75, i'm sure ur not THAT old ;D

Wait up,
    That sounds great. I like the idea of being a supervisor. I truly believe in the servant-slave relationship. We are the servants.. and they are the people we serve (our slaves). I love serving others, and was looking for a position like this for ages.

Do i get my own office?

You think im kidding, but i went to a CHurch in Canada, and I can tell u, if u met the servants and were thinking or contemplating suicide, they'd have been the ones to push u off the edge.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6588.msg87869#msg87869 date=1210939105]
    [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=6588.msg87780#msg87780 date=1210875152]
    lol, I think so. I've seen plenty of married people. It's more the age that counts.
    There's a lot of supervisors who come as well, and their age ranges from 25 to 75, i'm sure ur not THAT old ;D

Wait up,
    That sounds great. I like the idea of being a supervisor. I truly believe in the servant-slave relationship.

lol I wonder why.... ::)
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6588.msg87882#msg87882 date=1210958994]
    [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6588.msg87869#msg87869 date=1210939105]
    [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=6588.msg87780#msg87780 date=1210875152]

Wait up,
    That sounds great. I like the idea of being a supervisor. I truly believe in the servant-slave relationship.

lol I wonder why.... ::)

Joe,

I truly mean this, i think the best thing u can serve kids with is how to love Christ. Not one's own personality. In sunday school, or sevants, their mistake is that they want kids to like them personally. Its not right. You, as  a servant, have to make them love Christ, not u.

The worst sunday school teachers, i found, were ones that tried to be popular with the youth. Even behave like them sometimes. The best just talked about Christ's love. That's all. In fact, they didn't even talk, they just listened and taught. There was one priest that did exactly that. Really.. and amongst all the bad memories and bad experiences that one can incur in a coptic Church, the smile on his face has still left a long lasting image.
  • QT in all seriousness, you hit the nail on the head  :D

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6588.msg87912#msg87912 date=1211008243]
    QT in all seriousness, you hit the nail on the head  :D

pray for me

joe

Yes, this is also in the Bible by the way. Saint Paul says that "I did not baptise u in my name, but in the Name of the Father , Son and Holy Spirit" -when the Christians were saying they are followers of such and such apostle...

Some Sunday School teachers want to be popular - even priests and monks. I mean, they may even do or condone immoral behaviour JUST to show they are "cool". And maybe perhaps, by doing that, gain the confidence of the youth to perhaps love God. This is TOTALLY wrong.

Its unchristian.

I remember once in CHurch, i was in the alter waiting to receive the Holy Communion. The Holy Body and Blood was on the alter, and I was praying. There was a visiting monk in the alter that was playing with several children. The kids were joking around, so I went like this to them: "Shhhtt!!". And I gave them a serious look, reminding them that the Holy Body and Blood was present on the alter.

The Monk then said "No! its ok.. let them joke around".

Is he serving God?? is this serving the Holy Sanctuary??? Or does he wish to make himself popular with the kids???

I can go on and give 1000000000000000000000000000's of similar examples...

The best spiritual lessons I've had were from listening to H.H.POpe Shenouda's Cassettes. He doesnt start saying jokes or behaving badly just to make out that he's easy going. Does he?? He knows how to explain the Bible very well. That's it.

Our mission, as servants, is to serve in administering the spiritual food (bible, tasbeha, agpeya etc) to our brothers and sisters. That's it. Its not to serve our egos.. or passions.. or to advance ourselves in our communities. This is honestly the impression I have with many servants.

• Vas and Hos Erof, pretty off topic but Hos Erof you're dutch and Vas you're french. How do you both know fluent english? Even here in America, we take foreign languages but it takes years of hard work to be fluent. So how is it that you both can speak English very well?
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6588.msg89649#msg89649 date=1212797152]
    Vas and Hos Erof, pretty off topic but Hos Erof you're dutch and Vas you're french. How do you both know fluent english? Even here in America, we take foreign languages but it takes years of hard work to be fluent. So how is it that you both can speak English very well?

It is something with Europeans...  they ALL know english...  lol...      i know English, French and Arabic, learning Coptic and Spanish, and i am not a single bit europeen.
  • coptic pharaoh, I know all those languages too. Only I'm fluent in spanish-took AP spanish last year. As for Coptic, still learning that. I would say I'm a little past a beginner.
  • [quote author=PopeKyrillos link=topic=6588.msg89664#msg89664 date=1212811606]
    coptic pharaoh, I know all those languages too. Only I'm fluent in spanish-took AP spanish last year. As for Coptic, still learning that. I would say I'm a little past a beginner.

See....  have you been to Europe before.. just to visit...??  cause if you have, then there is something suspecious....  just answer the question then i will tell you what it is...

i know.. it has nothing to do with Europeens.. it is all "ORTHODOX" genes that run throu our brain and make us all smart so we can glorify the name of The Lord... 
  • lol PK, well Vas was actually here from England, and then moved over to France  ;D

pray for me

joe
  • hahaha Vas, wanted to stick up for the French instead of those terrifying Brits?  ;D
  • Here in my country we learn english from primairy school, and in high school (depending on which level and school you go to) you study French, german, latin/greek. This is all in adition to dutch of course, and if you have foreign roots you may happen to know arabic and a bit of coptic. So yeah, loads of languages here ;)
  • lol matt - I've heard no language is harder than that "Double Dutch" "stuff" - its all greek to me

pray for me

joe
  • Oh yah, it's one of the hardest languages in the world lol (no wonder English is so easy to us :P). Did you by any chance hear the hymns that were chanted by us (partly) in dutch last year in the EYM? lol
  • It is something with Europeans...  they ALL know english...  lol... 

I am sorry lol, but this is so NOT true... the French, the Spanish, the Italians and some of the German do not speak English at all... or to put it better, they actually refuse to speak it. So tiring :p

I love Dutch :p
  • [quote author=Irini* link=topic=6588.msg89803#msg89803 date=1212961476]
    I love Dutch :p

No you don't :P
  • You're right... love is an understatement :p
  • The hymns? I remember loads.... some country did "Nikhoros Tiro"... lol  ;D forgotten em all.
    But you must have remember the UK's song!!! Most controversial one ever!! it was like "Take the shackles off my feet so I can dance, I just want to praise you, I just want to praise you" - some pop song. And when we got of starge you should have seen the Bishop's faces - like they were in cardiac arrest. And Lord have mercy - our sketch was a JOKE. We had actors who didn't want to act, a "procession" that was hugely disjointed, rubbish storyline - we made it up 2 hours beforehand  :P

pray for me

joe
  • Gee, i wonder who would ever come up with such an idea, nikhoros tiro ::) ;D
    And yes, I remember the pop song, it was nice to hear, although not really traditional lol.

The best act however was the french sketch where these girls were imitating anba Moussa, that was hilarious :D. The funniest moment I think was when anba Tomas dropped the jar of water while he was explaining what happens when we are living a superficial spiritual life :P
  • Hahahahaha yes, when he was talking about living in Christ and being in Christ hahahahah lol. Our pop song was soooo bad - I shake my head in shame of that awful song  :-[. I think the best sketch was the French one, with the angel and the S3eedy couple - I was laughing for DAYS! hahahah  :D
    - so where you the nikhoros tiro group?

pray for me

joe
  • Lol joe yes,
    those were the Dutch... though we haven't prepared anything special this year :p
    GB
  • Hahahah lol.... well I won't be there this year anyways  :'(
  • aaaw man why???
  • I wish I could come,. but I'm going on tour with my school (to north italy incidentally) for a week, and then im in Egypt for the rest of my holiday with my family  :'( :D
  • Well then have fun :) Pray for me there in our blessed Egypt :D
    too bad you cant come though...
  • I will you laso and yes it is a shame  :-\

please pray for me

joe
  • Aw man, I was looking forward to finally meet someone I know from tasbeha.org :(
    Is someone else coming? Any takers? QT? Londoncopt? Irini? :P
  • Hey guys .. im new here.. but i just wanted to say that im one of the ppl that went to Holland last year and im from the church in Ireland  :) it was a really great conference and i hope to see you all in Rome this year!!
    Well Done to the Dutch ppl on this site by the way!! the EYM was great  ;D
    God Bless you all
  • hi everyone,

For those that went to the European conference (EYM) this year in Rome i just wanted to know what you all thought of it??  :)

Share your opinions!  :)
    God Bless
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6588.msg87536#msg87536 date=1210711071]

Holland is great. Its blessed with the most pious and holiest sons & daughters of the Church. If ever u wanted to see the light of God in men, go to the Coptic Church in Holland.

I can confirm that :D