Bible study

Comments

•   Greetings :-*!!! I would like to start Holy Bible study too please. Thanks :)
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6489.msg85974#msg85974 date=1208405172]
    when you look up a definition you have to use the whole word, unless you are looking up its roots, is that what you were getting at? If not then testament means a proffession of belief or in other words a testimony. the old testament was a testimony to creation and the law and the prophets and what not, while the new testament as you said is a new chance, a new covenent, a new testimony that Christ is our Saviour and that we have been saved.

That is what i was trying to get at
  • [coptic][/coptic]Matthew 1:16...Is this Joseph the same who was thrown into the pit by his brothers?
  • No. The Joseph mentioned here is the one that was betrothed to Mary, as the verse says:
    "And Jacob begot Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus who is called Christ."

The Joseph that you are reffering to is the brother (well, half brother really) of Judah who is mentioned in verse 2:
    "Abraham begot Isaac, Isaac begot Jacob, and Jacob begot Judah and his brothers."
  • [coptic][/coptic]Oh yes, thanks I see now!
  • In Matthew 2:3....i like it better how this verse is portrayed in the Saint video - 'Visitor From Heaven' - When the Abba's perfom the play and Herod's character is angry because the Magi tell him of a 'born King of the Jews'. You understand that Herod is jealous and resentful immediately at the thought of another King![coptic][/coptic]
  • Yeah i love that part of the movie, believe it or not it actually really does give a good depiction of what it could have been like.
  • yeah i do believe it is a very realistic depiction.

• PiKhristos Aftonf!!!

This Bible study has been right on time! Gosh, the last 5 verses in Matthew 7 are been shown to us live and direct today. The poor Burmese (Myanmar) have been swept away literally. Worldly religions are being swept away due to heretics and blasphemy figuratively. Just like literally and figuratively we have to build our homes on the Rock!!!!
  • What happened to the Bible Study?? I know I should've participated more, especially since I started it, but I was away for a while. I didn't think this topic would fade out as quickly as it did. I'm a little disappointed.

This week we're supposed to be on Matt. 15-21 for all those who are still interested. The point of this is that if there's any confusion, others could help sort it out or interesting things that we pick out or parallels between the New and Old Testament....basically, anything pertaining to those chapters.

The more people who contribute, the more blessed we're all going to be and we all learn from each other.

God Bless.
  • Sorry!
    I'll pay more attention to doing it now!

+God Bless.
  • i was wondering what happened to the Bible study group!?? :) I'm still with u
  • what are you guys going to read next in the bible?
  • We are reading one chapter a day. We started in the New Testament-Matthew 1-7, then 8-14 now we are at 15-21 :)
  • does anyone have any comments so far??

PS. sorry i didn't mean to sound so harsh earlier... i was just already having a bad morning. I shouldn't have taken it out on any of you or spoken that way. Again I apologize to all of you.

Please remember me in your prayers.
  • No need to apologize, we all have rough days now and then. It happens.

God Bless and Pray for me and my weakness
  • I think, many would love to have the Bible study started. So how do we do it?Here is a suggestion. For example,the gospel of Matthew has 28 chapters. I will volunteer to take 14 chapters and will copy and past either one or two chapters one at a time, preferably from the New king James Bible  at this forum. Then, those of us who would like to discuss the chapters can do it right away. When they are dealt with,we then move on to the next chapter,but we could also come back to the previous chapters at any time. However, I feel the Biblestudy should have its own section and I would like to call on the Moderators to create one as soon as possible.

Any objections?
  • Hezekiel... i don't think you should write the whole Chapter on here....  how about you just put a link to the chapter from biblegateway.com  it is already on the net, so you don't have to typ.. it is very easy to use and you can pick wich even version you want on there... they have the Bible in many laguages too.. including Arabic and French.. and obviously English
  • CP, yeah that is possible too. Actually, I do not need to type the whole chapter. You can just paste and copy it here. But, no prob, we can use your system. Yeah,Biblegateway is great and multilingual.I think we need to have a section for that,so that it runs smoothly.I do not know who the moderator is,maybe it is not a bad idea to PM him/her.
  • Those are wonderful suggestions! Can we have a revote to see how many people are still interested in the Bible Study before contacting the moderators?

Whoever is interested, please just type "yes" or "interested" in your reply. This is just so we have a rough idea of how many people will be contributing. Anyone who wants to join after the count (done on Sunday) will, of course be able to. This count makes no restrictions.

Thanks

• yes...     

and plz don't paste the chapters here....  if, like you said Matthew is 28 chapters and you paste them all here, this post will be around 100 pages at least by the time we done the whole new testament.. :P :o
  • Im in... always have been  :D

pray for me

joe
  • count me in
  • lets get started???

"For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”
  • Matthew 19:21 - Does anyone know someone personally who has done this? A rich person who has sold eveything they had and gone to follow Christ?
  • Hello my name is Fady and im new to dis im thinkin you all live in America coz i live in Australia
    i saw you guys doin like an online bible study so maybe yous can help me
    i need help with Romans 8:28
    "and we know that all things work together for good to those who love god ..."
    it sound pretty straight forward but i was wondering if there was a deeper meaning to it.
    if anyone can help i'd really appreciate it.
    thanks.
  • [quote author=Fady dous link=topic=6489.msg88390#msg88390 date=1211552336]
    Hello my name is Fady and im new to dis im thinkin you all live in America coz i live in Australia
    i saw you guys doin like an online bible study so maybe yous can help me
    i need help with Romans 8:28
    "and we know that all things work together for good to those who love god ..."
    it sound pretty straight forward but i was wondering if there was a deeper meaning to it.
    if anyone can help i'd really appreciate it.
    thanks.

well.... it is a very nice verse and can have a much much deepr meaning, im no expert (i don't know anything at all actually) but my guess would be: If you love God from all your heart, you live for God, you glorify His holy name whenver you can, everything will work out for your own good, although it might not look like what you want it too, or maybe all the good that will happen to you will not be on this earth:everything will work in your favour so you end up in Heaven, <--(that could be another meaning for it)

sorry if it is confusing and weird and dosn't help in anyway.
  • [quote author=elsi70x7 link=topic=6489.msg88386#msg88386 date=1211541401]
    Matthew 19:21 - Does anyone know someone personally who has done this? A rich person who has sold eveything they had and gone to follow Christ?

ST.Anthony did that:

One day after a teaching on Jesus saying to the people, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell what you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasures in heaven; and come, follow Me" (Matthew 19:21), St. Anthony sold everything he owned, gave the proceeds to the poor, and left the city behind to live in the desert.

• St Anthony carried out this commandment on a literal level, but we should all be carrying it out on a deeper spiritual level...
    We should all put Christ first in our lives, put Him first and then make time for other things...

+God Bless