European Youth Conference 2008?

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Is there a european conference for youth this year... the one last uear in Holland was the best one in years.... so does anyone know (lol europeans here are scarce, but not everyone is American)

Thanks

pray for me

joe

Comments

• although i'm American, and I got to a church in America, our priest wanted us to go to convention in Europe this summer. However, it was rejected by the parents. So instead, we'll be going to the MCOYC- the regular convention. All i Know is that it'll be held in London this year.

PK
  • Hi everyone,

You asked for europeans, here we are! lol

Next European Youth Conference will be in Rome (Italy) from 28 to 31 august 2008. It will be held in a complex of 150 chalets, each one could take 4 persons (Total 600) near to the conference hall.

That's all the information I have for now.
    I'll give you some more as soon as I have.

I agree with you that the one in Holland was the best one.
    The difference between this one and the others is that it was organized by youth for the youth, that's why it was great. They learned from the errors of the past and do their best to make everyone spend an unforgettable convention.

God bless you all.
  • All good things happen through God... but thanks for the compliment (on behalf of all Dutch youth) :)
    I can not wait for Rome!
    Irini

PS: pray for me!
  • [quote author=tifou link=topic=6588.msg87529#msg87529 date=1210708156]
    Hi everyone,

You asked for europeans, here we are! lol

Next European Youth Conference will be in Rome (Italy) from 28 to 31 august 2008. It will be held in a complex of 150 chalets, each one could take 4 persons (Total 600) near to the conference hall.

That's all the information I have for now.
    I'll give you some more as soon as I have.

I agree with you that the one in Holland was the best one.
    The difference between this one and the others is that it was organized by youth for the youth, that's why it was great. They learned from the errors of the past and do their best to make everyone spend an unforgettable convention.

God bless you all.

Holland is great. Its blessed with the most pious and holiest sons & daughters of the Church. If ever u wanted to see the light of God in men, go to the Coptic Church in Holland.
  • ok, maybe there is something else going on in london.
  • Guys, thanks for all the help...
    Rome... i definetely can't mss that... and yes Holland and the Dutch Church where absoultely fantastic.. if there is anymore info, please post it in

pray for me

joe
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6588.msg87590#msg87590 date=1210747871]
    Guys, thanks for all the help...
    Rome... i definetely can't mss that... and yes Holland and the Dutch Church where absoultely fantastic.. if there is anymore info, please post it in

pray for me

joe

Hey Joe, did u get a chance to meet Hos_Erof? He's a really cool dude.

Did u see any of the sweedish group in the Youth Conference? They're very charming by the way.. (lol) I had some pretty good memories of the conference way way back in 2002/3 (France).

• Oh yeah the Swedes - they put on an excellent sketch - no i didnt me Hos erof, though I understand he was there

pray for me

joe
  • someone called my name?  ;D
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=6588.msg87625#msg87625 date=1210788421]
    someone called my name?  ;D

lol not at all.... only joking. So you were at Holland Matt? How come I didnt meet you.... or did I even see you?  ;D
  • I didn't know there's members from tasbeha.org going to the EYM!
    But i was there all the time, i was kind off organising the .ppt's and along with other people the church services. I was there at the tasbeha, in case u attended...

Hope to see u in sunny Rome otherwise ;)

PS I live in Holland, i was one of the hundreds of people organising and helping in the EYM 2007 8)
  • Yes I was at the Tasbeha!!!! But I cant remember seeing you - what did you look like?
  • Yeah, the tasbeha was short but very nice..... the 3amou from Ireland was leading along with one of the servants from St.Marks London... I specifically remember not saying Esmo Epchois or any other long hymns..... and you had that French dude who was a few years older than me and had double my knowledge in alhan..... and the Clerical college eklireekey.... and the mass we had - that was awesome with all the different languages - german pauline, french Catholicon..... and the Psalm 150 - you had praise him, louez lou.... absolute magic...
  • yah bezaaaaaaaabt, the clerical guy from France is Marco,
    and there were indeed the uncle from Ireland with his kids, I remember him too.

The best part was psalm 150, I think we did it in
    -coptic
    -arabic
    -english
    -french
    -german
    -italian
    -dutch

Oh man, we rock ;D
  • lol yeah it was awesome - but I can come to Rome this year - im going to Italy on tour with my Senior Band with school, then Im off to Egypt.... so i get italy, but not rome, just venice (sigh)

• Just for those of you who haven't seen the pictures:
    http://www.koptischekerk.nl/conferentie/media/album/index.html
    3eesho 7ayatkom :)

GB
  • Thanks those pics bring back the memories..... and the annoying memories about how long we had to wait for food with those ticket things lol hours on end... ::)
  • me on the right ;D

http://www.koptischekerk.nl/conferentie/media/album/slides/Afbeelding 1032.html

See, we were practically standing next to eachother, not knowing that we are both tasbeha.org members ::) ;)
  • [quote author=josephgabriel link=topic=6588.msg87634#msg87634 date=1210789477]
    Yeah, the tasbeha was short but very nice..... the 3amou from Ireland was leading along with one of the servants from St.Marks London... I specifically remember not saying Esmo Epchois or any other long hymns..... and you had that French dude who was a few years older than me and had double my knowledge in alhan..... and the Clerical college eklireekey.... and the mass we had - that was awesome with all the different languages - german pauline, french Catholicon..... and the Psalm 150 - you had praise him, louez lou.... absolute magic...

The deacons from Villejuif (France) are remarkable.. they are kids and i admit, they know stuff that I've never even heard off before. I hope God blesses them with a bigger Church in Paris.
  • http://www.koptischekerk.nl/conferentie/media/album/slides/Afbeelding 1038.html that's my FoC by the way!

Turns out that my cousin was his spiritual guide and sunday school teacher. lol.
    Oh my goodness, his son is only like 12 years old, and has the most amazing voice. He's a brilliant mo3alim.
  • Wow... hos erof I cant believe we didnt know each other ----- we missed each other completely... I cant actually believe it... oh well we'll see each other in forthcoming conferences  :P

pray for me

joe
  • Hey guys, i noe its a bit off topic, but is germany going to make a youth convention because I would love to come.
  • [quote author=copt4eva link=topic=6588.msg87726#msg87726 date=1210837879]
    Hey guys, i noe its a bit off topic, but is germany going to make a youth convention because I would love to come.

Apparently the convention will be in Italy. (I think!) could someone confirm that??
    I'd love to go also.

Also, are married couples still allowed to go??
  • Ok...., yes this one is in Italy in Rome..... Germany did one a few years back I think, and as for the married couple, ask hos erof

pray for me

joe
  • Yo matt,
    Is this open to married couples?
  • lol, I think so. I've seen plenty of married people. It's more the age that counts.
    There's a lot of supervisors who come as well, and their age ranges from 25 to 75, i'm sure ur not THAT old ;D
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=topic=6588.msg87780#msg87780 date=1210875152]
    i'm sure ur not THAT old ;D

lol you'd better believe it... QT makes Cephas look old  ;D

• Hey guys, i meant is there like a seperate convention in germany, or do they only have a european convention.
  • Hey Guys,

Do you know the date of the conference?