Anba Youannis

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
ok how great is Anba youannis!!!! i love him sooo much and he's got such a heavenly voice and face that makes everyone love him!
anyways i was looking for liturgies that r prayed by Anba Yoannis and i only found one on stminamultimedia... and i already listenend to that one. Does anyone know where i can find any more litugies of Anba Youannis??? im a big fan of him lol
Anba youannis the one who does the kiahk praises often... hope u know which one im talking about
thanks in advance
Enough

Comments

• [quote author=Enough link=topic=6574.msg87189#msg87189 date=1210527051]
    ok how great is Anba youannis!!!! i love him sooo much and he's got such a heavenly voice and face that makes everyone love him!
    anyways i was looking for liturgies that r prayed by Anba Yoannis and i only found one on stminamultimedia... and i already listenend to that one. Does anyone know where i can find any more litugies of Anba Youannis??? im a big fan of him lol
    Anba youannis the one who does the kiahk praises often... hope u know which one im talking about
    thanks in advance
    Enough

That's what I'm talkin about!! Exactly! ANd the way he does the tasbeha is brilliant. He's soo cute. lol

Yep, he has such a heavenly voice, AND face.  I agree. I got a CD of him performing in Bright Saturday - live.  Its his best Gig. He's doing a solo with about 100 deacons and priests. THen he turns to the crowd and makes them join in. We are talking about 800 people here. lol

You will love his way of doing Agios Athanatos Nai-nan. Its a great remix, and is very up-beat.

I know it sounds like he's a pop-star,but... i mean, there is no reason why he shouldnt have a recording contract.
  • can u please upload that cd/dvd of the bright Saturday gig or post a website i would really appreciate that

thanks
  • Man who doesn't love Anba Youanis? lol, i have a praise he does from Kiahk, its awsome. And QT is not exagerating he gets the whole congregation involveds its really nice
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6574.msg87200#msg87200 date=1210538015]
    Man who doesn't love Anba Youanis? lol, i have a praise he does from Kiahk, its awsome. And QT is not exagerating he gets the whole congregation involveds its really nice

Without a SHADOW of a doubt, this Anba has the BEST most, intricate and compelling daff I've ever heard. Oh man.. u HAVE TO hear the Bright Saturday prayers he did. THe symbols were awesome. We honestly wanted to dance (just watching it on TV).. i mean.. he was kinda dancing even - A BIT!!. lol (and I am NOT kidding!).
  • Lol upload this if you can man, i need to hear this funky tune you are talking about
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6574.msg87201#msg87201 date=1210538152]
    [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6574.msg87200#msg87200 date=1210538015]
    Man who doesn't love Anba Youanis? lol, i have a praise he does from Kiahk, its awsome. And QT is not exagerating he gets the whole congregation involveds its really nice

Without a SHADOW of a doubt, this Anba has the BEST most, intricate and compelling daff I've ever heard. Oh man.. u HAVE TO hear the Bright Saturday prayers he did. THe symbols were awesome. We honestly wanted to dance (just watching it on TV).. i mean.. he was kinda dancing even - A BIT!!. lol (and I am NOT kidding!).

well i can't disagree. we actually pray with him tasbeha everytime he's here in the US and he supports our chorus, Seraphim. but QT, i thought you don't like poeple whi say words wrong?!.......becasue anba yoannes does say the "p" "b", and the "theeta" "see"........LOL
  • No, i don't focus on the mistakes of others (lol)
  • Besides,
    Whatever pronounciation mistakes he does, he compensates it with charm.

Gosh, the USA East Coast is really active with respect to the Coptic Church there. U've got Anba Youssif, Anba Youannis...

THat remark about P and B was just ONLY for u Mina because you are fluent in English. I mean, u can pronounce things well. and given that the Churches in the USA are producing Mp3's, that we are all learning from, u might as well stick to a standard. Its important because most books now that have the transliteration have the letter "P" for "Pi".

Why are u picking on me for. Even your own admins (and yourself probably) transliterated the tasbeha with the Pi as "P".

http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/view/92 (here!).

If you are transliterating all the tasbeha with the old dialect (Pi as "P") then why are u doing otherwise when you sing? You need to pronounce it the way u've explained in the above link!

Did u hear the Ten-O-sht (Morning Vespers) by the LA Church?? (for the Resurrection period) - wasn't that just PERFECT?? and their Coptic was great too!! Their pronounciation was exactly like ours here, and per the transliteration on your website!!

;)

Ya mina ya mina, how i longed to put u under my arms like a duck with its ducklings... but u are not willing.. always complaining and joking around...

• [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6574.msg87211#msg87211 date=1210541965]
    Besides,
    Whatever pronounciation mistakes he does, he compensates it with charm.

well i can't doubt that...but i thought u'd be more serious.

Gosh, the USA East Coast is really active with respect to the Coptic Church there. U've got Anba Youssif, Anba Youannis...

lol....that's not it. Anab Rafael is doing a youth convention in couple of weeks. anba Pola was in our church last saturday in vespers, and Anba David, our general bishop here was in our church yestrday, ordained about 60 epsaltoses, and 28 epidthyakons.....lol...am so proud......

THat remark about P and B was just ONLY for u Mina because you are fluent in English. I mean, u can pronounce things well. and given that the Churches in the USA are producing Mp3's, that we are all learning from, u might as well stick to a standard. Its important because most books now that have the transliteration have the letter "P" for "Pi".

actually the ppl u are talking about in the mp3 are my teachers, they are not the "fobs" that u'd normally think of but they are youth and deacons who were born here in the US and are living here. so....

Why are u picking on me for. Even your own admins (and yourself probably) transliterated the tasbeha with the Pi as "P".

http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/view/92 (here!).
    If you are transliterating all the tasbeha with the old dialect (Pi as "P") then why are u doing otherwise when you sing? You need to pronounce it the way u've explained in the above link!

well i don't pick on specificly.....about the hymn text  library, u can call me to be the admin of that. becasue i manage al the texts there where i can edit all files.....with all the admins ya3ny.

for that specific file. the only realistic reason to write coptic-english, even thoo i don;t like it or recommand it, is for others to actually be able to maybe, just maybe with a little possibilty that the people can read the words and follow. to not make confusion with this concept, i right all those texts as the way they "sound" for a specific recording of a cantor. very little i'll think about the text and they way it's said except if it's really wrong on the audio source. when saying Pi-ekhrestos, some times we say pekhrestos. there is nothing wrong with that. i can't condemn someone who doesn't even know how to read coptic that he is saying somthing wrong.

Did u hear the Ten-O-sht (Morning Vespers) by the LA Church?? (for the Resurrection period) - wasn't that just PERFECT?? and their Coptic was great too!! Their pronounciation was exactly like ours here, and per the transliteration on your website!!

;)

this is a nice recording. and a modern one to. i can't say anything else. even thoo in general, sometimes i don't like the mentelity of people there on the other side, in CL and LA. but let's not get into that so i don't get in trouble :)

Ya mina ya mina, how i longed to put u under my arms like a duck with its ducklings... but u are not willing.. always complaining and joking around...

i think i answered that with the bird metaphor....there is no need to keep talking about this.
  • Mina,

Anba Rafael is awesome, plus u get Anba Youannis?? U're very blessed over there.

We are lucky too. We have Anba Anthony. He's marvellous. Please pray for his health.

As for the Coptic stuff... I don't mind, just stick to ONE dialect. If u write Coptic-English and use P for "Pi" then at least sing it that way (as with the LA deacons!).

Otherwise, it gets complicated. Everyone comes to tasbeha.org to learn alhan etc.. its best to start getting these standards right now (at this point in time) when its still early days.

I mean, u are transliterating in one dialect, yet pronouncing them (in some songs) in another dialect. I don't really mind whichever, but select one and leave it at that, and be consistent.

- U admit, its a brilliant recording (from LA)? They were fantastic. I couldnt sing like that to save my life.
  • [quote author=QT_PA_2T link=topic=6574.msg87220#msg87220 date=1210545878]
    As for the Coptic stuff... I don't mind, just stick to ONE dialect. If u write Coptic-English and use P for "Pi" then at least sing it that way (as with the LA deacons!).

Otherwise, it gets complicated. Everyone comes to tasbeha.org to learn alhan etc.. its best to start getting these standards right now (at this point in time) when its still early days.

I mean, u are transliterating in one dialect, yet pronouncing them (in some songs) in another dialect. I don't really mind whichever, but select one and leave it at that, and be consistent.

well i try to be consistent in everything as much as possible. more towards the english translations thoo. like i said before, i write the things the way i hear it, and the way we would say it in my church. some letters can chagne, by not much. and also when you speak about those who come to tasbeha.org, they are mostly ppl who know hymns. if they are new and are trying lessa, they our threads here, and they can ask what they want by posting here....as you see, you can have very advanced posts about hymns, and in the same time, very simple things. so it really is diffrent for all.
  • lol sorry to interupt ur conversations... but any news on liturgies prayed by Anba Youannis... or praises especially the Bright Saturday one??
    u can go on and talk hahah... sorry for cutting in between lol
  • heeeeeeey Guys i found ANBA YOUANNES!!! lol im soo happy... for anyone whos interested heres the link... and its a VIDEO TOOO!! how cool is that lol
    here it is
    http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Videos/Kiahk_Praises,_HG_Bishop_Youanness.html
    Enjoy!!
    P4M
    Enough
  • Thanks Enough! This is great!
  • no problem jydeacon!
    In the second part of the kiahk video... u can really see Anba Youannes dancing loool
    His face shines with the joy of God in his heart... its incredible!! we can all really learn a lot from this... i pray that we can all praise God not only by our mouths but from our hearts.
    Enough 
  • I never heard of Him before...... soory if i ofended u.... but i am asking... Who is He? Where does He serve? anywhere where i can here His AWSOME voice??? pictures of His Heavenly Face...???
  • Anba Youanis is a bishop( I think he is the Pope Secretary if i'm not mistaken) He serves in Egypt in general but He is just a general bishop and does not preside over a Bishopric.
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=6574.msg87701#msg87701 date=1210814040]
    Anba Youanis is a bishop( I think he is the Pope Secretary if i'm not mistaken) He serves in Egypt in general but He is just a general bishop and does not preside over a Bishopric.

to add to that, he is the head of Bless USA and in Egypt, http://www.blessusa.org.
  • oh ok... now i know who u r talking about thanks.........      are there any videos or recordings of him online?
  • heey coptic pharoh.. ya he's the pope's secretary.. i put a link i think in my post above of him praying kiahk.. its a video, so u can see how he looks like and how he sounds... hes soo cute lol... he gets really excited when he's praising. ;)
    heres the link again

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Videos/Kiahk_Praises,_HG_Bishop_Youanness.html
    Enjoy
  • How come I cannot play the videos on the link? Anyone having the same problem it just keeps opening a text document.
  • lol no, mine works - do you have realplayer installed?
  • thanks for the link.... now i know who he is.. thanks
  • he is great i just downloaded him today hes amazing. Also Abouna Youseff assad is nice
  • woooooooow, i feel left out lol

never heard of him  >:(  :(  :-[  :'(

how do you guys know all these bishops
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Can someone please upload Bishop Youannes live on Bright Saturday since he is really awesome..

Thank you and Happy Easter to all