AMAZING!

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hey guys, this video was posted on coptichymns.net by David_the_King, its the Gregorian Liturgy in Coptic prayed by 7 priests at once!! It's really amazing, thought i would share it with you guys. http://www.alhan-youthbishopric.com/Downloads/Video/Liturgies/GregoryCoptic-PreistChorus-Baramos2007.wmv

Comments

• WOW! this is sooo cool! I've never seen anything like this! Thanks for posting it! It's pretty much a choir of priests! This is awesome. Is the whole litrugy praying in this manner? I'm at the very beginning. GB, and thanks John!
  • Yup the whole thing is prayed like that(at least from what i've seen) I'm near the end of the clip
  • This is the most amazing thing I have ever seen!!

Do you know the priests names?
  • No i have no idea, this video was posted on coptichymns.net and it was orginally from alhan-youthbishopric.com so if you can read arabic, you might be able to look it up on the website and let us know
  • This is very amazing.I would love to see that live.
  • as i know,this is a convention for priests to teach parts of the coptic liturgies and some hymns that are said by priests like "anok pe pi koji" ....etc
    although i haven`t seen that particular video,i have another one that was on 2005 i think,may be both are the same..
    the one i have is complete,was prayed at el baramos with anba rafael, cantor zaher and cantor osama from youthbishopric.it is also at
    www.alhan-youthbishopric.com

• could you post a direct link for those who can't read arabic that well
  • Every time i click on the first link... it opens the download screen to save it on my computer.. is that suposed to happen.. and it takes formever to dowload... i canceled it already but i can dowload it again..is it worth it?
  • i tried both links and they did work...the one i sent is about 288 MB as it is video of about 3 hours so it can`t be less than this.
    as for ur question,if u have ever seen a full coptic gregory liturgy prayed by a choir of priests,then it doesn`t worth it  ;)
  • Thanks, these aren't the same liturgy however, if you look at both video's they take place in two different churches, but with the same group(almost) of priests
  • Both of the file names mention the Baramos Monastery...
  • Monastaries can have more than one church in them, such as one for the archangel and one for st. mark or something like that
  • Yes, that is correct.
  • In Mississauga Ontario, Canada...  the Canadain Coptic Centre (CCC) has 2 churches.. and it is just a Chirch.. not a monastary.. it has 2 churches in 1 builidng Google it...   Canadian Coptic Cantre in Mississauga , Canada

here is a picture...http://orthodoxwiki.org/thumb.php?f=Canadian_Coptic_Center.jpg&width=250
  • St Mark Church in Cleveland, OH also has a church and a chapel.