Why is dancing wrong?

124»

Comments

• i dun think dancin is wrong but like for instance if a boy is dancin with a girl from there own church n the boy and girl no each other really well and they r not gonna like do anythin wrong then i think its ok to dance ;D

~david~
  • I don't really think that we can be the ones to say whether or not dancing is wrong because God knows what's in our hearts, and he knows our intentions, so even if we act like we know nothing is going to happen from the outside, our insides may be spoiled rotten...

sleepy
  • i don't dance or anything, but i don't think all dancing is wrong, some of it is, but not all of if. it depends on the enviorment, and who. for example if your dancing @ a wedding, i wouldn't think it's wrong. if your dancing @ a school dance just because your trying to impress someone, then it's probably wrong.
  • I really think by saying "is dancing right or wrong?" we are asking the wrong question. The question we should ask is will it bring us closer to our Lord Jesus Christ? Will it help us please Him? Will it help preserve our purity? Will it make us holy? These are the kinds of questions we should ask. If you feel that dancing is not disturbing your spiritual life, and you would behave in exactly the same way if Jesus Christ Himself was there with you, then I personally cannot see any problem with it. Otherwise, as St. Paul said, "All things are lawful, but not all things are helpful."

I hope this makes sense. Please tell me if you have a different opinion on the whole topic.

In Christ,

Beshoy
  • I would say, if your dancing for the Lord, as David danced, or to raise money for charity (of course no dirty dances), then good. But if it is to show off, promote yourself, hit on members of the opposite sex or simply make money, then not good.
  • I have to agree with everybody here. Sometimes its ok, and sometimes its not. If you want to dance for fun(not a bad type of fun if you know what I mean), then its ok. Other than that, its not.
  • dancing is not wrong. it's like eating or drinking or reading. it's an activity or hobby. remember how Meriam the prophetess danced when the irealites crossed the sea with moses. she was praising God. she expressed her Joy and thanksgiving to GOd. Moses saw her dance and he didn't stop her. but what we have to realize is that things change . this dancing that was a form of praise, overtime, got changed, so that when people dance, it's not for the sake of praise, but for the sake or fulfilling lusts and tempting our fellow brothers and sisters. some dances like ballet, or tap or figure skating, is a sport that shows your talent, not your body. it's a respectful sport. whereas belly dancing, the way they dance is not a sport, but expression of lustful thoughts and falling into sin, while dragging others with you. slow dances don't respect the body of either partner because they also put the lust into action. any form of dancing that doesn't abuse the mind or body through bad thoughts or sinful actions and movements isn't a sin.
  • okay, i always said that dancing was wrong. and i still believe that.

but one time i was at a party and i danced. let me just say that i felt guilty for the longest time ever. i dunno. i wasnt dancing with a guy, i wasnt dancing to please a guy or anything. it was a friend's sweet sixteen and me n my girlfriends were dancing and having fun. would i dance again. mostly likely no. how come im not saying never? cause you never know, until ur in that situation. but is dancing right or wrong? i say wrong, but then it depends on the person, place, and situation.
  • why did you feel guilty?
  • This happenned over the summer and every single time i think about it, i feel guilty. then i think y do i feel guilty. sometimes i would say, i did not intend to do anything wrong, so there should be no reason for me to feel guilty. other times i would say, i knew dancing was wrong, why did i dance? i guess wat was making this hard was that the party was all coptic orthodox and the majority danced. but thats not an excuse.

i didnt answer your question Michael, did i? :-\ i guess im still trying to figure it out.
  • This happenned over the summer and every single time i think about it, i feel guilty. then i think y do i feel guilty.

Sometimes we feel quilty over things that are silly and which we really shouldnt feel bad about.I know I suffer from this quite often.The Devil can also make us feel quilty and unworthy and we must resist him.God died to forgive all our sins and to cleanse us from all unrightousness.We need to apply this scriptural truth to our lives and conquer feelings of quilt and despair.Thats what it means when it says in the Bible,"they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb".When the Devil condemns us,or we condemn ourselves, we remember the verse"there is therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus".We remember and believe in the shed blood of Jesus,the precious blood that takes away our sin and cleanses us and makes us whiter than snow.God be praised!
  • I went to my Father of Confession with this question. First of all, wwjd. Is a preist going to dance like this? ::) Definately not. We are the temple of God, like said before, are you going to fill the temple of God with lust and the like. We and the preist are similiar in that we both serve God. I dont think that God wants you to provoke lust in his fellow children. He also told me "no gray area". It will be hard to live when you have gray area about a subject, you will be torn between the two sides. This is why you ask yourself wwjd.
  • [move][shadow=red,left]I don't think dancing is lawful because it's just for fun. The only thing is that we should dance for the right thing.But I am saying for the right thing, not just going and daning anywhere. OK[/shadow][/move][glow=red,2,300][/glow]
  • ;D

Whoa! That red's alittle strong,isnt it...lol...it hurt my eyes trying to read your message,in fact I still cant make out everything...lol ;D
  • I don't think dancing is lawful because it's just for fun. The only thing is that we should dance for the right thing.But I am saying for the right thing, not just going and daning anywhere. OK

• :)

Thanks for that socoolbishoy.My eyes must be getting bad or something;maybe I spend too much time in front of the computer...lol...It's supposed to be hard on the eyes they say...lol
  • im a deacon,
    deacons dont dance.
  • no nothing wrong with your eyes, I couldn’t read it also...

im a deacon,
    deacons dont dance

Any person, who is in the public service (Bishops, Priests, Deacons, Sunday School Servants, and etc…) should not dance, or be in the presence of loud music, or alcohol... because we are the representatives of Christ... so we gotta be roll models, and always on our best behavior because we are always watched. :o
  • true, very true socoolbishoy, imagine that one of the kids from church saw a deacon drinking or dancing, what credibility would be left, everybody will go "oh well, he does it too and he's a deacon/minister.

even if dancing isn't wrong, we cant afford it to cause other to stumble:

1 Corinthians 8:13 - Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.