Verse/Passage Suggestions...

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hello all,

I work in a commission based job. My wife currently does not work, as we are expecting (through the grace of God) our first child. Lately work has been incredibly hard, nothing has been going my way.

It seems (at least in my head), any day I'm mad or upset with God I don't pray and work goes great, but whenever I pray it's just a disaster at work right now. I'm in danger of not being able to bring home a paycheck.

I know in my mind, my thinking is warped. My heart doesn't always listen. I just keep thinking I can't take care of my family now, how am I going to do when there's a little baby life involved too. Please does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions of passages or verses from the bible I can read to restore my faith. And give me hope?

Thank you all

Comments

• I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Philippians 4:13

But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
    Matthew 19:26

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
    John 16:33

Pray for me
  • Dear twoshenoudas,
    Beware that Jesus said that in the world we will face every kind of tribulations. Now you seem to get a confused message: when you do pray, it makes sense that every thing goes wrong, and when you don't things will be fine. That is because what has control over this world and its lusts is satan, and it wants you to struggle when you pray so that you don't pray. The solution is that you don't pray but to keep praying and trust me God will take care of the rest. Don't just merely suppose that if you pray things are going wrong, because you are a sinful man, and so on and so forth, as this is one of the tricks of the brainless satan. God wants us to always pray; He will be very happy listening to our prayers, and He will put every thing right in the right time. Just stop worrying, as worries come from satan.
    God bless you and pray for us a lot
  • [quote author=billious link=topic=5906.msg79089#msg79089 date=1194236606]
    I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
    Philippians 4:13

But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”
    Matthew 19:26

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”
    John 16:33

Pray for me

LOVE these verses!!!
  • nahum 1

or the book of job .. mainly ch 1 aand 2
  • 1 Samuel 16:7 "For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

God Bless
  • [quote author=Unworthy1 link=topic=5906.msg80823#msg80823 date=1199514992]
    1 Samuel 16:7 "For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

God Bless

LOVE IT!!!!!!