Psalm 150 Feast of the cross Response

edited September 2007 in Hymns Discussion
Hey guys i was looking for the Psalm 150 Response for the feast of the cross i believe it is this [coptic]Icouc Pi`,rictoc `psiri `mVnou] auasf hijen pictaurwc[/coptic] am i correct?? 8)

Comments

• listen to the recording in the post right before yours in hymn discussion. i put this link up it should be there:

http://coptichymns.net/module-hymns-catview-pid-80.html
  • Hey i hope the post above helped but i was at school but here is the refrain:

[coptic]I=y=c P=,=c `Psyri `m`Vnou]@ vy`etauasf `epi`ctauroc. [/coptic]
    -Jesus Christ the Son of God: Who was crucified on the cross.
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=5791.msg77529#msg77529 date=1190837077]
    Hey i hope the post above helped but i was at school but here is the refrain:

Tishouri is right, and you must make sure that you sing this in the Palm Sunday Shahnini tune (not Festive).
  • [quote author=bballdude23 link=topic=5791.msg77536#msg77536 date=1190845909]
    [quote author=Tishori link=topic=5791.msg77529#msg77529 date=1190837077]

Tishouri is right, and you must make sure that you sing this in the Palm Sunday Shahnini tune (not Festive).

Yeah i know, thanks guys
  • Hey guys, how reliable is this song after communion http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/view/805 i have never seen this in any of the books i have read or use. Should i run this song by my priest and see if it is suitable to use?
  • yea i def. think its fine, i think I've heard it before by my old moalim. Also Cantor Farag Abdelmessih himself recorded it lol its definitely legit.
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5791.msg77540#msg77540 date=1190847602]
    Hey guys, how reliable is this song after communion http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/view/805 i have never seen this in any of the books i have read or use. Should i run this song by my priest and see if it is suitable to use?

lol. ya habibi this is just a madeha like the ones that are there for every feast.

[quote author=bballdude23 link=topic=5791.msg77536#msg77536 date=1190845909]

hmmm a small correction....the sha'nini tune is not only sha'nini but it's called the 'festive sha'nini tune'

it's festive and sha'nini.

• I'm aware of that, i just have not seen this particular one before, but i'm not perfect i just wanted to make sure this was something reliable to use i wanted to print off so when i finished psalm 150 i would have something else to sing because the books i have don't have anything after psalm 150 to say, i just wanted to prepare myself because i am most likely going to be the only deacon at the Liturgy Friday. our church doesn't have any books on the feast of the cross so the only thing i have to refrence is my khedmit al shamas. and obviously they don't have any madehas
    sorry for the trouble
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=5791.msg77546#msg77546 date=1190855135]
    [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5791.msg77540#msg77540 date=1190847602]
    Hey guys, how reliable is this song after communion http://tasbeha.org/hymn_library/view/805 i have never seen this in any of the books i have read or use. Should i run this song by my priest and see if it is suitable to use?

lol. ya habibi this is just a madeha like the ones that are there for every feast.

hmmm a small correction....the sha'nini tune is not only sha'nini but it's called the 'festive sha'nini tune'

Wow, didn't know that. But then does that mean that we can sing this in the regular festive tune if it is called the "Festive Shahnini" tune?
  • [quote author=bballdude23 link=topic=5791.msg77553#msg77553 date=1190862004]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=5791.msg77546#msg77546 date=1190855135]
    [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5791.msg77540#msg77540 date=1190847602]

Wow, didn't know that. But then does that mean that we can sing this in the regular festive tune if it is called the "Festive Shahnini" tune?

don't u respond with festive kerieleison, and ke to epnevmati so, and verse of cymbals.

festive shanini is just a mix between both.
  • Dear tishori,
    In the link you gave us the cantor doesn't sing the refrain you wrote us. What a discrepancy? Although I know your refrain is correct, I want to ask is it legitimate or not? It is not even mentioned in "Deacon Service Book" by Farag Abd El Messih.
    God bless you and pray for us a lot
  • yes it is reliable I have that same refrain in my khedmit el shamas book I just looked it up
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5791.msg77563#msg77563 date=1190902945]
    yes it is reliable I have that same refrain in my khedmit el shamas book I just looked it up

cantor fahim tends to use Muallem Farag's khedmit shamas in many things.

actually i don't think there is a cited verse for the feast of the cross or palm sunday. but, my church deacons have a source which i think is another set of muallem Fahim's recording where he have refrains.

also it makes since to have one ya3ny.
  • SO this is what i'm assuming-

Festive Verses of the cymbals like easter, christmas, palm sunday etc

Festive looonnnggg agios

however do we say stuff for the nayrouz too or is TODAY THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 27 the last day to celebrate the feast of the nayrouz?
  • Yes that is correct, today is the last day to say anything for nayrouz(you could always say it when you want outside of church of course)
  • hey everyone,

umm sorry for the confusion, the recording i posted i didnt really get a chance to listen to myself, because i was at school i just posted the resource i found for the hymn.

About the refrain i posted, im positive that's the correct one its in my khidmet shamas book and thats the one we say in church so yea lol sorry about that and im not really sure what cantor fahim was using?
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=5791.msg77572#msg77572 date=1190924374]
    About the refrain i posted, im positive that's the correct one its in my khidmet shamas book and thats the one we say in church so yea lol sorry about that and im not really sure what cantor fahim was using?

cantor Fahim was just singing what was taght....there havn't been a response for the fast....
    but i'd like to ask what deacon's book u have this response in?
  • i was using the brown one made up by St. Antonius Church of CA.

here it is online:
    http://www.orthodoxbookstore.org/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1560
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=5791.msg77575#msg77575 date=1190927373]
    i was using the brown one made up by St. Antonius Church of CA.

here it is online:

Yeah, I have the same book, and it says, [coptic]Iycouc Pi`,rictoc `psyri `mVnou]@ vyetauasf `e`pictauroc.[/coptic] I think it should not matter which one but I think that the Brown Book entitled Coptic Hymns by St. Antonius Coptic Orthodox Church of California is the very first one (as in the original one that was used for many years).
  • yea it is a really popular book which has been used for a really long time, i love that book i used it for almost everything!
  • [quote author=bballdude23 link=topic=5791.msg77576#msg77576 date=1190927783]
    [quote author=Tishori link=topic=5791.msg77575#msg77575 date=1190927373]

here it is online:

Yeah, I have the same book, and it says, [coptic]Iycouc Pi`,rictoc `psyri `mVnou]@ vyetauasf `e`pictauroc.[/coptic] I think it should not matter which one but I think that the Brown Book entitled Coptic Hymns by St. Antonius Coptic Orthodox Church of California is the very first one (as in the original one that was used for many years).

[quote author=Tishori link=topic=5791.msg77577#msg77577 date=1190928389]
    yea it is a really popular book which has been used for a really long time, i love that book i used it for almost everything!

hmmm if you wanna look at a source of somthing especially concerning alhan you look through arabic original books like Muallem Farga's, the Nahda book, and some others. not an english book that was recently done. am not saying the book is bad or anyting...it's just not the source that we would want to back up wat we say here.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=5791.msg77580#msg77580 date=1190941748]
    [quote author=bballdude23 link=topic=5791.msg77576#msg77576 date=1190927783]
    [quote author=Tishori link=topic=5791.msg77575#msg77575 date=1190927373]

here it is online:

[quote author=Tishori link=topic=5791.msg77577#msg77577 date=1190928389]
    yea it is a really popular book which has been used for a really long time, i love that book i used it for almost everything!

hmmm if you wanna look at a source of somthing especially concerning alhan you look through arabic original books like Muallem Farga's, the Nahda book, and some others. not an english book that was recently done. am not saying the book is bad or anyting...it's just not the source that we would want to back up wat we say here.

How about Hazzat.com?
  • [quote author=bballdude23 link=topic=5791.msg77581#msg77581 date=1190941922]
    How about Hazzat.com?

what's the source of hazzat. am sure on of the books which is unknown.

i am not denying that the verse is rit. lol my church says it and i posted it online as i showed in the link below. what i was saying is not every book is a source. and not one is a source.
  • Therefore, we will never know the true translation until we look into multiple books.
  • [quote author=bballdude23 link=topic=5791.msg77588#msg77588 date=1190946568]
    Therefore, we will never know the true translation until we look into multiple books.

well the translation i posted on the hymn text library is the clearest. how else will you say the refrain.
  • I find the translation that minagir posted as very concise to what the actual verse is saying, in reality it says died on the cross in coptic but crucified is basically the same and you cannot have a direct translation for most things anyway. that is the closest translation you can get and saying died on the cross as i said is the same as crusified
  • [quote author=jydeacon link=topic=5791.msg77591#msg77591 date=1190948432]
    I find the translation that minagir posted as very concise to what the actual verse is saying, in reality it says died on the cross in coptic but crucified is basically the same and you cannot have a direct translation for most things anyway. that is the closest translation you can get and saying died on the cross as i said is the same as crucified

actually if u wanna be that literal, it says was "crucified" not died.
  • Oh yes thank you for correcting me,