Best Place to Meet Future Spouse?

2»

Comments

• sorry i must point out this FACT: He wept is a GUY not a gurl so i dont think he'd be choosing either option lol
  • i didnt think of that kerestnia, good point! lol
  • ur gorguzz he wept....u wanna hook up sum time??
  • im sorry, i dont think its the place i would prefer  ;D  ;)
  • hahahahahahhahahahahhahahaah good kid
  • well actually, speaking of "the place you would prefer to meet your future spouse" what does everyone think about this?

http://copticmatch.com/

does anybody think its wrong? or is it normal?... you could "find people" anywhere around the world. i also think it would'nt be safe. what do you guys think?
  • [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

Ahh, the infamous copticmatch.com rears its ugly head once more.  I fail to see the difference between this site and any other online dating site out there.  And, just like any other online dating site, I find it to be worthless and pathetic.  How desperate are you, if you have to search for 'love' on the internet?
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5529.msg74533#msg74533 date=1184850135]
    [coptic]+ Iryny nem `hmot>[/coptic]

Ahh, the infamous copticmatch.com rears its ugly head once more.  I fail to see the difference between this site and any other online dating site out there.  And, just like any other online dating site, I find it to be worthless and pathetic.  How desperate are you, if you have to search for 'love' on the internet?

Knfoc,
    I met my fiance in the most romantic way possible. I totally agree that one should not do things out of desperation, but frankly, given that I met my fiance in the most romantic, natural, and charming way possible, i have to say this: Internet dating would be better.

The reason being: When you meet a girl, you see her for the 1st time, and you may even fall in love with her charm, her beauty, her character... it could be love at 1st sight. THe problem is that when your feelings start to play, its not so good. The internet on the other hand, you are not clouded by the physical aspects. There are no sunsets, no charming background, no music or live band playing, there's no nice dresses with the breeze going by; you don't see the red hair tied in a knot that looks so charmng in a little pony tail... on the internet, u are not distracted by these things.

On the internet you can pass yourself off as something or someone you are not.  It is very easy to develop a 'persona' that is not you.  It is vital to interact with a person face to face because body language plays a key role in any relationship.  Furthermore, it is more difficult to develop a 'persona' when you see a person on a regular basis.  And let's not forget the fact that you can actually look into the other person's eyes.  I have always believed that eyes are the window to the soul, and thus, you can learn a lot about a person by simply speaking to them and looking into those windows.  You do not have that benefit on the internet whatsoever.  And I see nothing wrong with loving a girl because of her charm, beauty and character.  Those are aspects of her, as a person, that you must love, otherwise you are not compatible at all.
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5529.msg74537#msg74537 date=1184851971]

On the internet you can pass yourself off as something or someone you are not.  It is very easy to develop a 'persona' that is not you.  It is vital to interact with a person face to face because body language plays a key role in any relationship.  Furthermore, it is more difficult to develop a 'persona' when you see a person on a regular basis.  And let's not forget the fact that you can actually look into the other person's eyes.  I have always believed that eyes are the window to the soul, and thus, you can learn a lot about a person by simply speaking to them and looking into those windows.  You do not have that benefit on the internet whatsoever.  And I see nothing wrong with loving a girl because of her charm, beauty and character.  Those are aspects of her, as a person, that you must love, otherwise you are not compatible at all.

Thanks Knfoc,
    But, the thing is, you want to love with your head, not your heart, and when you do see a beautiful charming young lady, it can be quite hard to "control" your feelings. You see!?

The internet, u can definately control your feelings!!

As for pretending to be soemthing you are not, I do agree... but that's also possible in real life. People can fool you too, no matter how much u look in their eyes.

I believe that out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks, and the hands type.... so it does also show the person's soul to some extent!!

Well that's why maturity plays a major factor in all this.  A mature person is able to look past the external beauty and see the internal beauty.  Thus, they won't be overwhelmed by how gorgeous a person is to the point where their heart hijacks their entire being and they dismiss the mind completely.  A balance must be struck between heart and mind, and a mature individual is certainly capable of that.

While I agree that it is possible to develop an 'act' in real life, the half-life of such an 'act' is far shorter than it would be over the internet.  That is to say, if a person is lying, it usually is found out much more quickly in person than it would be for a relationship over the internet.
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5529.msg74539#msg74539 date=1184852702]

Well that's why maturity plays a major factor in all this.  A mature person is able to look past the external beauty and see the internal beauty.  Thus, they won't be overwhelmed by how gorgeous a person is to the point where their heart hijacks their entire being and they dismiss the mind completely.  A balance must be struck between heart and mind, and a mature individual is certainly capable of that.

While I agree that it is possible to develop an 'act' in real life, the half-life of such an 'act' is far shorter than it would be over the internet.  That is to say, if a person is lying, it usually is found out much more quickly in person than it would be for a relationship over the internet.

Yes, i see your point.

But my point is this: You can be overwhelmed so much by a person's charm and beauty in real life that it COULD lead to getting to know her more. In getting to know her more, you obviously then will pay more attention to her inner beauty than her external beauty. For me, i saw the inner beauty in my fiance when I was with her the 1st day; so coming to think about it, u are right, its best to meet in public and see the person. You are not buying a car or a house that u can see on the internet, u are marrying for life, and it would be prudent to see the subject before u do anything.

I just think that its best to meet in winter. In summer, girls wear really nice dresses that could distract your attention, and i think in summer, the heat does something to one's intelligence.
    LOL...

• i agree with Κηφᾶς on the reasons he has made. and also... most people who have found love off the internet, and end up married.. ended up divorcing, becuase of the different personalitiy the couple had after marriage.- i dont know from experience, but i know -

and i disagree with "love at first sight"... you could see somebody, thinking he's the love of your life, and when you actually socialize with him/her.. it could be the total opposite, you don't even know his personality yet..

• [quote author=He Wept link=topic=5529.msg74548#msg74548 date=1184860398]
    i agree with Κηφᾶς on the reasons he has made. and also... most people who have found love off the internet, and end up married.. ended up divorcing, becuase of the different personalitiy the couple had after marriage.- i dont know from experience, but i know -

and i disagree with "love at first sight"... you could see somebody, thinking he's the love of your life, and when you actually socialize with him/her.. it could be the total opposite, you don't even know his personality yet..

Well, I agree with Knfoc too. And with He wept concerning dating on the internet. Their points of view are very much valid.

Concerning love at 1st sight; to be clear, i think this is attraction or admiration at 1st sight... then 2nd and 3rd sight, one gets to know the personality even deeper until one fall in loves.

Is that clearer.
  • well, im not concerned, im just wondering if that site is wrong for COPTICS. and no, im not gonna go search for love on the internet.

well i meant, love at first site, doesnt always turn out the way you want it. but sure it could be "romantic" if you say so.
  • [quote author=He Wept link=topic=5529.msg74550#msg74550 date=1184861004]
    well, im not concerned, im just wondering if that site is wrong for COPTICS. and no, im not gonna go search for love on the internet.

well i meant, love at first site, doesnt always turn out the way you want it. but sure it could be "romantic" if you say so.

Well, i agree... but its my fault when i said "love at 1st sight" - this is not wise at all... i do believe in admiration at 1st sight that would push you to know the person more... sure!! But love at 1st sight does sound that you've finally found your wife, and u can marry her tomorrow... this wasnt the case with me by the way, but I did admire my fiance...
  • well yea, i guess you could say admiring. that would make it sound better lol.

and congratulations on your future marriage!-if im not wrong
  • [quote author=He Wept link=topic=5529.msg74553#msg74553 date=1184861451]
    well yea, i guess you could say admiring. that would make it sound better lol.

and congratulations on your future marriage!-if im not wrong

Yeah of course it was admiration... no one in their right mind would marry from day 1, you'd have had to admire something 1st that leads u to get to know the person more...

I think i fell in love perhaps 8 months afterwards

And that was when I discovered she forgave so easily...

Thanks man, 3oqbalak
  • [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5529.msg74533#msg74533 date=1184850135]

i think you need to think about ppl'z reasoning for turning to online dating....
    ppl dont do it for fun yani....sum ppl are manipulators while others are genuine.....
    possible reasons:
    1) experinced a number of failed relationships n on the verge of conversion
    2) easier than confronting sum one in person
    3) sum ppl are more reserved than others

dating may start online but develop into a ongoing face to face relationship......

one cant not dismmiss online dating as wothless, pathetic and for despo's....wat if ppl did pursue online dating and read wat u jus sed...how insultive.......

often too ppl reach n certain age say 30 n freak out...as generally most r married or engaged by 25....so they lose hope n pursue any possible get, now this is concerning.......

msn n other online chatting has become a pik up joint.......so wats the diff??....one is labelled online dating and the other is generalised chatting......
  • [quote author=kerestina link=topic=5529.msg74559#msg74559 date=1184863455]
    often too ppl reach n certain age say 30 n freak out...as generally most r married or engaged by 25....so they lose hope n pursue any possible get, now this is concerning.......

i agree with this, i know, people like that, who lost hope because of this.
    and i don't think that its pathetic to go online and search for love. but some people would prefer that. i personaly wont do that. but im different, everyone is different.
  • [quote author=kerestina link=topic=5529.msg74559#msg74559 date=1184863455]
    [quote author=Κηφᾶς link=topic=5529.msg74533#msg74533 date=1184850135]

i think you need to think about ppl'z reasoning for turning to online dating....
    ppl dont do it for fun yani....sum ppl are manipulators while others are genuine.....
    possible reasons:
    1) experinced a number of failed relationships n on the verge of conversion

dating may start online but develop into a ongoing face to face relationship......

one cant not dismmiss online dating as wothless, pathetic and for despo's....wat if ppl did pursue online dating and read wat u jus sed...how insultive.......

msn n other online chatting has become a pik up joint.......so wats the diff??....one is labelled online dating and the other is generalised chatting......

There goes a lot into approaching a person and getting to know them in person. Your entirely personality is exposed instantly when u confront someone face to face.

Chatting on the net is cheating... you are already in a position to be someone whom u are not: the proof: YOU JUST SAID IT:

You said :"
    "

Which means what??! It means that if their personality is reserved in real life, then they are using their online personalities as someone who is not reserved?! THey are more "open" online?? But the person they will marry will want to live with what? An "online internet" personality, or a real life personality?!!

If they are reserved and they meet someone face to face (1 on 1), this timidity will show, and the charm also that goes along with it. Being reserved is NOT so bad, someone WILL like that!!!!