Fairuz Good Friday, Easter Sacred Songs

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
I have the request.. I think somebody on the forum know Arabic... I love Fairuz's album for Pascha, but I can't read arabic, and I don't know which songs are on Good Friday, and which are on Easter... So I please, somebody who can read arabic... Translate this titles: Ana Alom El Hazinah,Taki Orshalim, Ya  Shaaby wa sabhi, Kamat Mariam, Ya Yasso Alhaya Noazemok, Kamel Elag-ial and Astkiry. I found full lirycs this songs, but they're in arabic http://www.cartage.org.lb/en/themes/Arts/music/Lebanese/Composers/Fairuz/songs/lygf/GoodFriday.htm I'll be gratefull for help.

Comments

• Ana Alom El Hazinah=I am the sad mother                       
    Ana Alom El Hazinah=the way to jeroselem                       
    Ya Shaaby wa sabhi=my congregation and friend             
    Kamat Mariam=mary got up                                           
    Ya Yasso Alhaya Noazemok=O god the life, we glorify u     
    Kamel Elag-ial=all the generations                                   
    Astkiry=lighten up                                                       
  • Thanks abkarino22 :)
  • Knowing that Fairuz is a Maronite and not Orthodox, I was surprised to see that track 7 (Ya Yasoo AlHaya Noazemok) was the same as the Lamentations sung on the evening of Great Friday in the EO churches.

It begins (in Greek):
    "H Zwh en tafw kateteqhV Criste, kai Aggelwn stratiai exeplhttonto, sugkatabasin doxazousai thn Shn
    "O Christ, the Life, You were laid in the tomb, and ranks of Angels were amazed, glorifying Your condescension...."

I was wondering if this same hymn is also used in the Coptic Orthodox tradition.
  • btw, if you go listen to the songs now,here (click on the link), u'll also see the text.
  • [quote author=Orthodox11 link=topic=5027.msg68040#msg68040 date=1172533375]
    Knowing that Fairuz is a Maronite and not Orthodox, I was surprised to see that track 7 (Ya Yasoo AlHaya Noazemok) was the same as the Lamentations sung on the evening of Great Friday in the EO churches.

It begins (in Greek):
    "H Zwh en tafw kateteqhV Criste, kai Aggelwn stratiai exeplhttonto, sugkatabasin doxazousai thn Shn
    "O Christ, the Life, You were laid in the tomb, and ranks of Angels were amazed, glorifying Your condescension...."

I was wondering if this same hymn is also used in the Coptic Orthodox tradition.

I don't think that we have that.
    What hour is that sung in your Church?
  • [quote author=Gods kid link=topic=5027.msg68096#msg68096 date=1172706684]
    [quote author=Orthodox11 link=topic=5027.msg68040#msg68040 date=1172533375]
    Knowing that Fairuz is a Maronite and not Orthodox, I was surprised to see that track 7 (Ya Yasoo AlHaya Noazemok) was the same as the Lamentations sung on the evening of Great Friday in the EO churches.

It begins (in Greek):

I don't think that we have that.
    What hour is that sung in your Church?

no it's not sung in the coptic church