father zachariah

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hi,

Can anyone tell me the sites related to abouna zachariah?

Thanks,

Matt

Comments

• islam-christianity.com
  • welll
    i dont hav a website but u can go 2
    www.google.com and type "father zachariah"
    hope i helped
    GOD BLESS[coptic][/coptic] :) ;D
  • if u donot like the islam-christianity one, simply go to one of his episode and he features the three websites that talk about the show ON HIS SHOW!
  • Father Zico is really popular in the states. He has his own satellite TV show. (even 2 of them).

If u want to hear him live, he has 500 constant members listening to him EVERY day on PAL-TALK. You'll find him there easily.

His show is always hosted by a very nice chap called "Ahmad"

Ahmad converted from Islam to Christianity; as with so many countless others.

The best show you should listen to, is where he's talking about marriage. lol... Its hilarious.

He's never really said anything bad about islam at all; he's just compared two faiths together; and has always talked respectfully about it; but i think when you watch his show, its clear how he can convert anyone to Christianity from Islam.
  • I know what you mean Vas, My parents watch his shows all the time, and some of the shows have realy funny moments.
    I haven't seen the marriage one yet!
    Where did you find it???
    Would you please show the site for it! ;) thanks buddy!
  • [quote author=bentBABAyasooa` link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=0#msg66776 date=1170091479]
    I know what you mean Vas, My parents watch his shows all the time, and some of the shows have realy funny moments.
    I haven't seen the marriage one yet!
    Where did you find it???
    Would you please show the site for it! ;) thanks buddy!

It was on Sat-7. He has TWO shows on satellite. The marraige one was really funny... because - well.. you have to see it. I can't talk about it on tasbeha.org.
  • I thought you saw it on his site, He has lots of shows there!
    There is a bad sex word mentioned in the quran and Abona Zakaria was like " A word that I can NOT say, so I am just gonna say Tunntunn"
    hahahahhaha........... :D
    My parents kicked me out of my OWN room so they can watch that show because it is stuff that only GROWN UPS can watch!! :-\
  • i really wanna know if the pope is supporting what hes doing or not...i knw hes ex communnicated but does the pope really support it?
  • HE isnt Excommunicated but rather he has veen retired from the service.

Meaning he can no longer serve in the role of a priest, ie doing masses etc but is more than welcome 2 partake in the mystries of the church such as communion.

There is no reason 2 excommunicate him, Excommunication serves as a mean of eroding the church from heresies, till now i havent heard any heresies associated with Father Zachariah.

• Superman be very careful

islam-christianity.com is an imitation of islam-christianity.net the actual website of Fr Zacheria.

The site u mentioned attacks the heart of christianity, and i wouldnt be surprised if it is run by non christians. So be very careful with wat u read
  • [quote author=why link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=0#msg66785 date=1170119481]
    i really wanna know if the pope is supporting what hes doing or not...i knw hes ex communnicated but does the pope really support it?

i really don't know but at Los Angeles the bishop sent letters to the churchs in the meaning that we can't listen to abouna zachariah or go to his meetings. I don't know but there is a lot of different opinians about that. ???
  • yes i heard alot of people are angry at father becuase he is arousing anger between the muslims and that is the last thing egypt needs.........or so i heard
  • thanks hardyakka for the clarification
  • Yes! that's the one. He refuses the say the "F" word. HAHAHHA
    He was honest about it still ... he said "OK. I understand that its in the Koran. If they wish to use this language, its OK, but I cannot say this word".

So Ahmad had to say it.

I didnt even know what it meant, i just asked those sitting down with me to tell me what he was saying.
  • huh i dont get what your saying vasillos..are u saying that mohammad said the f word in the koran and father zac refused to say it..sorry can u clarify that
  • [quote author=why link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=15#msg66877 date=1170247629]
    huh i dont get what your saying vasillos..are u saying that mohammad said the f word in the koran and father zac refused to say it..sorry can u clarify that

Listen, i don't know much about islam, ok... but all i can tell u is this: i was watching father zack talking concerning Mohammad's life from one of the islamic books, and he came to a word that he refused to say out load.

He categorically refused to say it. He said :"if its ok with them to say it, its up to them, but i WILL not say this word, as a priest, I CANT"

THen i asked my friends, what that word meant in english...

Apparently, the prophet was talking about how to treat women.. or something like that...

i admit,i was in shock when i heard this. I wasnt a big fan of Father zack, and i didnt particulary like it when he talks about islam, but when i did hear him speak, i felt he was respectable. I mean, he refuses to swear or to say anything wrong, which was good.

to get a full story of this, just get the video tape. I advise that... i just walked in the room at that part of the video, and i didnt see the entire show.
  • [quote author=why link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=0#msg66813 date=1170172724]
    yes i heard alot of people are angry at father becuase he is arousing anger between the muslims and that is the last thing egypt needs.........or so i heard

[quote author=St. Monica link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=0#msg66801 date=1170125747
    i really don't know but at Los Angeles the bishop sent letters to the churchs in the meaning that we can't listen to abouna zachariah or go to his meetings. I don't know but there is a lot of different opinians about that

ladies, really there is no need to bring in the hmmm's and huh's. this is how gossip starts, ppl sharing all these lil theories about how this happened or why it happened n it does no good especially for Father Zach.
    focus more on his service to God than his reputation, not all ppl get along its a fact in life, we clash with sum n click with others in saying that ive never heard of a priest retiring from service, wen did priesthood become an occupation?
  • [quote author=kerestina link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=15#msg66879 date=1170250252]
    [quote author=why link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=0#msg66813 date=1170172724]
    yes i heard alot of people are angry at father becuase he is arousing anger between the muslims and that is the last thing egypt needs.........or so i heard

[quote author=St. Monica link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=0#msg66801 date=1170125747
    i really don't know but at Los Angeles the bishop sent letters to the churchs in the meaning that we can't listen to abouna zachariah or go to his meetings. I don't know but there is a lot of different opinians about that. ???

ladies, really there is no need to bring in the hmmm's and huh's. this is how gossip starts, ppl sharing all these lil theories about how this happened or why it happened n it does no good especially for Father Zach.
    focus more on his service to God than his reputation, not all ppl get along its a fact in life, we clash with sum n click with others in saying that ive never heard of a priest retiring from service, wen did priesthood become an occupation?

I definately cannot judge anyone's service or what they do; however, the program in which Father Zacharia does appear in (in sat7) was excellent with respect to the testimony of other converts from Islam to Christianity.

There are two american men that converted to christianity; but it had not much to do with Fr. Zach. Its not fair to put all the blame on him. Others have their own stories too. There's an american evangelist that appears after the Father Zachariah show, and frankly, he' really really good.

As I said, if u are interested in anything about Fr. Zachariah, try and get cable or sat7 on your TV.
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=15#msg66881 date=1170251110]

I definately cannot judge anyone's service or what they do; however, the program in which Father Zacharia does appear in (in sat7) was excellent with respect to the testimony of other converts from Islam to Christianity.

There are two american men that converted to christianity; but it had not much to do with Fr. Zach. Its not fair to put all the blame on him. Others have their own stories too. There's an american evangelist that appears after the Father Zachariah show, and frankly, he' really really good.

As I said, if u are interested in anything about Fr. Zachariah, try and get cable or sat7 on your TV.

im not asking anyone to judge any father's service but to recognise his good works and service to God and not discuss rumours on a public forum

plus i aint paying for tv, ill find other FREE sources

• [quote author=kerestina link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=15#msg66882 date=1170251643]
    [quote author=v***ilios link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=15#msg66881 date=1170251110]

im not asking anyone to judge any father's service but to recognise his good works and service to God and not discuss rumours on a public forum

Hi Kerestina,

You mean NOT to spread rumours?

Personally, i find it absolutely commendable how Father Zachariah has conducted himself ; and spiritually speaking, i did find what he said very interesting and beneficial as a CHristian (he doesnt always refer to islam!!).

But what rumours are there? We are saying that he came across an offensive word that he himself refused to say. How also is it a rumour if we all saw a public TV show??

WHat he did, (by not swearing) is a good example for everyone; because he was saying that "young kids" could be watching at least.

As I said, his show does tend to focus on the differences between Christianity and Islam. However, the best testimony i've ever heard in my life concerning anyone converting were the 2 sons of a muslim cleric who converted to Islam; but they said that it was thanks to an american evangelist that got the ball rolling.

In any case, (and off the record) we all get the ball rolling; its basically God that speaks in the heart of anyone that makes them convert.

I feel bad for Fr. Zack, because i do know loads of muslims in France that have converted to Christianity, and it was through the complete Grace of God; its not fair to blame one man who is just discussing the differences between two faiths on the conversion of every single muslim to Christianity. A lot of the time, common sense hits them even.
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=15#msg66883 date=1170252324]
    Hi Kerestina,

Personally, i find it absolutely commendable how Father Zachariah has conducted himself ; and spiritually speaking, i did find what he said very interesting and beneficial as a CHristian (he doesnt always refer to islam!!).

But what rumours are there? We are saying that he came across an offensive word that he himself refused to say. How also is it a rumour if we all saw a public TV show??

WHat he did, (by not swearing) is a good example for everyone; because he was saying that "young kids" could be watching at least.

As I said, his show does tend to focus on the differences between Christianity and Islam. However, the best testimony i've ever heard in my life concerning anyone converting were the 2 sons of a muslim cleric who converted to Islam; but they said that it was thanks to an american evangelist that got the ball rolling.

In any case, (and off the record) we all get the ball rolling; its basically God that speaks in the heart of anyone that makes them convert.

I feel bad for Fr. Zack, because i do know loads of muslims in France that have converted to Christianity, and it was through the complete Grace of God; its not fair to blame one man who is just discussing the differences between two faiths on the conversion of every single muslim to Christianity. A lot of the time, common sense hits them even.

well monsieur vassilous,
    u totally have me wrong, i wasnt talking about discussing his tv shows or whether he swears or not, not swearing in fact is a good example of role modelling
    i wasnt actually referring to u wen i stated that we shudnt be discussing rumors or spreading them or wateva on a public forum, it concerns me that lil theories about his departure from service arise....... im not referring to anyone in particular, its more of a general comment, the more we discuss or 'gossip' the more confused ppl get and negative labels are attached to certain priests.

and in regards to Father Zach i can not comment at all as i have never heard him speak, altho ive been told he's a wonderful speaker who attracts a large population
  • [quote author=kerestina link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=15#msg66885 date=1170253439]
    [quote author=v***ilios link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=15#msg66883 date=1170252324]
    Hi Kerestina,

well monsieur v***ilous,
    u totally have me wrong, i wasnt talking about discussing his tv shows or whether he swears or not, not swearing in fact is a good example of role modelling
    i wasnt actually referring to u wen i stated that we shudnt be discussing rumors or spreading them or wateva on a public forum, it concerns me that lil theories about his departure from service arise....... im not referring to anyone in particular, its more of a general comment, the more we discuss or 'gossip' the more confused ppl get and negative labels are attached to certain priests.

and in regards to Father Zach i can not comment at all as i have never heard him speak, altho ive been told he's a wonderful speaker who attracts a large population

Well, i consider myself a very fair man.

I know that Father Zacharia left the Church in Brighton. I didnt know him at all. I didnt particularly like it when any discussion in our Church revolves around another faith. However, when i saw how and what he said in his TV show, i have to admit, he was extremely respecful of islam. He has never said one bad word against islam nor their prophet(from all the shows I've seen!) - he only seems to quote what appears in their books.

I have many muslim friends, and it would be wrong to watch something where someone offends their faith; and I can honestly tell you, he has said nothing wrong so far. If a muslim converts to Christianity, who knows why?? There's the visitation of the Holy Spirit, the word of God penetrates in their hearts...

I do admit, however, i am always surprised from Fr Zachariah with respcet to his profound biblical and islamic knowledge.

• [quote author=vassilios link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=15#msg66886 date=1170254087]

I know that Father Zacharia left the Church in Brighton. I didnt know him at all. I didnt particularly like it when any discussion in our Church revolves around another faith. However, when i saw how and what he said in his TV show, i have to admit, he was extremely respecful of islam. He has never said one bad word against islam nor their prophet(from all the shows I've seen!) - he only seems to quote what appears in their books.

I have many muslim friends, and it would be wrong to watch something where someone offends their faith; and I can honestly tell you, he has said nothing wrong so far. If a muslim converts to Christianity, who knows why?? There's the visitation of the Holy Spirit, the word of God penetrates in their hearts...

I do admit, however, i am always surprised from Fr Zachariah with respcet to his profound biblical and islamic knowledge.

i think one needs to have some awareness about what other religions belive in, so ur not stumped wen confronted in saying that too, often ppl may feel attacked by the truth

i think it's incredible that god is working thru him to create such miracles as conversions from muslim to christianity, which clearly demonstrates how powerful words and prayer are
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=0#msg66822 date=1170186956]
    Yes! that's the one. He refuses the say the "F" word. HAHAHHA

So you have seen it?
    hahahahahha.............!!

Abona Zakaria is just bringing the quran and describing it piece by piece, he is not lying and he is saying what is exactly written in it, he also gets other Islam books and read from them.

There is this Dr. 3Omara, that published a book recently about how evil our religion is and are giving them our for FREE to young students and poor people. Is that angelic??? Abona Zakaria and another abona were just trying to comment on the book!!
    I don't see anything wrong with that.
    I have nothing against Muslims, In fact... I have Muslim friends that are just soooo amazing in personality.
  • for those that would like ot preview sat 7 without the the dish, u are very lucky to have me..becuase i have awebsite with the online t v of sat 7 along with amny other online tv's such as aghapy tv (btw there are great things on the website such as arabic movies)

http://www.copticweb.tv//Entertainment/Coptic TV/Coptic TV.htm
  • [quote author=kerestina link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=15#msg66887 date=1170255050]
    [quote author=v***ilios link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=15#msg66886 date=1170254087]

i think one needs to have some awareness about what other religions belive in, so ur not stumped wen confronted in saying that too, often ppl may feel attacked by the truth

i think it's incredible that god is working thru him to create such miracles as conversions from muslim to christianity, which clearly demonstrates how powerful words and prayer are

Kerestina,

I was truley thinking about what you said above, and you are right. People need awareness about other religions; especially Islam.

At first, i didnt like it, but the more I see what he is doing, the more I value him.

What is this nonsense on "temporary marriages" within Islam? Of course this needs to be brought to the attention of ANYONE.

The hadiths say that a muslim man can have a temporary marriage with any woman, especially if she is a jew or Christian; the marriage has to ahve a duration, from 1 hour to many months. This is legalising prostituion and absolving anyone from this.

We are preaching against fornication within our Church and to the World, and in Islam, its clear that it is condoning it through such acts such as "temporary marriages".

I don't know Fr. Zakaria, but all i can say is :God bless you father!!

Put it this way; had we started teaching everyone what we knew already about Islam AGES ago, and especially in this way such as what Fr. Zack is doing, would 911 have happened??!!! No! Politically Correct Western Countries have their heads in the sand with respect to Islam, and have no idea about its dangers or what it's agenda is.

If such disasters can be avoided, then is what Fr Zack doing a service ? Yes!! IT is!! I used to think that his words were one sided, or perhaps only showing/revealing the negative aspects of islam; then something funny happened: I read information from Islamic sites explaining "temporary marriages"; believe me, whatever Fr Zak has said about islam, is NOTHING compared to what their own faith says about itself.

My only problem even with the sat7 production is most of the programs are in arabic.

That drives me crazy. Why should those that don't speak arabic not benefit ??!!
  • i think they should get it in english aswell but anyways the majority of the people that actually do benefit (islamic people who turn christian and unsure chrisitans) are mostly arabs
  • [quote author=why link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=15#msg66943 date=1170332155]
    i think they should get it in english aswell but anyways the majority of the people that actually do benefit (islamic people who turn christian and unsure chrisitans) are mostly arabs

Im burning with frustration when i see Abouna's show in arabic. For one reason: those that NEED to hear it are US, and western civilisations; not Eastern.

Western Civilisations are ignorant of Islam; they just think its a bit backwards (after 9/11), but they don't know the truth. Some I***T from the States even told me: "We love Islam, but the USA is in discussion with Saudi Clerics to remove certain things from the Koran concerning hatred against Kafirs and Jewish people".

Oh really?!?

You see how naive people are??

I think what western women like about Islam is the outer image: conservative, strict, obedient to faith... but they are ignorant about the inner mechanics of this faith. The core values on which it is based: Its purely sex and pleasure. Everything against what we believe in.

Because the Church is so divided at the same time, with one Church promoting homosexuality and sexual promiscuity, and another dead against it; anyone who feels this is wrong, would most likely go to Islam if they assume that all Christian denominations resemble each other in values.

The best thing is to listen to Wafa Sultan discuss Islam; not Father Zakaria ; if it makes you feel any better. She's a muslim woman, and she has lived the life of an obedient islamic wife. Listen to her discuss Islam!!

Here is a quote from Wafa Sultan: A Syrian Muslim:

Speaking of the Holocaust, she said, “The Jews have come from the tragedy and forced the world to respect them, with their knowledge, not with their terror; with their work, not with their crying and yelling.”

She went on, “We have not seen a single Jew blow himself up in a German restaurant. We have not seen a single Jew destroy a church. We have not seen a single Jew protest by killing people.”

She concluded, “Only the Muslims defend their beliefs by burning down churches, killing people and destroying embassies. This path will not yield any results. The Muslims must ask themselves what they can do for humankind, before they demand that humankind respect them.”
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=15#msg66941 date=1170331983]
    [quote author=kerestina link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=15#msg66887 date=1170255050]

Kerestina,

I was truley thinking about what you said above, and you are right. People need awareness about other religions; especially Islam.

At first, i didnt like it, but the more I see what he is doing, the more I value him.

What is this nonsense on "temporary marriages" within Islam? Of course this needs to be brought to the attention of ANYONE.

The hadiths say that a muslim man can have a temporary marriage with any woman, especially if she is a jew or Christian; the marriage has to ahve a duration, from 1 hour to many months. This is legalising prostituion and absolving anyone from this.

We are preaching against fornication within our Church and to the World, and in Islam, its clear that it is condoning it through such acts such as "temporary marriages".

I don't know Fr. Zakaria, but all i can say is :God bless you father!!

Put it this way; had we started teaching everyone what we knew already about Islam AGES ago, and especially in this way such as what Fr. Zack is doing, would 911 have happened??!!! No! Politically Correct Western Countries have their heads in the sand with respect to Islam, and have no idea about its dangers or what it's agenda is.

If such disasters can be avoided, then is what Fr Zack doing a service ? Yes!! IT is!! I used to think that his words were one sided, or perhaps only showing/revealing the negative aspects of islam; then something funny happened: I read information from Islamic sites explaining "temporary marriages"; believe me, whatever Fr Zak has said about islam, is NOTHING compared to what their own faith says about itself.

My only problem even with the sat7 production is most of the programs are in arabic.

That drives me crazy. Why should those that don't speak arabic not benefit ??!!

i think ppl often assume that if ur researching another religion such as muslim for example that ur interested in conversion BUT on the contrary wen ur aware of other relgions and u realise wat they do and wat they believe u begin to appreciate ur church more especially the orthodox church.....u thank God u have been blessed enough to be brought up in a christian home.....u dont neccessarily agree with their beliefs but its an eye opener for u.........i doubt muslims have no awareness or knowledge of the bible or christanity

i heard a woman who converted to christian from being a muslim and she was very open about her treatment in the muslim culture and it was extremely quite saddening...... :-[

yer im one of those whose at disadvantage due to my limited arabic, id need an interpreter next to me lol it wud be cool if it was in english too but u never know it cud happen one day.........these things take time
  • The proof that Islam is soley a religion based on sexual desire, is given in the Temporary Laws of Marriage.

A man can have a wife for a limited time. He has to pay her. SHe has to know / be aware that she is his wife. But only for a limited time.

A lot of muslims still adhere to this. Those that don't say that this was only a law given to men in the past, that God allowed and now forbids.

So, what kind of God would allow a man to marry a woman for a short period of time and then divorce her ?

Is this divine inspiration?? Its sickening!!

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mut`a

http://oumma.com/spip.php?page=imprimer&id_article=2145

http://www.al-islam.org/al-serat/muta/