father zachariah

2»

Comments

• Its much worse in English. I advise anyone to read the French encyclopedia (the word are more delicate); in the same spirit as Fr. Zacharia, the words in a scientific encyclopedia in English are too strong , that i apologise if they may be offensive, even coming from a scientific online encyclopedia.

Its an encyclopedia. OK? Its pretty sick stuff... but i prefer to enlighten people through fact of reality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikah_Mut'ah

Im so sorry if people find this offensive. Its an encyclopedia on temporary marriage in Islam.
  • i met father zachariah... he's a really cool guy... the church does not oppose him... but rather they agree with him... but in silence.... I saw letters sent to him by bishops, telling him to keep up the good work... he is really cool I chilled with im in his hotel room... it was just GREAT!
  • [quote author=vassilios link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=30#msg66999 date=1170429166]
    This story just speaks for itself:
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2005-05-04-pleasure-marriage_x.htm

i cant find an exact word to describe how i feel in regards to that article, i stopped reading after the third parragraph, the concept of marriage and committment obviously isnt all that important :'( how can u say marrriage is a contract? how can u pay women (whilst being married and behind her back) for sexual pleasures, thats reaally disgusting and shameful
  • [quote author=kerestina link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=30#msg67097 date=1170589607]
    [quote author=v***ilios link=board=4;threadid=4900;start=30#msg66999 date=1170429166]
    This story just speaks for itself:
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2005-05-04-pleasure-marriage_x.htm

i cant find an exact word to describe how i feel in regards to that article, i stopped reading after the third parragraph, the concept of marriage and committment obviously isnt all that important :'( how can u say marrriage is a contract? how can u pay women (whilst being married and behind her back) for sexual pleasures, thats reaally disgusting and shameful

Kerestina,

I totally agree. Its from the disgust i had in learning these things that I valued Abouna Zakaria.

I was hoping for you to read the entire article. Its a shame you didn't read all of it as it explains a bit more on the history of this marriage law.

Many muslims are so blind and ignorant of their own faith; they think that this temporary law of marriage didn't come from Mohammed, when the fact is , not only did Mohammed tell them this was from God, but he himself took part in having many temporary marriages.
  • Dear all,

I would prefer that we refrain from discussion of Islam on this forum.
  • I love Fr Zachariah....He is such an inspiration to all non-christians and christians, count me in as one of them.... :) He is the father that really cares for the salvation of all people.....Our lord and saviour Jesus Christ has given him this task......Therefore he will not be moved.....

LOVE is the key that holds us together and makes us care about each other spiritually, physically and mentally....This is the role of the church....The hand of God holds us together in one body, therefore it will not be moved by anything in this world......

GOD IS LOVE INDEED.....

• [quote author=Iqbal link=topic=4900.msg67258#msg67258 date=1170850504]
    Dear all,

I would prefer that we refrain from discussion of Islam on this forum.

Ya, I would have to agree with Iqbol, we are on a coptic CHRISTIAN forum. No need for anything else that will hinder our focus on God.
  • [quote author=hardyakka link=topic=4900.msg66789#msg66789 date=1170120785]
    HE isnt Excommunicated but rather he has veen retired from the service.

Meaning he can no longer serve in the role of a priest, ie doing masses etc but is more than welcome 2 partake in the mystries of the church such as communion.

There is no reason 2 excommunicate him, Excommunication serves as a mean of eroding the church from heresies, till now i havent heard any heresies associated with Father Zachariah.

How could he retire, and why would he retire, i dont get it....i thought that someone called by God could never leave if he accepted.

And was this forced apon him or did he do it of his own free will
  • From what i understand he is still considered a priest but we dont like that he is causing anger in the muslims but we agree with what he is saying, no one opposes him except islam. he is not allowed to serve in the L.A diocese as was mentioned because H.G didn't want problems. I think he can still pray the liturgy but privately. My source is a priest.
  • let us not worry about him...