:( :( :( Its real bad

I failed all 4 subjects in university (1st semester.. I only had did 4 subjects)
My marks were 17, 47, 37, 12

A 50 I think for all of them is a pass.. anything under is a fail...

So do you think I should get off tasbeha completely? and stop reading from the bible more than 1 chapter a day?

I was trying to follow something to read the whole bible in 1 year.. which maybe consists (?) of 2 or more chapters in a day and 2 or more chapters in the evening..

I also read spiritual books from time to time maybe alot even..because I felt miserable or something at times..

And I was going to church on saturday and sunday.. on saturday because of servant preparation..

Also do you think I should only go to church on saturdays now on.. but dont we have to keep the LORDS day on sunday?

Now I think my parents might think becoming "religious" was a bad idea for me..

I don't know if I will finish this course I got into.. My parents have spent so much money I think .. e.g paying for alot of tutoring..
And I am in a good course which I might get kicked out of..

I fear if I stop reading the bible and reading spiritual books I will fall back into major sins..

What should I do?

I REALLY NEED PEOPLES PRAYERS..

You people maybe can learn from my mistakes (?)

Comments

• Please pray that they let me in next semester God Willing..
  • Hey lol, how are you going now:
    Lol I just want to tell you one thing. Don't lose your spritual life no matter what. Leaving the bible study and reading spritual books is the thing that the devil wants, you are going through a temptation here, but always have the faith that god is stronger than anything and will reward you for your effort. Also have you tried to know exactly where the problem comes from, is it b/c you don't study very well, or b/c you don't understand what you are studying or what? Lol keeping away from spritual resources is going to make the problem worse. I do suggest that you talk to your FOC and tell him everything. I also have something to say that might make you feel better, One of the very dear people to me has exactly the same situation as yours, and went through exactly the same situation as yours, but now GOD interacted and he is much much better than what you can think, so please try to put GOD in the subject and GOD for sure will help you. I also do suggest that you talk to the people that you do trust, like your parents, your best friends, and make sure not to put yourself down for what is happening with you, don't ever lost your self confidence for any reason. Lol just pray hard and I'm sure that you will get over the problem

God bless

Hany
  • hi..good luk with your coruses..

but im AWFULLY SORRY..eing holy and religious is anything but putting u down..it is actually helping you..

what i think you need is EFECTIVE TIME MANAGEMENT..and if needed ..go to church on sunday..but about the bible..how long does it takeyou..u are acting like it takes most of your time in the day when it is exact opposite..the Lord will bless thosse 2 hours and will make great usee of it..pray firstly..

but i want you to remember..each person was given his own number of talnes (bags of money) all your task is to make use of it..and i think u r doing tha quite well...we should concentrate on going to heaven NUMBER one..IN UNITY with our life...
  • what talents do you think im using?

Maybe I have attention deficit disorder.. Ive been diagnosed through a test but I still think it may be caused sometimes by worries or something from the devil or something else..

But if its true that I have it then maybe I can not spend as much time as you people and go good in university at the same time..
    What do you think?

Is it a sin to miss church on sunday if you go on saturday since it may be the LORDS day?

But thanks for the replys and advice..

God Bless!
  • But if its true that I have it then maybe I can not spend as much time as you people and go good in university at the same time..
    What do you think?

well i think u should ask your doctor that is someone qualified to answer that quetion.

Is it a sin to miss church on sunday if you go on saturday since it may be the LORDS day?

i dont know if its a sin but i heard a Pope SHenouda sermon one day and he said that u should attend church on a Sunday and it doesnt matter if u go on any other day of the week Sunday is the most important.

look i dont think u should give up on uni or be discouraged by those marks but use this as a wake up call to start studying harder. sometimes ppl just need to study smarter not harder that is look at your study technique get some tips from friends or teachers etc.

also a sunday school servant used to always say that the time u spend on God, God will bless the other time like study time etc. so i also think u should not abandon the Bible but figure out a timetable and maybe give up one thing in your life (like sport or tv or internet u know) to make time for uni study or Bible.

hope that helps if u need any more advice etc u can PM me.

Kristina123
  • [quote author=JesusisKingofKings link=board=10;threadid=4176;start=0#msg57979 date=1153638291]
    what talents do you think im using?

Maybe I have attention deficit disorder.. Ive been diagnosed through a test but I still think it may be caused sometimes by worries or something from the devil or something else..

But if its true that I have it then maybe I can not spend as much time as you people and go good in university at the same time..
    What do you think?

But thanks for the replys and advice..

God Bless!

If you have been diagnosed as A.D.D. then you need to talk to your doctor and somebody at your school about it, because it is a learning disability that needs to be dealt with. I have a learning exceptionality, and for four years, I was put in a special program that dealt with it...being back in the regular school program can be difficult at time, because part of my learning exceptionality is that I find myself bored and unchallenged, and thus I stop paying attention. There is also probably medication that your doctor can give you, but that's something you should consult your family about.

Don't give up your spiritual life, (that can't be emphasized about enough), but as people have been saying, manage your time better. Don't go on tasbeha.org until after you're done your homework. If you spend hours upon hours reading spiritual books, read a small portion before starting homework, pray that God guides you in your academic life, and then do your homework. Continue reading the spiritual book after your work is done.

But if your marks don't improve at all, and you still find yourself struggling, and you're a person who has always struggled in school, then you might want to talk to your family, and maybe an abouna about considering college, or a trade school, or another route to employment. Perhaps university is not what God means for you. Your talents could be in more hands-on work (which you can learn through college or an apprenticeship, for example: carpentry, plumbing, nursing, etc...), not stuff you learn in a lecture hall.

Just keep praying for God's guidance and God's help in this matter. And remember this: Being religious is never something that will end up hurting your life.
  • I can do all things through christ who strenthens me!
    All you need is some tme managment and you'll be fine mate!
    dun give up on God his the only one who is keeping you going!
  • I truly like your signature Pi Onkh
  • jesusiskingofkings... lol... I don’t feel any sympathy for you... because you are blaming something that is totally out of the question... why do you read the bible, is it to show off? do you have to finish the bible in one year... there is the “finish the bible in 3 years” plan... I was trying to make myself feel bad for you... but I couldn’t find on reason to feel bad for you... and ADHD... has nothing to do with that... these tests are absolute nothing... if you want to go to a psychologist... and get diagnosed, then go ahead... otherwise don’t use that at all, don’t even bring it up... and since you’ve been reading the bible... according to the “read the bible in one year” plan... you would have read this... “The LORD was with Joseph, and he was a successful man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian. And his master saw that the LORD was with him and that the LORD made all he did to prosper in his hand. (Genesis 39:2-3)

so don’t blame God… or blame your lifestyle… I know many that go to church all weekend long… and don’t do badly in school… I myself go church all day Saturday and Sunday… and if I have to study… I will find time to study during the other days…

plus ya ostaz if you go to church on Sunday the liturgy is more than likely gonna be out by two max…. you can just go home and study… and that is why I don’t feel any sympathy for you, or will I feel any sympathy… because you are not trying hard enough.. and you just blame things around, while the wrong is your wrong…

Don’t be upset with me, I am a person speaking his mind in truth, and love!

Peace and love.
  • King of Kings, your problem is organisation, nothing else. For example, I had a law exam last year, I didn't revise for it at all, not once. What happened? I got a U (ungraded). Didn't even get an F it was that bad.

This year I did the same exam again. The difference between the year before was that I spent a few hours revising for it. This time round, I got an A.

I didn't read the Bible any less, didn't pray any less. I just studied more. That's all you have to do.

Draw up a timetable, and make sure you stick to it. If you do, you'll pass - I guarantee it.
  • yes i am with u orhtodox 11..time management is NUMBA ONE!!