some miracles

2»

Comments

• I know what you mean. Did you hear about the woman who's fleeing her family in egypt to come here because she wants to convert? Her family is out to kill her.

ya there are A LOT of stories like that A LOT
  • Ah. Good point. So either way it's a lose lose situation? If they follow a non-Christian religion, they are perhaps dangerous in some way; or maybe a better phrase is "not-chosen" ? But if they are good people who follow a non-Christian religion, then they don't follow their religion, which is bad? See what I'm saying?

- Chris
  • I know, but how sad is that? Fleeing your family because you want to make your own choices....argh...frusterates me so much.....

sleepy
  • u lost me Banoub :-\
    sorry :-[
  • Yea, cause if you follow a different religion, you DIE.

sleepy
  • oh ok i get it
    so there is no way out right? :'(
  • That's what seems interesting to me.

Of course, there is a way out.

Repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Mark 1

14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

15 And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent ye, and believe the gospel.

- Chris
  • No, unless you want to die a martyr in your blood.

sleepy
  • Kinda losing me here Sleepy. Are you talking about non-Christians (i.e. Muslims) ?

Sorry for the hold up in this fast-paced discussion. :-[

- Chris
  • well its bloody but you don't have to die the Coptic Church plan escape plans for those who want to change to Christianity in Egypt
  • [quote author=Banoub link=board=1;threadid=357;start=30#msg4655 date=1088129230]
    Kinda losing me here Sleepy. Are you talking about non-Christians (i.e. Muslims) ?

Sorry for the hold up in this fast-paced discussion. :-[

- Chris

Yea, that's who I meant

sleepy
  • Oh ok. Thanks lol.

Wasim,
    Really? How do you know about them? I mean, if they were publicly known, wouldn't the Egyptian government, who are being heavily pushed to become a theocracy, do something to stop them? I mean, God forbid.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Ancient of Days: Whom the angels praise: today has come into the land of Egypt: in order to save us, His people.

- Chris
  • Not all of them are that lucky to get help. Some of them have to do it all on their own. I read an article about one woman's dangerous travel for Saudia Arabia to America, and she had to leave her children behind.

sleepy
  • i guess that story fits perfect with when Jesus said leave your parents and family and follow me
  • Yea, now that you mention it, that fits it perfectly. ;)
    HIGH FIVE!!!! lol

sleepy
  • I think we are generalizing a little too much. I have very good Muslim friends who don't want to kill me. They are wonderful people, and they are Muslim. There are extremists in every religion, look at Christianity's version of crazy - David Koresh, Matthew Hale, Adolf Hitler. There are people out there that will take any idea to a crazy extreme, but the majority of Muslims are good people. Imagine if every Muslim was an extremist, there would be no people left on earth. I mean Islam is the world's 2nd largest religion, if they were all crazy, we would all be dead. I only dislike the extremists, not the normal people. I despise the crazies in Christianity as well, look at G.W. Bush, he about crazy...
  • i agree. i have very good muslim friends too. two of them dont get insluted when we r talking about religion and politics and i accidently insult the muslim religion in front of them. they even usually agree with me.