Dreams

Comments

• Oh sorry, my misunderstanding. Please forgive me for my insolence.
  • [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=1;threadid=537;start=45#msg45479 date=1136867536]

so anyways, what do u think about that kind of a dream?

That was a fairly interesting dream, I must say. I guess that maybe, since it made you happy that was a plus! I guess that maybe, as you said, that the devil can't provide a dream that has to do with love, if I am not mistaken, is true. Then again, it's not the devil's love that's involved with this dream, it's yours. I don't think that the devil can't provide dreams that allow you to fall in love. The devil can use dreams to make love or lust, depending on what you interpret it, your downfall. (Please tell me if you don't understand what I mean). I am not sure whether this dream was from God or from the devil and I guess that it depends on how you felt and how your emotions were after the dream. If it was really the devil who provided this dream/vision, hopefully it was God, for you then I would assume that he would have done that to cause you to fall into sin. This was what I was talking about before in one of my previous posts where I stated that the dream mught seem like its from God but the devil has done it because he knows/assumes that you will commit a sin or be careless after you see/experience what you saw/experienced in that dream.

Please forgive me for using your dream as an example and I assure you that I am not inferring anything by the things which I am trying to tell you. Please forgive me if I hurt you in any way but if I do, just tell me and I will try to do anything to pay you back MarMar91. Let's say that somebody else had a dream like this, this person, let's call him Bob, might wake up with a desire to commit lusts with the girl who he was dreaming of. That's when a dream becomes dangerous and that's what the devil wants you to think of as the result of a dream/vision. Especially if one believes that it is a vision that's from God, where what is seen in a dream comes true. Bob might fall into a false sense of security where a Bob thinks that, since I shall have her anyways, I might as well do what I want with her, even before marrage. Of course, that's all wrong. *MarMar 91, I know that this is completely different then your dream and that none of this applies to you, but please bare with me so that I may get my point across. Please! please! please! please! please! forgive me if I hurt you in any way, remember that this all happened to Bob and not you. If you have any other dreams you would like to share I am always hear for you! Also, forgive me because my statement about this is so long. By all means, ignore all which I say for I am just a naive fool who does not even have the permission to say such things about anyone, especially my brothers and sisters, of whom I am even less then they are. Please forgive me.

Please pray for me always,
    Believer in God

• I guess you're right, MarMar91. I do agree that what happened to Bob was infortunate. I guess with that example I didn't mean love but I meant lust. Wouldn't you think that by Bo having that dream, it would lead him to get impatient and force him to rush himself so that he gets this girl before any other person does? I was thinking that the dream would make him so attached to his girl that he could not wait to have her. Isn't that what the devil attempts to do with the dreams which he uses? If one has self-control then that would happen and when the devil comes to tempt him/her, if this was the dream of the devil, then that person would be able to control his/her emotions and resist the temptation of the devil. My point is that this might be a dream of the devil, because it is aimed at making Bob fall into temptation. I guess my concern now is, whether your feeling about what you experienced in the dream was really what determines whether the dream was from God or not or whether there is some other factor. Remember that the devil is not infallible, so sometimes his plans to make the children of God sometimes fails. If Bob reacted the way that you stated, MarMar91 then this dream was either from God because it provided Bob with joy and looking forward to his relationship with his girl, or possibly it was a failed attempt by the devil which led to love and self-control and patience, which are the exact opposite of the devil's intentions. I don't know if my ideas and logic is correct but if it is then how do you know whether a dream is from God or from the devil, if emotions can't determine that? Sorry for splitting hairs but this is a very complex issue and there is much to it. I guess abouna or a person who's very high in his/her spirituality and wisdom can answer this question. I will try to ask abouna when I get the chance.

Believer in God
  • MarMar 91, I have realized that you are the one who started this thread. Was your question answered and did it satisfy you? Did you ask a father of confession or another spiritual leader? Did God provide you with the answer? How did you solve this problem because it seems like you were satisfied with the results, otherwise you probably would not be responding to a poor man who has questions about the subject which you had questions about. I am sorry if this is a personal question or what inconvenience this may cause for you. I thank you very much for being the one person who responds to me and the one person who I talk to about this issue.

Believer in God
  • [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=1;threadid=537;start=15#msg9537 date=1093552413]
    ya, but plz don't give me answers like you'll just know... hopw can u tell if its a dream for God, or a foreshadopwing of things to come---???

Going back to this question, I believe that the dreams that are from God are dreams which are foreshadowing the things to come. I can't think of any other reason that the Lord would provide us with a dream/vision, if it would not come true. Like you said before MarMar, in one of your posts, the dream which maade you happy to be with someone again might be a dream from God and that you are waiting for this day to come when you are really going to be able to be with that person. Right? I would not see why else the Lord would make you dream of such a thing if it brings your hopes up and then brings it down again, because when you look to reality you do not believe it is really going to happen. I may be wrong although but if you have another suggestion as to why God would make you dream if something if it would not come true then I am ready to hear your comments about it.

Believer in God
  • noooooooo its not silly to be happy over a dream. like you said it gave you patience, and it made you happy n u didnt sin. wats wrong with it???
  • i had the worst dream.!!!!!!!!!1 :'( :'( :'(

i dreamt that my bestest buddy died. it was the worst and like i attended her funeral ar church and i said the eulogy. it was so bad

does anyone know what that means??? is it bad luck

but shes so beautiful and.... i just dont want to think about it, i nearly had a heart attack

pray 4 me
    marina
  • What MarMar91 is asking is exactly what I want to know.

Believer in God
  • [quote author=mazza link=board=1;threadid=537;start=45#msg46059 date=1137764899]
    i had the worst dream.!!!!!!!!!1 :'( :'( :'(

i dreamt that my bestest buddy died. it was the worst and like i attended her funeral ar church and i said the eulogy. it was so bad

but shes so beautiful and.... i just dont want to think about it, i nearly had a heart attack

pray 4 me
    marina

so anyone know what it means???????????
    please- im geting scared!!!
  • I am by no means a dream interpreter because I can not even interpret my own dreams. I was thinking that perhaps that dream might have been a sign of God trying to explain to you what the meaning of true love is and what true love can do to a person. Just as you love your friend and can not even think of being without her God might be showing you how and what true love feels like. It's kind of like God might be telling you that He loves you and if He loses you it will be to Him as you losing your friend. Please, forgive me if I complicated or distorted the message of the Lord to you, if this dream was truly from the Lord.
    Maybe if you talk to your father of confession he might be able to figure this out, as was stated in another thread concerning this matter of dreams.

Believer in God
  • MarMar91, you should definitely tell your father of confession about your dreams, as you have suggested. God is the only one who knows you better then youself and through the power of the Holy Spirit your father of confession can perhaps tell you the truth concerning this matter. It would be as if the Lord Himself is talking to you because one should consider the talking to a father of confession to be talking to the Holy Spirit Himself.
  • [quote author=Believer in God link=board=1;threadid=537;start=60#msg46127 date=1137884330]
    I am by no means a dream interpreter because I can not even interpret my own dreams. I was thinking that perhaps that dream might have been a sign of God trying to explain to you what the meaning of true love is and what true love can do to a person. Just as you love your friend and can not even think of being without her God might be showing you how and what true love feels like. It's kind of like God might be telling you that He loves you and if He loses you it will be to Him as you losing your friend. Please, forgive me if I complicated or distorted the message of the Lord to you, if this dream was truly from the Lord.
    Maybe if you talk to your father of confession he might be able to figure this out, as was stated in another thread concerning this matter of dreams.

thank you 'believer in god', youv'e helped a lot
  • i havnt been able to reach my foc but i asked my youth teacher and she said and egyptian apparently believes that when you have a dream of someone dying it means that they'll be married soon or sumfin

any comments??? ::)
  • i dunno, these dreams are sooooo unusual ::)
  • i know i have had...well ...not just unusual...but insane dreams...personally i dont think they have a meaning but i think it is just thoughts that are at the back of your mind...

nothing to worry bout really...
  • [quote author=mazza link=board=1;threadid=537;start=60#msg46116 date=1137835611]
    [quote author=mazza link=board=1;threadid=537;start=45#msg46059 date=1137764899]
    i had the worst dream.!!!!!!!!!1 :'( :'( :'(

pray 4 me
    marina

so anyone know what it means???????????
    please- im geting scared!!!

not every dream u get have to have a meaning!

GBU
    sandra
  • I was wondering if you are 100% sure of that statement sandrahanna. If so, what was your source or method of coming about that conclusion? I am not wuestioning if it is true or not, don't get me wrong, but I guess I am interested because in another thread I heard the opposite.

Believer in God
  • i actually heard the same thing too... what mazza said... and like if you cry in a dream that means something good is gonna happen...
  • thats interesting...
  • [quote author=Believer in God link=board=1;threadid=537;start=60#msg46771 date=1138833578]
    I was wondering if you are 100% sure of that statement sandrahanna. If so, what was your source or method of coming about that conclusion? I am not wuestioning if it is true or not, don't get me wrong, but I guess I am interested because in another thread I heard the opposite.

Believer in God

abouna always say that..and i remember sayedna talking about it before but i tried searching for it..but i couldn't find anything!

GBU
    sandra
  • although i rarely have dreams of my own anymore i will attempt an explanation

Dreams that arent from God dont neccesarily have to be from the devil, and vica-versa. they can also be from your subconscience; so with that in mind, here is my lengthy explanation (forgive me, i felt i needed all those words, because it is a complex topic)

Dreams are strange, confusing, convoluted, and erratic by nature. you will never fully understand all of them. here is why:
    dreams are from your subconscience. they are manifestation of thoughts, feelings, desires, instincts, etc..
    HOWEVER, because the human subconscience is strange in its own methodical ways, these manifestations of your mind's secret life are often distorted to the point that they are not recognized as meaningful. for example: if Bob (for lack of a better test subject lol) disliked someone, bill lets say. bob would repeatedly have dreams of his childhood where he was made fun of by his peers, an event that really hurt bob. there is obviously no connection here, at least we dont see a connection, and neither does bob. but if bob looked a little bit closer he would see that this guy bill is also made fun of and disliked by his peers. his subconscience sees this connection and during his restless sleep he is reminded of the reasons he doesnt like bill, yet he doesnt realize it. so our subconscience is very errational and illogical so we must look at dreams symbolically. these dreams usually reveal things in our life that may bother us and so arent restricted to things we think about before sleep.

Dreams from God: i think our LORD can speak for himself on this ;D

Dreams from devil: May the LORD protect from them ;)
  • wow...

how do you know all these things about dreams...
    sounds interesting and very true!!
  • well said EpNomos EnTaio
  • well the only reason i know is because i'm really into psychology and i read freud's stuff on dreams. ;D
  • i know that lol
  • that ur into psychology lol ;D
  • I have heard of the name Sigmund Freud before and how he made major contributions in the field of psychology. I am not, although really familiar with all which he contributed to the world of psychology, maybe you may a little bit more input, if you can, EpNomos EnTaio. I doubt, although, that all dreams are erratic and just random, and you clearly mentioned my point here, that not all dreams are not understandable. If anybody has any other input about this matter I am very willing to hear about it because even though some dreams are random in nature I am truly interested in the spiritual dreams, visions, which the Lord blesses us with. Can these visions fortell our future? Can these visions be the prophetic visions as that of the prophets of the Old Testament? Are some of us, today, truly prophets of God? How do we know? How can we tell whether these visions are from God or from the devil? How do we know whether the future being fortold to us, through visions, are of truth or of falsehood?
    Why am I asking so many questions? :D

Believer in God
  • well as with st. Anthony the great, those things that are from god give one peace and tranquility in the deep recesses of one's soul, whereas anything from the devil, no matter its appearance, will disquiet the spiritually inclined person.
  • What do you think of this ? ?

"Demons often transform themselves into angels of light and take the form of martyrs, and make it appear to us during sleep that we are in communication with them. Then, when we wake up, they plunge us into unholy joy and conceit. But you can detect their deceit by this very fact. For angels reveal torments, judgments and separations; and when we wake up we find that we are trembling and sad. As soon as we begin to believe the demons in dreams, then they make sport of us when we are awake too. He who believes in dreams is completely inexperienced. But he who distrusts all dreams is a wise man. Only believe dreams that warn you of torments and judgments. But if despair afflicts you, then such dreams area also from demons. St John Climacus, "The Ladder of Divine Ascent", Step 3: On Exile or Pilgrimage (Boston: Holy Transfiguration Monastery, 1978)"

From
    http://www.orthodox.net/gleanings/demons.html