TV Shows and Movies

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Hi,
I want your opinion about TV Shows and Movies, what do you think about them, do they mean something to you, or do you think it depends on which show or movie you watch, what do you think of rated G or PG tv and movie?

Forever,
Coptic Servent

Comments

• I do not think tv is bad, just like i dont think computers are bad...and other stuff as well, but it really depends on how you, personally, choose to use them, whether they are bad or good. There are many beneficial shows/ movies on tv, especially on the christian channel EWTN, many times it will bring movies like Jesus of Nazareth, or sometimes bible stories for children (which you can record for your sunday school class if you teach little kids),

and even if it is not a show of religious nature, one knows what to watch and not what to watch, keeping in mind, "All things are lawful unto me, but not all things are helpful" 1 Cor.. However, for some even though the shows that they choose to watch on tv may not be bad at all, but they watch tv for many hours, and it becomes as an addiction to some people, and even though they arent watching anything bad, yet there is no point of wasting precious time that could have been used doing something more beneficial and useful, but instead spent it infront if the tv, so i think if u are addicted to tv it is definetly not a good thing
  • thank you PrincessMary, for sharing, any more replies?
    Please and Thank you

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • well...about G and PG movies...thats okay...but not PG13 and R!!
    and TV isn't bad at all...u can learn alot from TV!!
    pray for me!
  • it really depends what u can get out of the show/movie
    i mean pg 13 and R is ok if ur the correct age and maturity level
    Passion of the Christ was rated R and still had a significant value to it
  • Thank you for sharing, sandrahanna and thebrain, can I get more opinions please!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • yea i like cartoons hehe ;D at least they r beta thn otha things?

but anyways they r wasting of time!

wat about u coptic servant???
  • I truely believe, that movies or shows that show you the rating can affect either way as you watch it, and I only watch rated G and PG movies, on tv that is, but as I said I only been to the movie theatre twice, to see one movie, The Passion of Christ, and it was rated R, I mean I never ever saw a movie that was rated R, even though when I was 8 and 9 I used to watch rated PG-13, so I screamed and I yelled, in the movie theatre, and my parents calmed me down, I didn't want to see a rated R movie, and they said, that we're watching a movie that's about Jesus, don't worry, so I finally said yes, and my parents are the same way, they went to see the film of God, in the theatre, in egypt, that's what I think, what do the others have in mind of sharing with us, please do, it may AFFECT us in some way.

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • hey i don't get really wat u mean ::)
  • lol... maryann i think you're talking about an arabic channel?
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=13;threadid=2556;start=0#msg41016 date=1130187377]
    hey i don't get really wat u mean ::)

which part do you mean?

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • hey that IS a good point, what do u all think bout ART? Abouan ( my dadday) will watch movies and record them but we dont have it. he gets it from other ppl. im SOOOO psyched for the coptic channels tho to come out!!
    Keep me in your prayers and thoughts,
    Forever,
    Vina
  • lol, arabic can be just as bad as american movies sometimes, so becareful what you watch... but most of the times the tv shows are fine... o n when do the coptic channels come out? i know noursat's out but thats catholic n they talk lebananese n i can hardly understand them...
  • they talk lebananese n i can hardly understand them...

lol i find tht hard tooohehe :D
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=13;threadid=2556;start=15#msg41173 date=1130378498]
    lol, arabic can be just as bad as american movies sometimes, so becareful what you watch... but most of the times the tv shows are fine... o n when do the coptic channels come out? i know noursat's out but thats catholic n they talk lebananese n i can hardly understand them...

Ya, I have arabic dish, but not only noursat's usually a few months ago on sundays there would be coptic orthodox odasses (masses), but on noursat there are some egyptian-coptic orthodox masses and liturgys!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • yea, they do that every couple months, but its not like, every sunday or at least like once a month... but theres another channel that brings the mass...
  • Ya, because the time changed now it comes I think at 10 in central america! I love the the odasses!

Forever,
    Coptic Servent
  • rabena yebarek God bless
  • I truely believe, that movies or shows that show you the rating can affect either way as you watch it, and I only watch rated G and PG movies, on tv that is, but as I said I only been to the movie theatre twice, to see one movie, The Passion of Christ, and it was rated R, I mean I never ever saw a movie that was rated R, even though when I was 8 and 9 I used to watch rated PG-13, so I screamed and I yelled, in the movie theatre, and my parents calmed me down, I didn't want to see a rated R movie, and they said, that we're watching a movie that's about Jesus, don't worry, so I finally said yes, and my parents are the same way, they went to see the film of God, in the theatre, in egypt, that's what I think, what do the others have in mind of sharing with us, please do, it may AFFECT us in some way.

well...i don't watch R rated movie at all well when i watched the pation of christ it was in egypt and i got the DVD and it wasn't rated..well maybe it was but i figured out that it was R rated but after i watched it!!!!
    GBU
  • I don't get that whole rating-thing (R?...G?...). Could someone explain it to me?

• hey i didn't get it either ???

go there:
    http://www.answers.com/topic/r-abbreviation-2?method=6

but if this is what they are talking about so what is it to do with "the passion of the Christ"??????
  • its a way the producer tell what kind of audiences should watch it....

G- General Audience

PG- Parental Guidance

PG-13 - Parental Guidance if under the age of 13

R- Must be 17 or older
  • and this whole thing was about how was the pation of christ rated R and some kids watch it!!sorry guys if u made u confused!!
    GBU
  • but the passion of the Christ was an exception, if you were with a parent you could see it...
  • well...thats what could happen to all R rated movies!!!
    but lets get back to the topic!!
  • well technically this relates to the topic

n the only reason you were allowed to see it with your parents because it was a religious movie...

but to say the truth guys, the rating really doesnt matter much. its how much u take a certain movie into view and mind n occupation... how u watch it, no what you watch... because you you could be watching a G rated movie n treat it the wrong way, think about it too much, ect...
  • The divine liturgies on Sundays, come at the Nile Channel.

believe it or not, G and PG can be very bad as well. North American society has let bad things come on in movies with ratings as innocent and G and PG.

What has thsi country become.
  • yall no offence but egyptian including me we are seeing americans as adulterers annd stuff and there these people who go to church and help even with other contents not coountries
    why ????????? they true christians now lets get on the topic
    theres exactly 2 ways to see america nice and bad lets take an example of funny movies like longest yards whats wrong with that and look at egyptian movies their pg showing more stuff n e wayz act mature dont see one person kissin the other and say awww hes kissin act mature take the biggest stick out of ur eyes then pick out the little dust out of urs frnds or brothers eye

i hope i have not offended no one plz accept my apolgy

bigmak :-[