This is awesome!!

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
ok so tonight my dad was watching this show, it was about Egypt, and the assisination of presidant Sadam, so my dad told me that a week before it happened, the president had a fight with His Holiness Pope Shenouda, and he made him stay in the monstary. And he jailed priests like Abouna Tadros. So my dad was he jailed priests but he died in front of millions and millions of poeple on national TV, my mom said at the time there was blood on the camera lens.

Comments

• ok sorry *president Sadat
  • Oh, that makes more sense, I'm like, did Sadaam die and I never heard about it?? lol, yea I heard about that before.... :-\
  • My mom told me that he kept His Holiness in the monastery for 41 days and even his wife was telling him "this is a holy man, leave him alone.." Sadat got 41 gun shots...
  • Not to judge here, but God gives everyone what they deserved, and it seems for every day Sadat kept His Holiness in the monastery, he got shot for it.
  • hahahaha nice one
  • :o i've nevr heard of dat. 41 gun shots? isnt 41 a number we use in church like 3 [trinity] etc . but yah i guess god is always on our side no MATTER wat.

__ CHIPSY
  • Sadat got 41 gun shots...

yeah he did!!
  • i dunn think anyone shood mess wid da COPTIC ORTHODOX POPE ;D he got heaven and GOD on his side at all times.

--CHIPSY
  • i dunn think anyone shood mess wid da COPTIC ORTHODOX POPE he got heaven and GOD on his side at all times.

huh?
  • i mean sadat messed wid the pope now look wat happened to him. i wonder if teh pope noes wat we r sayin about him right now. a thats a freaky thought.

--chipsy
  • i think the Pope was held under house arrest in the monestart for a lot longer than 41 days. i think it was severaaaaaaaal months
  • not to mention the priests that were jailed, they had government poeple in churches and if the priests mention anything about politics then they got arressted
  • yah they put all the priests nd bishops that they felt could b a threat to the government and all bishops in priest in high athauority(sp) that could control everything while the Pope was under house arrest...

but yah, it was for several months
  • yah so i just asked my mom she said she thinks up to 40 months...she said she isnt sure but it was a reaaalllly long time..exceeding a yr.. nd i think its right cuz that wat i heard be4
  • i mean sadat messed wid the pope now look wat happened to him. i wonder if teh pope noes wat we r sayin about him right now. a thats a freaky thought.

maybe he didn't have the 41 shots because of that reason....and saying what we think isn't messing up w/ people!!it is just opinions!!
  • yah i heard alot of things like that happen
  • Maybe the Pope was under house arrest for 41 months?
  • yah it was months..lots of them..could have been that
  • we rn't guessing here...thats not rit...if anyone have the rit answer say it if u not don't guess!!
    GBU
  • Alright guys i found the answer. it's 4 years http://i-cias.com/e.o/coptic_c.htm
  • wow 4 years...
    and maybe the symbolism in the 41 gunshots is becuz of how we say keryalayson 41 times. :-\ but who knows.
    Also from wat chipsy said earlier, that the pope might know that we're talking about him, he probably does; there are many stories of this type of stuff. Like the one about the man who wrote him a question on a peice of paper asking him y he doesnt perform miracles like pope kyrollos, and H.H. pointed out that exact man, row... seat... etc.

-pete
  • But poeple talk about him all the time, and it's not like we're saying bad things, we're just stating facts from history.
  • i think that site have the rit answer!! ;D
  • hmmm..idk...i was pretty sure it was around 40 months. that would mean 2 nd a half years. i researched this topic before out of interest nd i am pretty sure it was around 40 months... but yah, wither way, it was a horrible thing but we learn fro, this that in due time, we will all get wat we deserve. el sadat sure did.
  • el sadat sure did

ahsan :P...yeah he DESERVE it!! :P :P
  • just a quick lesson: don't mess with God or any of his followers
  • [quote author=sandrahanna link=board=11;threadid=2429;start=15#msg37943 date=1126118496]

el sadat sure did

ahsan :P...yeah he DESERVE it!! :P :P

excuse me...ahsan he deserves it...that's very mean...in the bible it says blessed are those who curse you...and Pope Shenouda III has a great heart...and it also says Forgive and Forget
  • CORRECTION !! the Bible does not say BLESSED are those who curse you..the Bible says BLESS those who curse you...im sorry to do this but we should b a little more careful when quoting the Bible. and in the end we all get what we deserve. we are no one to judge whether he was sinner, but according to his deeds we know that in the end, he got what was comin for him.

so please, once again..be careful when you quote the HOLY BIBLE.
  • yeah!! you tell 'em cOpticChiC
  • I'm, sorry...I didn't know...I thought it was blessed I was exact, but I was trying to be accurate and if you don't appreciate it that...I'm really sorry...anyways!