Arabic Translation

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Just Wondering can you guys read arabic?
Well, to test your skills how many years have you lived in egypt?

Comments

• Actually, I never lived in Egypt ... 100% Amrikani ;D
  • ya i can read and write and all of that

i lived 14 yrs of my life there :'(...tht's for me missing it so much...lol
  • I lived eight... and forgot arabic... but now... I am teaching myself... and relearning how do read, and write it...
  • i lived there a total of 7 years (not consecutive) i read and write arabic very well, im 100% fluent in arabic & english,

by the way if u ever lived in egypt arabic is the hardest language in the universe, the grammar is crazy, like here you stop learning grammar probably about 4th grade, over there i left there 9th grade and u r still learning more grammar till u graduate it like never ends!

plus in schools u r forced to memorize Islamic passages from the "Kor2an" as part of the arabic curriculum, which i really hated, because it made no sense
  • i never lived in egypt, but my mummi taught me to read arabic when i was like 10 years old. Its hard, but practise makes perfect (except in my case lol) ;D
  • i've never lived in egypt, i want to arabic schools on saturdays and summer... torture!! lol
    I have to admit, sadly the schools and summer didn't really do much. it was during the Holy Weeks that i follow in arabic and in tasbeha, i tried to respond in arabic as much as i could...
  • i lived in egypt for 10 years, fluent in both arabic and english and could read and write and do everything lol...pray for me
  • i lived in egypt about 8 years!!!i can read and write arabic and also english!!
  • join the club, marmar... im clueless when it comes 2 reading arabic, i talk it pretty well tho. I came to america when i was 3 and visited egypt twice... thats pretty much it
  • I was born there and lived almost eight years in Egypt and after I came to America, I spent about four years lamenting the fact that I left there and it's been about three years since I've been carrying out plan "move on." but yes, I can read, write, and speak arabic.
  • it is really amazing you guys are all egyptian but can't speak or write arabic!
  • I was almost born in Egypt, my mom visited Egypt when she was like 8 months pregnat with me. I always asked my mom to teach me how to read and write in arabic but she always refused...I'm guessing it's hard. When I speak it, it's terrible. I once had a conversation with my Teta over the phone for about 10 minutes in pure arabic...hardest thing I ever did in my life! You guys are so cool for being fluent in arabic.
  • All I talk at home is arabic, i can keep up an arabic convo as long as i can do english, and know not one arabic letter or number... or coptic for the matter, I'm a shame... :(
  • LOL, k egyptiancopt88, we are going to help you improving your arabic ;D ;).

lesson nr 1:
    ana mish batkalem 3araby =
    I don't speak arabic :P

lesson nr 2:
    mafiesh 7ad beyetkalem engiliezie? =
    Does anyone speak English?

lesson nr 3:
    La'a, ana mish moslim.=
    No, I'm not a muslim :P

(don't take this too serious, I'm just joking)
  • i can read coptic, and i think that its a great hting to know how to do for all of us. i mean its one of the beautys of our church.

i also know how to read arabic. i was born here but bishop david had lessons for us and now we can read both. :)
  • welcome CopticChic!
  • [quote author=Coptic-Irini link=board=10;threadid=2190;start=15#msg35012 date=1124228165]
    LOL, k egyptiancopt88, we are going to help you improving your arabic ;D ;).

lesson nr 1:

lesson nr 2:

lesson nr 3:
    La'a, ana mish moslim.=

lol that ws funny!! 8)
  • [quote author=Coptic-Irini link=board=10;threadid=2190;start=15#msg35012 date=1124228165]
    LOL, k egyptiancopt88, we are going to help you improving your arabic ;D ;).

lesson nr 1:

lesson nr 2:

lesson nr 3:
    La'a, ana mish moslim.=

Hahahaha, just was quite funny. I understand arabic when I'm spooken too. When I, myself, speak it, it's horrible. But my parents say it's good overall for a 17 year old non-Egyptian born.
  • all of you guys are sinaa amricania=made in U.S.A.
    who was made in egypt?
  • I was born in egypt my homeland my favorite home ever I don't like america that much
  • [quote author=Coptic Servent link=board=10;threadid=2190;start=15#msg35236 date=1124399119]
    I was born in egypt my homeland my favorite home ever I don't like america that much

i second that :)
  • [quote author=MarMar91 link=board=10;threadid=2190;start=15#msg35240 date=1124399823]
    lol ;D
    No offense to any1, but when i went to Egypt, I was miserable, cuz I mean look at where I come from.. NJ, Its way up there, and I can hardly stand the heat and humidity in the summer, but in Egypt, we went eevrywhere, Sharm El Sheikh., Aswan, Luxor, gIZA, CAIRO, and to lots of monestaries.. but its all a vague memory cuz i was miserabel..
    I was soo miserable because of the great heat, as we went in late July early August, and also by the sand blowing in my eyes and the dehydration...
    But ya.. I want to go again in a cooler time so I can actaully enjoy it.. but I guess u grow attached to what ur used to...

so where is your family from in egypt?
    mine is from cairo!and thats pretty interesting!
    and how about everyone else here?
  • well i stayed there from the end of school to its start, oh yea it was HOT, but i still had a lot of fun

--I'm from Cairo--
  • i lived there for 1st 12 yrs of my life and i still remember the thingi called TASHKEL 'n' NAHOW which is grammer and i miss lots of people there :'(
  • egypt is not that hot, im in florida and its like summer almost all year, and its more hotter here than egypt or almost the same, plus we keep getting hurricanes, so the weather is definetly worse here
    mnc_hnn, i hate nahw and tashkeel too, its so hard, i dont know how i ever managed to pass arabic in school, thank God thats over with! :)
  • TASHKEL 'n' NAHOW which is grammer

oh god i always god zeros in that yeah it hard!i took in third grade to 6 grade!nd i had this teacher her name was fathya we used to make fun of her all the time!but she was really good at it...we called her fathya fath el bab fathala fetiha abou ras maftouha!that was the funniest name ever!!and by the way egypt isn't hot at all it is just in the middle of july it is burning because a storm comes from the desert but florida is way much hotter than egypt!!
  • schools staring up again.. at least it will give me something to do...

some victim people like me started 2weeks ago!
  • Yes, I can read arabic, kinda. I lived there for 6 years and i talk and understand really good.
  • I lived in egypt for 25 years, so I can read and write very professionally, I feel bad sometimes when i find people don't even care about learning Arabic, no matter what it's the language that ties us to the mother church and all of its treasures.......on the other hand i like to laugh at you guys who speak arabic with an accent.. sometimes it's so funny - like one time while eating lunch somebody said"we need some more warak enubS" ..any way god bless you all, pray for me.
  • yeah they sounds funny specially when they can't and they are trying to....and they say the word wrong...ohh.thats so bad!!