swearin

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
hey erbody
k well i dont swear and all but my prest's daughter does.
this confuses me alot
rn't we soposed to look up to thoes people?
wat good does swearing do if there is the same meanings for words that r not swears?
All ma friends swear and r so surprized that i dont yet when they bug me i say"wat if yo mom found out u swear?" and they stop buggin
so they r doin it against theyr parents will
well i am not sayin i am the cleanist person that ud meet but this is buggin me so much?
to cut to the chase
is it aight to swear?
talk to yall later

Comments

• Marina,
    First off, Welcome to the Site,
    Second: Swearing is WRONG. Just cuz Abouna's Daughter does it doesn't make it right. Just cuz our parent's sometimes do it doesn't make it right. SWEARING IS WRONG. IT is good that you keep your tongue clean.

Here is one biblical refrense that you may answer your friends with. I suggest you read the Epistle of Saint James (esp Chapter 2 and 3) talks about that but here is something a little more direct:

"For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so. Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening? Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Thus no spring yields both salt water and fresh." (James 3: 7-12)

I don't have a refrence for this but Saint Paul said "no adultorers, no fornicators, .... NO one who swears,.... No evil doers will enter the kingdom of God" so he puts those who commit adultry on teh same level to those who swear or curse and both kinds will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

You should not look up to someone just cuz his/her father is a priest. The bible teaches us to look up to someone who has finished his sturggle and was victorious (the saints) (look at the end of thier lives and follow in thier footsteps)

I hope This helps.
  • Oh, I forgot, one more chapter to read is Mathew 23. Talks alot about that.

• first,isn't abouna's daughter a human being she can do any sin.
    second we can't judge any1.....if i didn't understand it rong!! :-\
  • yeah sandra is right. any human can do any sin so no one is perfect at all!!!!!! ;)
  • yup swearing is wrong, and we are all human beings and we aren't perfect. But honestly I HATE when ppl swear! :'( Its sin and its sad to see people doing it.
    like yesterday my friends started swaring so much and i like couldn't take it.. now i have some of the words in my head now.. does anyone have any idea how we can stop cursing even in our minds? ??? because its driving me nuts!..

God bless :)
  • ur all rite but that would be the last sin id see comin out of abouns daughter!!
    i no she is human and all but wouldnt she keep that stuff to herself? she swears to erbody she isnt ashamed at all. if i were her i would be.
    get wat i am sayin? :-X
  • o yea i mean swearin as in cussin or bad words
    God Bless
    [move]Marina Botros[/move]
  • Swearing is wrong. you are god's child. How can the representative of Christ not obey His words? A house that is divided among itself will fall. If you swear and later praise God with the same filthy tongue, what will you have acomplished?
    What is said without swearing is so much more appreciated and respected than something said using foul words. It is far better to say nothing at all :-X than to say anything bad.
  • :)[quote author=keep.smiling link=board=13;threadid=1885;start=0#msg28458 date=1118787316]
    If you swear and later praise God with the same filthy tongue, what will you have acomplished?

AMEN TO THAT! :). . .goood point! ;)
  • yea actually u all got some good points
    thanks alot
    Marina Botros
    GOOD POINTS FROM ERBODY:
    "If you swear and later praise God with the same filthy tongue, what will you have acomplished?"
    "but maybe every1 expects her to be perfect, and she wants to show ppl shes not..."
    "yup swearing is wrong, and we are all human beings"
    "any human can do any sin so no one is perfect"
    "we can't judge any1"
    "you will encounter ppl who curse all the time, and u have to know how to deal with it..."
    "IT is good that you keep your tongue clean."

• The daughters of priests are normal people..just because they're father is a servant of Christ does not make them one..it's no "family plan".
  • [quote author=ServantOfJesus link=board=13;threadid=1885;start=0#msg28470 date=1118801063]
    The daughters of priests are normal people..just because they're father is a servant of Christ does not make them one..it's no "family plan".

dont compare yourself with PK's, infact dont compare yourself with anyone... just do wat u gotta do... dont swear...
  • [quote author=Mikhail_04 link=board=13;threadid=1885;start=0#msg28471 date=1118804258]
    [quote author=ServantOfJesus link=board=13;threadid=1885;start=0#msg28470 date=1118801063]
    The daughters of priests are normal people..just because they're father is a servant of Christ does not make them one..it's no "family plan".

dont compare yourself with PK's, infact dont compare yourself with anyone... just do wat u gotta do... dont swear...

It's more of looking up to than comparing to..sometimes when people you admire go bad, you get majorly confused.
  • comparing yourself is wrong i think because my parents say so like if i am forced to study 8th grade and my 6th grade brother isnt, i say why doesnt he have too? and they say dont compare your self with him.
  • why exactly is swearing wrong???? i mean is it bad for us????
  • what brings the comparing thing here??thats weard!
  • hey swearig can be bad sandra if you do not know what you are saying!!!
  • profanity altogether is bad. If you do those things, you should confess to abouna about it
  • yeah that is true that when you confess for swearing!!!
  • swearing is WRONG...its spoken about in the bible...read James (it talks about the sins of the tongue)...

Thou shalt not swear. Ex. 20:7 Profanity is the official language of the devil's kingdom. Have no part in it for it will disqualify you from heaven.

Its unneccessary anyways...so, DONT DO IT! ...and plus u represent Christ...just as u look up to abounas daughter...ur school friends or other ppl look at u as being a Christian...so what u do, can affect ppls views of Christianity.....u carry Christ's name--> Dont take it so lightly!
  • great answer Maryann23!!! ;D good job!!
  • i think when the bible says "thou shall not swear" i am pretty sure they r talkin bout likk swearing not likk cursing
    u kno likk i swear on the holy bible or i swear to God
    u kno wat i am sayin?
  • nope...thou shall not swear...like dont curse!
    Anyways both are wrong...so dont do it.
  • okay i understand know!!!! great answers everyone!!
  • hey guys i was just wondering if someone used to cuss, but is trying to stop, how would you be get those words out of your mind/heart??

just a thought..

GBU all today!

laura
  • ya ive tryed very hard to stop swearing (not taking an oath but rather cursing) but i find it relatively hard. its like i dont even think before i say the curse but wen i do i feel guilty how can i stop???
  • It is very simple just stop and walk away from the places and any one dose that .KEEP PRYING++++++++++++++
  • on top of it being a sin the reason as well why it is a sin is because it shows a lack of class. God created us in his image, so by us swearing we deteriorate Gods image. We represent Christ, how do people follow our teachings or put their faith in Christ if his disciples swear and lack of class, it takes credebility away from chirstians when we speak.

That is what i think u should make people understand when they swear simply, explain it in a easy going way to ur friends
  • [quote author=Wagih Hanna link=board=13;threadid=1885;start=30#msg35354 date=1124549885]
    It is very simple just stop and walk away from the places and any one dose that .KEEP PRYING++++++++++++++

actually i have to say it isn't simple..it REALLY isn't easy to stop any kind of sin. i struggle with cussing a lot.. and its soo hard to get those words out of my head.. but yeah what i have been trying to is to find the reason i do cuss, and try to fix that.
    like because a lot of times cussing comes from another sin. prayer and true genuine humility will destroy cussing, like coming to God and saying u are weak & sorry, and can't do this alone.
    And occupying my mind with spiritual things ( coptic books, magazines, bible, etc.) helps A LOT to forget about worrying about trying to stop, because you are occupying your mind with spiritual things, to keep ur mind focused on God.

so yeah just my 2 cents.

GBU all!

laura
  • [quote author=LauraInChrist link=board=13;threadid=1885;start=30#msg35364 date=1124558674]
    [quote author=Wagih Hanna link=board=13;threadid=1885;start=30#msg35354 date=1124549885]
    It is very simple just stop and walk away from the places and any one dose that .KEEP PRYING++++++++++++++

actually i have to say it isn't simple..it REALLY isn't easy to stop any kind of sin. i struggle with cussing a lot.. and its soo hard to get those words out of my head.. but yeah what i have been trying to is to find the reason i do cuss, and try to fix that.
    like because a lot of times

cussing comes from another sin.

prayer and true genuine humility will destroy cussing, like coming to God and saying u are weak & sorry, and can't do this alone.

i like what you just said becuse that always what my FOC always tell me when every time i say the same sin and specially rcussing!